What happens after death, Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L9Khi2mkZIs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Necrophilia

You slowly start decomposing

Ask this thread

you're dead.

“Try to imagine what it will be like to go to sleep and never wake up... now try to imagine what it was like to wake up having never gone to sleep.”

You will this elf and...
He fuck you

That's deep man!

Your right here but nobody knows it. And you can't leave the space your relegated too. Get ready to wait.

There has to be something, right? The thought of just nothing, it is unthinkable, literally not a conceivable thought, beyond imagination, sheer nonexistence for eternity with no memory or conscioussness of ever existing as if you never existed. can it really be that pointless? I sure hope not, there has to be something, hold me Sup Forums I think I'm having an existential breakdown again.

PIMFLAKO

;)

But is that your ego, telling you, "there must be something, because ITS NOT FAIR?!"

You were nothing before you were born, you will be nothing after you die.

The world will turn. Someone will be born, someone will die. Your sells may end up in another human someday. Maybe not. Is it worth waiting to live until your dead? Food for fucking thought.

Another man fucks your wife!

Just one theory. Or it could be so endless they don't know what to do with you. There are so many possibilities. Reality is not as finite as what we see and hear. What we think.

We'll know son enough. For now, live well.

Go to afterlife. Wait for about a year until you forget this life. Reincarnate. If you have already reached nirvana, you may return with a purpose of the afterlife.

nothing at all

Today might be the sum total of your reality, your life. Make it count.

Your consience will experience the worst and absolute pain for an infinity of years.

You are lost in the void, where time and space are meaningless, just like it was during the billions and billions of years before you were born.

"Find what you love, let it kill you."

You get eaten by a giant asshole.
>also check'em

Death will be just like before you were born.

people look at you while you are in a box, then they put you in the ground. if you are near a tree you might become apart of it, otherwise you are just grass food

Jesus Christ looks at your bank account and puts you in the part of heaven you qualify for

you're never gonna dance again

I hear it's being gentrified.

and why not?

everyone assumes A. nothingness or B. blissful transcendence, but it could just as easily be eternal torture

the photons in our brains may be coupled with the photons in every pain receptor in the universe, and upon death you become the essence of pain for eternity and there is NO AVOIDING IT

these dubs will it

a masochists dream. there ya go OP
get buried with a lifetime supply of tylonol

You never wake up again from the dream.
Just hope its not a nightmare.

After giving much thought about this going back 42 years, I believe you come back as a nigger

depends if you were a stupid fuck or not.

hail lucifer.

After death u're still dead you know?

> (OP)
>Your consience will experience the worst and absolute pain for an infinity of years.
Where will this conscious reside? In your body, on earth, in space? Consciousness does not exist without a body, sometimes it doesn't even exist inside one.

Prophecy?

Well, could argue pain needs nerves. Or you could say it's just electrical, but then death is the end. Death ends fun.

no, it makes no difference

whether you were Charles Manson or Mother Theresa, all that's waiting is eternal suffering, it's the price of being born and there is no way out

Life goes on ... for everyone who didn't die.
Your experiences, your knowledge, your understanding, your strength, your hands, your voice, your friendship, your kinship and your future is gone. irrevocably. Forever.

But you won't care. Because you aren't.

You are judged by King Yemma. If you were good, you go to heaven for a while. If you were bad, you go to HFIL for a while. If you were great, you have a chance to go to Kai's planet.

Same thing as before birth

What's OPs crisis? Worrying about death? Because that's like worrying about crashing a car when you aren't even in one. Your not there quite yet. You have no concept, so why tear yourself up inside with speculation? It's your last great adventure, literally.

Alan watts right? Love that guy

>pic related

In its last dying moments, your brain will let you experience eternity.
Your atoms will return to the mix and your "self" to the "universal super conscious". But as a personal experience?

Dreaming for eternity. If you're a happy, positive person, you'll have good dreams and memories to experience (ie. Heaven) and if you're a fuckin' downer you'll just nightmare some rapey demon to fuck your shit up.

I believe it's experienced in a fraction of a second before the brain truly dies.

So be happy and don't be an asshole and you'll go to heaven and fuck hot bitches forever. In your dreams.

>if you're a fuckin' downer you'll just nightmare some rapey demon to fuck your shit up.
I'm fucking doomed.

Source?

I don't know but it can't be worse.

