Any other antisocial college freshmen on Sup Forums? Ive been here one week, starting classes tomorrow. No friends...

Any other antisocial college freshmen on Sup Forums? Ive been here one week, starting classes tomorrow. No friends. General college loneliness/feels thread. Other anons can give advice

Starting classes tomorrow as well; the first two weeks or so is the time you can get away with walking up to random people and saying hello, you should get out there and start now

You're not there to get friends, you're there to get an education

But where do you go from there? Usually, people don't have the same interests so it's hard to actually click with people.

I'm actually in my last semester of college, and let me tell you and other freshmen something OP:
>it will only get 'better' when you start to say, "fuck everyone else" and focus on your studies.

Others might tell you to make friends because they 'might be useful' later on, but trust me: the majority of college students are just as clueless as you, not to mention self-centered and full of shit. Make connections only with people who you KNOW will be of use to you; you'll find these types of people in clubs, at internships, and the professors themselves. As for your roommates, don't make enemies with them; they'll likely be dirty as fuck, but just tolerate it and, if you can, get your own personal fridge so you won't have to share the dorm fridge with the others.

College is an expensive crap-shoot. But, depending on what you do now, it can be either the best decision you ever made, or your biggest blunder.

OP here.

does joining clubs help? find ppl with similar interests? also what about finding girls to fuck? I can really only fuck chubby girls or emo girls because of my looks, but they are nowhere to be found. Tinder maybe?

Alright so clubs are a good avenue for friends. thanks man.

My roommate is a super benign neat freak, i dont see us clashing over much.

solid advice

College women are the worst, especially these days. They'll use their newfound lack of parental supervision in the worst possible ways, and then blame you and every other man for their fuck-ups. The last thing you need at this point is a false rape allegation from some spoiled brat.

Tinder's no good either, since it was created for the sole purpose of boosting women's egos.

this

Just be careful; I've had almost nothing but dirty, loud, disgusting roommates...the kind who spit in the sink and don't rinse, or even leave dishes out for DAYS on end, even with food and mold on them.

And this should be a given, but no one told me when I started college (mainly because I started overseas and had a good for nothing 'adviser'): major in something STEM-related. Computer Science is a good thing, as would be something like IT or Physics. If you can, double-major STEM fields, and you'll never have to worry about being poor when you graduate (unless you major in Psychology). It'll be tough, but it'll be worth it.

I just wish I had been smart/informed enough to have done so.

True, i hate chicks with mindsets like that. the girls on my floor dont seem crazy, but all the dudes on this floor are handsome jocks and they will go for one of them over me 10 times out of 10.

is there really any foolproof way to go about casual, no dramatic cuntery hookups?

Going to the bathroom, hopefully thread won't 404 while I'm out.

Rush a frat or make something of yourself.

-Fucking listen.

Im starting freshman year in 2 weeks. Any advice?

Yeah i know STEM is the way to go but i suck at all that shit. Im going to try some coding next semester hopefully, but rn im undeclared. Im really only good at english/writing which fucking sucks because ill never get a job off that. Im probs either going to end up going into journalism or teaching, even though i know STEM has the only bankable majors there are. Good advice but i am destined to go into something shitty like teaching.

You seem like a really unfun person to be around holy fuck.

it's all luck kid, and chances are you're as SOL as the rest of the sorry Sup Forumsastards on this server

I wouldn't say I was anti-social when I was in the same boat as you are now OP, but I certainly had a great deal of doubt and anxiety about being away from home and leaving my first real GF behind.

That was 19 years ago though. I hate to sound clichéd, but it honestly feels like yesterday. I really, really fucking miss those days... And believe it or not, someday you will too.

If I could only impart one piece of advice it would be this: Enjoy every fucking moment of this time. Take a minute or two each day and remind yourself of it. Seriously... Soak it in and enjoy your youth, even if it sucks at times.

Someday OP... 20 or so years in the future, remember this advice and this very moment... And then tell someone who's asking the same questions you are now to take a minute and do the same.

I just started my third week of freshman year. I'd say talk to one Pearson that you don't know at all that inst the type of Pearson that you usily talk to. It helped me on the first day and now I have a Pearson that i feel comfortable enough to talk to.
Working okay so far!

Listen dude here's my advice if you want to have friends. Go to clubs that share your interests even if they are cringe-worthy I went to board game video game and anime clubs and made friends that I didn't have to go to the club anymore and I could pick and choose who I want to hang out with.

If you aren't the best looking dude like you seem to be from your own description just don't worry about girls just don't do stuff that you like to do and get out there if there's a local game shop go there if there are clubs on campus go there seriously the more you ignore girls and the less you try the better luck you'll have. Guys like you and me can't compete in the bar scene or the dorm pick up scene we just have to go do what we want and there will be girls that like you for it shit I met girls when I played Warhammer fantasy. You'll never be pick up good so why even bother just do what you like to do and it will happen

OP here. just broke up with my gf of 2.5 yrs a month or so ago. Im probs feeling all the same shit as you were; i never considered myself overly antisocial until i came here. I always had friends but i came from a small town. This is the first time since kindergarten ive been a complete stranger to everyone around me.

Ill be sure to soak up the youth feels my old ass nigga

Solid advice

thanks user

Whatever you do, make sure you do the best you can at it, and BECOME the best at it. Be in constant competition with yourself, and always be respectful toward the professors. They'll be indispensable for letters of recommendation.

I'm here to get the degrees and make the right connections. Screw parties and such.

Join the Sup Forumseta clubs. AV, Magic the Gathering, whatever the fuck your interest is. There should be a club that you can go to for making friends.
That's how I did it.

>tfw I got kicked out of my school's Anime Club because they were all elitist faggots

I appreciate the support instead of the usual "you only do english? congrats on being fucked"

im gonna go hard

One other thing:

I never even ended up sticking it out for more than a year and a half. I ended up joining a fraternity and drinking my balls off and promptly flunked out of school... I don't regret this.

I moved back home and became a police because I couldn't stand sitting in a classroom and I always hated bullies. The post secondary educational requirements were minimal for this line of work and that's really the only reason I ventured down this path.

I wouldn't recommend my career path because the work is now far too risky professionally, but I still think everything from now up until the age of 28 or 29 needs to be savored and enjoyed to the Nth degree.

Major-shaming is an unfortunate part of the college experience nowadays, but it's there. Don't let it bother you. If anything, you *should* double-major English with something like Linguistics or Journalism. With Linguistics in particular, you could get a TEFL certification and teach English in places like Japan, China, Thailand, and so on.

I drink but since im such an antisocial faggot of late i havent been invited anywhere, and im definitely not joining a frat. I'll be drinking sparsely and smartly

I was considering double majoring in something like that. Im still jut doing gen eds rn so im not overly concerned with a specific major yet but thats great food for thought

Good luck. I just wish I could go back to Day 1 of my freshman year, even if it was in another country.

Thanks user. All great advice, particularly not worrying about major shaming. Helps a lot

Looks like this thread is teetering on being dead soon, but thanks for all the advice anons.

I def feel a lot better about my situation knowing that other people are in thr exact same place as me and also knowing that theres ways to improve from here.

Sup Forums made a dumb 18 yo faggot feel a lot better and im sure it helped other 18 yo faggots reading this feel better too

thanks

fag