Why aren't there Inuits in Iceland? If they are originally from Siberia and traveled through the Bering Strait, Alaska...

Why aren't there Inuits in Iceland? If they are originally from Siberia and traveled through the Bering Strait, Alaska, Northern Canada and ended up in Greenland, why stop there?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finn-men
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_people
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Magma trolls ate them.

Some icelanders look chinky. I'm pretty sure that there was some (little) aboriginal popultion, but they were pop out of existence as a way to way to legitimate your presence.

pic related isn't "pure and 100% inbreed norsk genes"

There probably were some, since Eskimos sometimes sailed to Britain.
They actually thought they were Finns for some reason.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finn-men

So you think the original Norse (and British) settlers might have just killed them all?

they would be recorded if that was the case

I don't know. Maybe there was a really small, I say, 40 people population. Not important enough to even care about. Some rapings, killings and all we have 5 years later is 3% DNA modification and no aboriginals.

I'm pretty sure science could prove this. There must exist some corpse from an old norse and an old icelandic to compare DNA with.
>a few norwegians isolated from the rest of the world arrives to an island

man they could've done anything and we wouldn't know

Yeah, that's the thing. Not everything was written down, and some things that were written might have been lost.

At the time those siberian tribes did all the migrations, there was a continuum from Greenland to Iceland due to the ice caps being notably lower. I seriously doubt that they stopped in the present-day territory of Greenland without going further just because lol I like this icy landscape.

All of the territories that existed in that ancient ice-mass have or had populations that are related to siberian tribes. Except Iceland?

I say, it's not impossible, but man, it wasn't all of a sudden, they have saw that when the ice went down periodically, there was a fucking island next to their face.

It seems like the eastern parts of greenland weren't densely populated enough for them to search new lands offshore and end up reaching iceland

They took about 600 years to populate greenland when they first arrived in the eastern parts of northwestern canada and that was a huge thing considering the harsh environment, scarce natural resources, weather not favourable to agriculture etc and that they had to hunt in order to survive

We also have to consider that greenland is considerably bigger than iceland, so reaching the shore would be a lot easier for them since they didn't have any sophisticated means of sailing at their disposal

Here's an article with some pictures making that point in a chronological scheme

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_people

If iceland were colonized during the same time the americas were colonized (800 years later) it's very likely that they would have reached the island and make some colonies over there

Exactly what I thought, it doesn't make sense to just stop at the frozen wasteland that Greenland is.

more likely norwegians brought some asimalated fins.

Finnic genes pleb.

I have a yakut ancestor born something around 900AD
not even joking

>implying

Damn she a qt
Who dis?

Bjork

Have you heard of the murder of Birna in your country?

bump for this

It's Björk, not Bjork, retard.

>for some reason