>In its last dying moments, your brain will let you experience eternity.
>Your atoms will return to the mix and your "self" to the "universal super conscious". But as a personal experience?
>Dreaming for eternity. If you're a happy, positive person, you'll have good dreams and memories to experience (ie. Heaven) and if you're a fuckin' downer you'll just nightmare some rapey demon to fuck your shit up.
>I believe it's experienced in a fraction of a second before the brain truly dies.
>So be happy and don't be an asshole and you'll go to heaven and fuck hot bitches forever. In your dreams.
Aren't dreams created in our subconsciousness, and don't we need physical brains for that. Dreaming forever sounds like a dream. Also eternal punishment and eternal bliss. You just cease to exist, and life goes on on earth, in my opinion. That's why we should make the best out of our time on earth. Eat, drink and fuck as much as you can

depends on your believes. I'm not religious, I have thought about the same though. I think there can be a perspective to time dimensions we can't understand yet.. or as I posted once before: if this is all just a simulation, then it probably just repeats it self, with out you knowing.

..or as others say here, it's probably just for nothing, so enjoy the ride while it lasts b/ro

Well, we want to justify things. We can't accept really bleak truths sometimes so we block them out completely usually. It manifests in PTSD. So maybe it's just a way to find comfort, telling yourself it's going to continue.

>In its last dying moments, your brain will let you experience eternity.
Eternity is a philosophical or mathematical construct, a semantic concept but has no meaningful real-world relation. There is not eternity anymore than there is something unending or infinity.

The last thing your you experience is your last firing neurons as you die. Firing at the same speed they have since you were born, or a little slower.

And then it is over.

Live life now. There is none of it later.

you become a meme

I found my own answer after a high dose of lsd.

You return to your true self with God and reflect on all your deeds and sins while on this earth reality. Then comes Love, More than you could every imagine. Look up NDE science.

Is it easy answers, and comfort? Or do you want to live like it counts? Save it all for the afterlife? It goes against what some people were raised to believe. It's really all your decision in the end.

see

First of all after 3 days your soul exits your body.

You will be led by angels through 24 gates. You will meet demons at each gate and every time a demon will say a bad thing, the angels will try to overcome it with a good thing. As you pass through gates it gets harder, because heavier sins will be revealed and the angels have to battle it with serious good things you did.

After you pass the 24 gates, if you pass all of them, you will get the chance to kneel before God and he will offer you eternal life in heaven.

If you don't get to pass through the 24 gates it means at one gate a demon took your soul and you will be joining the demons and Satan in heaven where you will burn forever and suffer.

>The thought of just nothing, it is unthinkable, literally not a conceivable thought
This is fucking retarded and only merits a response telling you how fucking retarded it is.

>If I can't wrap my head around infinities of different sizes, then they must not exist!

>There is none of it later.

perhaps, but are human beings so fucking amazing and special that we have determined the nature of reality? we must elevate the human to a high level if we assume that his word is the last word on existence. we must accept that a bunch of dead germans and a few nerds at MIT are THE ultimate authority on the questions of WHAT IS? and WHY IS IT?

I don't have that same faith in human thought, any more that I respect dolphins as an authority on swimming just because they are good at it, such is the paradox of the human mind, we think we are not special because science, but think we're so special that our thoughts can answer everything

>Watch this interview
youtu.be/L9Khi2mkZIs

your soul go to Sup Forums

So gods like the last boss?

What happens if I destroy God ?

nothing

Isn't it just easier to say they don't really get it because I said so, though? Listen to everything, decide for yourself.

Maybe after you die, your consciousness will reawaken inside a lion or bear or a dog, maybe even another human or some other species in another world or galaxy. Who knows what consciousness is and how it ever became a part of our human bodies.

>my thoughts are more valuable than their thoughts
This fuckin guy.

Holly shit storm b/ The Scientific evidence is there if you bother to actually look and not just spout ignorance. Right fucking hereWatch and learn something people!

Maybe we all become someone's first pet. Maybe we become inanimate objects. Maybe we all end up in an eternal taping of Kids in the Hall and that's our punishment for being here.

>Isn't it just easier to say they don't really get it because I said so

just because I don't appeal to their authority doesn't mean I appeal to my own, it means that they are using the same crude tools to describe the pit we're all in without ever standing outside of it, so they flatly assume that "there is no outside of the pit"

You join the stream of consciousness created from the energy of the Galaxy. I'm fascinated about what happens after death. I hopefully will not die in a painful way, but I am not afraid to die. It's almost beautiful if you ask me.

