Sup Sup Forums

sup Sup Forums

I have this card lying next to me, pic related. It's a Galaxy GeForce GTX 260+ OC Video Card - 896MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0 x16,

it has 2 6-pin connectors but I'm not able to get it to work

is there a way to find out what kind of power this card requires?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/257591-33-power-supply
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I didn't take these pictures but it's literally the same card that I have

google it.

I did, couldn't find anything, and galaxy's official website seems to be down

No, manufacturers never post tech specs online, and there are no hobbyist communities for this sort of thing either.

You could try holding a strong magnet over it to see if you can activate it that way.

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/257591-33-power-supply

How exactly would a magnet help? It's a video card

dont do this op

You have to light it on fire.

Wasn't going to kek

its a shit card op

why did you buy a 260 OP? why waste your money

it's not mine, it's a friends and I gotta give it back anyway, I just wanted to test it out but cant get it to even detect, my motherboard just defaults to the integrated power supply

>integrated power supply
I meant integrated graphics

>says op has a shit card, posts a gigabyte
so much kek

try a 500w - 750w psu

>shit card
>gigabyte 960

mighty keks

oh the irony

Make a 6 pin adapter cable using these two parts. Connect the black to the black and the white to the yellow. If the card works, you should see a bright flash.

mine's 600 watts
I just checked, it only has 22A on the +12 volt rail (I'm assuming that's the 6 pin connector), is that enough?

Hey OP, most times the higher power is for the fans.
Try removing the heatsink so you're able to unplug the fan cable from the board. Then just put it back and plug it into the PCI slot.

Make sure your power supply has 2 6pin connectors and connect to the graphics card.

Try to identify if the slot on your motherboard is compatable.

Download the drivers for the card and reboot.

Make sure you have the video cable from your monitor to the card.

Ive never even herd of a 260. You can spend $50 and get a card x3 as powerful.

Anyways, good luck op.

If all else fails use a magnet to activate hard. Not sure about the 260 but has worked for me on a lot of older cards like 9600 and earlier.

>Make sure your power supply has 2 6pin connectors and connect to the graphics card.
It does, but as I said it's 22A, not sure that's enough
>Try to identify if the slot on your motherboard is compatable.
The card is PCI-E 2.0, my mobo has a 1.0 slot, I assumed it'll be backwards compatible
>Download the drivers for the card and reboot.
The card isn't even detected during bootup, it just falls back to the integrated graphics
>Make sure you have the video cable from your monitor to the card.
I don't have that exact cable, I'm just using mine which I know works fine
>Ive never even herd of a 260. You can spend $50 and get a card x3 as powerful.
I didn't buy this, it's my friend's old card, just wanna see if it works
>Anyways, good luck op.
Thanks
>If all else fails use a magnet to activate hard. Not sure about the 260 but has worked for me on a lot of older cards like 9600 and earlier.
Ok seriously is the magnet thing a troll? I know you can demagnatize a hard drive, but what effect would it have on a video card?

bump

thanks for the bump user

Honestly dude Im assuming you dont have x2 6pin connectors on your power supply. You are probably not sending enough power to the card.

Do the fans kick on or anything when you boot up?

Can you take a pic of the inside of the computer & the pins on the graphics card?

Seems like a waste of time tho. Cant even play mario 64 with this card.

Have you tried this OP?

>Honestly dude Im assuming you dont have x2 6pin connectors on your power supply. You are probably not sending enough power to the card.
I really do. 2x6-pin, and each of them have the extra bracket to convert them into an 8-pin
>Do the fans kick on or anything when you boot up?
Yep, all 3 fans startup at full speed and stay there
>Can you take a pic of the inside of the computer & the pins on the graphics card?
I can if you really want it, it's dark here though. What did you need to check?
>Seems like a waste of time tho. Cant even play mario 64 with this card.
Well as long as I can play mario 32 kek

Yeah, no

I made It. And works.

oh my god i tried it and worked!!!

stop samefagging please, it's embarassing

If the fans are kicking on then it should be getting good power.

Seems like your motherboard isnt seeing the card if it deafults to intergrated graphics. Is the motherboard/computer your putting the card in pretty old?

Also, im sure you already know, but make sure your video cable is going from your monitor/tv to the video output on the graphics card.

Do not go to the video output from the motherboard (typically a standard blue vga)

Also, to see if your pc is seeing the graphics card, you can:

1. Windows key + r to bring up run (or search run)
2. Type "dxdiag" in search box
3. Say no to popup. Click display. See if it sees your card.

And again, if all else fails, activate it with the magnet that came with the card.

bump

>Is the motherboard/computer your putting the card in pretty old?
well sorta, it's a core i7 from about 2011 I think, but I assume the card's old too

>Also, im sure you already know, but make sure your video cable is going from your monitor/tv to the video output on the graphics card.
>Do not go to the video output from the motherboard (typically a standard blue vga)
Yup, that's where it's plugged in. It doesnt show any display though, so I unplug it and plug it into the motherboard's VGA port and the display appears
>Also, to see if your pc is seeing the graphics card, you can:
Tried that, it just shows the integrated graphics
>And again, if all else fails, activate it with the magnet that came with the card.
Can you tell me how exactly is a magnet gonna help in this situation before I do it?