I leave for inpatient therapy in Florida for a month tomorrow

I leave for inpatient therapy in Florida for a month tomorrow.
10 year benzo fag here.

Has anyone been to rehab?
How the fuck am I suppose to get off 4mg a day benzo habit in a month?? I think they said detox is only like 4 days?

How bad is this gonna be? All stories welcome. Help a Sup Forumsro out.

Other urls found in this thread:

riveroakstreatment.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is going to suck, but with any luck you will be too out of it and sick to notice.

>too out of it

because I'm withdrawing so bad?

Yeah exactly

rehab for 4 mg?? what?? lol

thats a thearpeautic dose

In all seriousness, it depends on the benzo. Personally, I detoxed from Ativan after about 5 years of daily use and it felt like everything was really annoying and like I had the flu. I was fine in like 3 days.

Any experience with this? I know this is Sup Forums but don't fuck with me right now

2mgs of klonopin and 2mgs of xanax everyday. The xanax i get from the street.

People get stuck down here. There's a human trafficking network of people encouraging relapses in order to get kickbacks from facilities for sending people there. Don't doctor south florida shuffle, shits not fun. On the plus side you just missed summer, that was brutal

I would be really surprised if you noticed much withdrawal at all, other than being short with people. I detoxed (not in rehab) accidentally off daily max doses of morphine. Holy shit, that sucked. Even sleep is not a reprieve when all you have are nightmares ....

That's not a high dose at all.....

please expand on this.

which one are you going to? I was at 1st Step a while ago.

4mg really isnt too bad. i wouldnt consider it an addiction, but i was popping 6-10 .5mg klonopins every night to chill for like 2-3 weeks, then realized it was getting excessive and quit cold turkey without throwing away/hiding the bottle i had that had a few hundred in it at the time.

I'm also an alcoholic, thats the main reason I'm there. What scares me is the benzo withdrawl. I drink a lot but not often.

same fag...
I volunteered too. I'm not in any legal trouble

Im on a low dose for 10 years. I stopped for a month or 2. Aches and pains are shitty for 15 days then start to go away. Im sure the higher the dosage higher the wd. I went back on em because of new job. Good luck. And i didnt use rehab to stop i used cardio and weights. Only xannies is what i was on. Good luck.

Get the fuck outta here. You don't know shit about addiction. Whose idea was it for you to go to rehab?

you shouldnt struggle too much. tbh i wouldnt worry about it. find distractions, get through a few days, and its mostly better

I'm coming up on 5 years sober and have been to rehab. Here are my thoughts:

1. They probably won't make you detox without medication, as coming off of benzos cold turkey can kill you. (Although I'm not sure how much you are taking per day, so you may not fall into that category. I was coming off of alcohol and had to be detoxed for 5 days in the hospital on an ativan iv drip.

2. My rehab was pretty cool. It was a working farm, where the residents did all the cooking, cleaning, and chores. We also had a ton of groups during the day, and then went to AA meetings at night. I was there for 4 months. I'm not sure what kind of place you're going to, but it'll probably be fine.

3. If you really want to be sober, you should continue to go to AA meetings, get a sponsor, and work the steps once you get out of there. Very few people stay sober after a quick 30 day rehab if they don't continue to put in work towards your recover.

5. You may want to move into a sober living house once you get out of inpatient. You'll have a much better chance of staying sober. After I got out of rehab, I moved into sober living for 2.5 years.

6. Getting and staying sober is a long process and often sucks. Just stick with it.

Mine. I went because things are getting worse.

I went from less than a mg a day to 4 a day and getting them off the street. I'm not gonna wait until I hit rock bottom to do something about it.

should've thought about that one ahead of time.

Ahhh rehab. That shit was like a vacation. If you go to a good one they give you some kick ass meds. I was on subutex, phenobarbital, muscle relaxers, and sleeping meds for 2 weeks. They still give u sleeping meds after that. I was in detox for 8 days.
Just don't be a bitch, and find a place that lets you smoke. This is a must.

It is just booze and benzos. Quit that shit cold turkey on your next 3 day weekend. Stay in bed and drink plenty of water. You will be fine. Thousands on rehab for something you can do at home....

Addiction is a two-headed beast: physical and psychological.

Breaking the physical addiction is the easy. You break a physical addiction to most stuff in less than a week. However, what keeps addicts and alcoholics coming back - even after they've broken the physical addiction - is the psychological addiction. The constant cravings, the obsession to use or drink. It can take years to get over this. That is why relapse rates are so high.

What was your drug of choice, and how much?

I can smoke there and this makes me feel better

I've tried countless times on my own. Doesn't work.

Second. Also like the flu for me, about 4-5 days. And OP, since you're not doing anything anyways, it'll be a cakewalk.

>What was your drug of choice, and how much?

Alcohol. I drank everyday for about 7 years. Towards the end, I was drinking about 1/2 gallon of whiskey per day. If I tried to stop drinking, I would begin shaking violently, vomiting yellow bile, and hallucinating. That's why I had to be detoxed in the hospital - because they were worried that I was going to have a seizure and die.

Going to rehab, getting sober and becoming involved in the recovery community is one of the best things I've ever done.

