iep.utm.edu/nihilism/#H2
pwelverumandsun.com/2003
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who?

youre a dick m8
i just can't wait for Phil to release some somber shit

:^(

Phil will never smile like this ever again

people die. your parents will die, your gf will die, your dog will die. eventually you will die too. get used to the idea

Nice edge there m8

t. still in HS and just read schopenhauer

>stating a fact makes people this insecure

sad!

>those photos Phil occasionally posts on Facebook
>that feel when you'll never have the same kind of love

>I just found out what nihilism is and now I have it all figured out

I'm not even nihilistic in any way but he's right

accepting death != nihilism, ya dinguses

thank u i will never feel sad again now

that's definitively a tranny

heh... nothin personnel.... kid...

accepting death != flatly reminding strangers on a korean origami board that everyone they know is gonna die like you're some time-hardened badass

also, none of us have accepted death

some of us are doing our best impression of a jaded cigarette-smoking cynic right now, but we're all only periodically and briefly aware of mortality

I remember Phil saying on some podcast a few years ago that he doesn't find mortality sad (or he doesn't feel the need to get overly upset or depressed because of it), rather he just accepts it as a part of nature or some other Phil Elverumy shit.

who youre trying to impress kid

But it was a response to the edgemaster OP (you?) who is laughing at le epic joke that someone someone cared about died.

There's really nothing funny about it and I'm assuming that poster meant to remind you that you too will be hit with tragedy so maybe you should think twice before making shitposts like these.

But judging by your sense of humor and the fact you got triggered by someone telling you people you know will die, you're probably 12 years old and this'll go over your head anyways.

>none of us have accepted death
speak for yourself

I'm not the same guy from up there, not even trying to defend him really, it's just that there is lot more ideas out there addressing mortality than nihilism.

Right about what? People dying? Wow, what a fucking groundbreaking concept.

Simply stating the obvious fucking fact that death is an inevitably isn't going to magically make people stop giving a shit about their loved ones dying. Normally functioning human beings aren't capable of dealing with loss without grieving. There's nothing even wrong with grief to begin with.

there's nothing nihilistic about

"Don't make fun of people who die because your mother will die someday too"

-Friedrich Nietzsche, famed nihilist

>also, none of us have accepted death
WDHMBT?

>nietzsche
>nihilist

iep.utm.edu/nihilism/#H2

about half of nietzsche's oeuvre is an attack and refutation of the rising nihilism in europe. read his books. some blurb from the internet means shit

you guys really missed the point

he was merely voicing frustration with these stupid threads that often appear

there's nothing shocking about attractive celebrities looking worse after 20 years of aging. it's a basic fact that anyone should have realized and accepted a long time ago

>some blurb from a peer reviewed encyclopedia means nothing because it's on the internet
>my post on a cantonese cartoon board is worth reading

I love you, Phil

But this read is about someones wife dying of cancer and the OP laughing at it. I'm completely with you on the constant threads pointing out how someone who is 60 has aged, but I'm not sure how this fits in with a post about how someone died of cancer in their 40s(?).

What's the humor here? That someone died? That her husband and child are devastated? Yes, people die, that doesn't mean that people don't have a good justification for feeling loss when a loved one dies.

Anyone who views death as LOL LE CANCER XDXDXD when a "famous" person dies isn't going to feel the same when their wife or parents die unless they're a fucking sociopath.

>reading philosophy

have you even read the whole blurb you linked? did you ever read a single nietzsche work?
he diagnosed nihilism as inherent to christianity. the whole "god is dead" is about the rise of nihilism in face of increasing secularism. that doesn't mean he was ever a nihilist. it's actually the extreme opposite.

dude it was a shitty joke calm down lmao

>reading

>he writes out complete words without spelling errors
wew

>Anyone who views death as LOL LE CANCER XDXDXD when a "famous" person dies isn't going to feel the same when their wife or parents die unless they're a fucking sociopath.
This. I honestly feel like people who do this are young and haven't experience the death of a true close one and they don't know how they'll react to it and they're scared. This is a way of pushing that insecurity away.

>there's nothing shocking about attractive celebrities looking worse after 20 years of aging.
wtf do you think this thread is about m8? this is about phil elverum's wife who died of cancer a couple months ago.

ur in the wrong thread and also thank u i will never feel sad again now

that was the joke autist

do you even know who or what OP is talking about?

I was never that edgy but after having a few closeish family members die i thought i was ok with death. Then my best friend killed himself and it still hurts. No one will ever just be okay with death, those posts just show how underage half this board is.

if you dont laugh at this thread youre reddit

if you laugh at this thread you're probably a regular at /r/imgoingtohellforthis

>your gf will die

pwelverumandsun.com/2003

if you laugh at this thread you're underage Sup Forums