How do you know, what they assume? It's relativity.

NO!!!!!

The best thing to realize, is that we are just theorizing. Put down ego, and realize, most of us won't know until we get there, and be at peace.

You're really using Plato's Cave as some backwards proof that there must be something outside of life?

>If we've never been dead, how can we know what it's like?

That's either some really backwards reasoning or an opinion of non-opinion. Neither of which are valuable ITT.

>we must accept that a bunch of dead germans and a few nerds at MIT are THE ultimate authority on the questions of WHAT IS? and WHY IS IT?
wat?

Was my comment that difficult to grasp?

Live life now. After you have lived your life you have no more life. Then there is no more life. None of it. Exactly zilch.

Which germans are you speaking of? Which nerds at MIT?

The authority we have on this is our own experience, our own thoughts on it. Some of my experience is books and movies and discussions with other people, and none of that is anyone elses experience. It's all mine, and that's also everything I have.

But I believe in the physical world, and that my senses perceive as good as a description of it as they can, and that I filter my sensory input to relevant bits and pieces.
Thus, I believe that there are other people, thinking independent thoughts, and that there is a world in which I exist. My experience of this world is the experience in the previous paragraph.
There is logic here; inescapable logic. Stuff that makes infinity impossible, as well as eternity. If that existed then nothing would make sense anywhere for anything. So it doesn't.

What happened before you were born, OP?

It's cleaver placement of facts to support things that ask you to believe at the expense of proof. To not really know, but accept because it's easier and I said so. Or because somebody would end your existence for a particular belief set. It's the quick and easy defeats long and arduous but possibly starkly true.

because they publish ad nauseam and believe peer-review and YouTube pop-sci is the final word on existence, I prefer to observe and not to go too far down rabbit holes, especially those that hide behind maths that are a (seemingly) built-in part of the universe we are trying to objectively understand

Okay, but that's assumption as well. It's a question of believing it because it's in your frame of reference.

The crazy part is, I died, and was in a coma. I found my truths. And I don't lack faith. But objectivity still rules my day.

Next life. Reincarnation

Woke up with a feeding tube in my kidney, treach robe in my throat. But that's my journey. It changes a lot when you realize, you won't see it coming. That's a fact.

no, I'm saying it's easy to dismiss models of thought fired in the same oven as the thinkers, there's as much "truth" out there as there is, but to think we have access to it just because we're the best thinking animal is raising the human to deity standards

I was high once and found out that the multiverse is real. Life is a contuous loop in that multiverse. The answer is life IS, it will BE and its forever NOW. It is order and choas, life and death, good and bad, light and dark, yes and no, is and isn't, now and never. Whatever it is, will be.

BTW I'm high as fuck right now.

Life, the people around us, for good or for bad, is what we have. Make use of your time before you end up walking pissed off into something you can't walk out of.

Me too. Don't tell anyone.

Life is like a video game for the soul. When you play it, your are not allowed to truly know where you came from since that will ruin the experience and learning required by the game called life. Everyone was know by God before they agreed to play Life. Hence all things are possible within the game. i.e. I may choose to experience what it's like to be a mass murderer. and my victims chose to be victims of my mass murder. There is no evil per-say just learning events. You don't worry about playing a game and dying within this Reality, it's no different than that in the Higher realms. It all a Game folks.

Your actually getting some of it dead on. No worries.

You die

Thats the spirit champ

Oh shit, you sounded like cheech from cheech and chong films!

Good thread. Big ups OP.

The point of science isn't "find the truth on the first go." It's "create an understanding of why something happens based on what evidence we have available and update it if new evidence is provided." We're not assuming we know the absolute truth, we're assuming we have the best understanding of the data points we had.

After death, you ask? My friend, your body will return to the Earth as it rots. Eventually the atoms that make up your body will be recycled through the ecosystem and you will more likely than not end up as frog piss, used by upper-class shaman witch doctors to find the cure for cancer. Be glad that you are the next step in human evolution.

>Okay, but that's assumption as well.

yep, I am no authority on reality, just like everybody else

the difference is that I don't claim to be one like Sam Harris or Lawrence Krauss

I believe I can never know and neither can they, they can make guesses, but they are apes at the end of the day