Don't take this shitty advice

How in the god fuck have you done benzos for 10 years and only have a "4mg"/day habit? 4mg of xanax isn't even an addiction. Fucking shit nigger, for about 2 years I did 6-12mg xanax daily, or if I couldn't get bars I'd do 35-50mg valium or around 20mg kpins. Normally xanax but I'd but any of the 3, and I fucking quit that shit really easily. Just substituted it with gabapentin/pregabalin for about a month and a lot of weed. First day off wasn't bad, second was hard as fuck, third was a little better but still rough, fourth was cake. The neurontin helped tremendously, as well as weed, then I kicked that stuff like it was nothing. But good luck anyways bruh, benzos are a bitch even though you have a baby habit it's still difficult.

That's why you stop trying. Be a man. Put on your power song on full blast, grab your balls and pour every bit of your stash down the toilet. Flush until it is all gone. Give your wallet to a friend with instructions not to return it for 5 days. Keep only enough cash for takeout, cause you sure as shit won't want to cook. The start Netflix binging. I recommend Daredevil to start.

>6-12mgs of xanax or 20 kpins

bullshit. I'm not saying thats not doable, but its hardly equal. kpins and xanax are basically the same thing. I could do 10 xanax but double that to 20 kpins is crazy.

Get your benzo doses right nig before you bull shit me

I've quit before but I always go back. And I have a full time job. Software engineering actually. High school starts tomorrow faggot. Get to bed

Lol dude you must be a fucking little bitch if you think that's a big deal. 6 bars throughout the entire day is not hard to do at all, neither is 10 kpins. Literally that was easy and the only reason i would only do that much a day was because money.

On fridays/saturdays I would sometimes do 10 bars in a day and do 30/dope/suboxone on top of it lol. I'm not trying to sound like that was cool either, I used to be a serious was a drug addict.

Also
> kpins and xanax are basically the same thing
Not even remotely true lol.

As a hardcore drugfag who's been addicted to heroin, crack, meth and everything in between...

Xanax was the worst withdrawals I've ever had by a mile.

Coming off of heroin makes you physically sick and moody, but quitting Xanax after taking 8+mgs a day for 3 months fucked with my head baddd. Crippling anxiety and paranoia 10x worse than I've ever had for WEEKS and just feeling generally.. not there. It was like being awake in a nightmare. Benzos are bad shit man.

Have fun OP.

It's going to suck

I mix them both every day and go to work. And I'm not flipping burgers either.

Give me the pepsi challenge on that shit, and would not be able to tell the difference

does busparone get you high

Kpins never gave me the 'blackout' feeling of xanax until I did 7+ of them, whereas with bars I could get the blackout feeling within 2 or 3.

depends on your definition of high, it doesnt do much, its not great, but it can add a strange twist to shit you're already on, and it definately isnt "sober"

Ok, so you come down here to get clean. Then the rehab gets you to move into a halfway house, most don't plan on doing this, but they convince your family ita best and you it's best. Once there if you relapse you end up on the streets or back in detox, to start the cycle again. They have marketers that get you high and pay you to go back because they get kickbacks, the rehab get kickbacks from halfway houses. Haitian drug dealers will pester you and offer free shit to get you back on drugs because theres so many people down here for drugs. It's It's vicious cycle. Finally you go to a flop house until they eat up your insurance benefits and you and up either homeless or paying 800 a month to live in a halfway

Ok Sup Forumsros for real.

I'm leaving for the airport tomorrow at 9am (taking a taxi) and I have everything packed and ready to go. I'll get to the facility at 5pm

I have tons of xanax (like over 200 bars from dark net)

WHAT DO??

Take 2 kpins and have a few drinks

give them to a trustworthy nondruggie friend, and tell them "if you give a shit about me, no matter what i say or do, dont give me more than one of these a day, or 3 in a week, after i get back."

And only feel the alcohol? Kek. I don't think you understand the term drug addict, fella.

Sell some to me.

Fix your pathetic life, OP.

Also; 4mg isn't much at all. Hope you kick your "addiction", OP.

if you have tolarance to benzos, that will be the same as having a few drinks

Flush it or sell it or give it away. $2000 isn't worth you relapsing. Shit rehab is like 1.4k a day.

NA fag here. Recovery is fucking hard. Could write for days about it.

My 2 cents. Act like your life depends on it. Avoid the shit heads and nymphos and tough guys and cool kids. They will just fuck with your recovery or get you kicked out.

It's ok if you hate NA. Everyone does. But it might be something that you later gain strength from. And at least it gives you a community of other addicts who understand your shit.

Good luck man. Is be lying if i said it was easy. Kicking is easy. Staying clean is fucking hard.

This is all bullshit, 100% of addicts "who just can't keep clean" have pre-existing psychological or psychiatric issues they escape into drugs.

But the "drugs cause addiction" narrative is a very lucrative tool for the pharmaceutical industry

If you really want to get off drugs (granted this isn't some court-ordered shit).....

Let that detox burn in real good; remember how this shit made you feel when you went without... Do you really want to go through that again??

That's how I got away from opiates; I never want to feel opiate withdrawal ever again...

save them idiot, put them up

>alcoholic
>i drink alot but not often
Choose one faggot and learn what it means to be an addict

This guy is right. If you want to stop using drugs, you have to stop fearing withdrawal.

That's what I fear most is detox...

I detoxed from H after a 3 day binge and that was enough for me. Benzos are so much worse.

It scares the fuck out of me

Let me give you some perspective on my former drug habit, one day that sticks out in my mind as being dangerously high I took: 12mg xanax, 750mg pregabalin, 30mg oxy, and 40mg morphine all at once, some orally some intranasal. Then went and smoked a few bowls of weed. So, 4mg clonazepam would be literally nothing lol.

I black out twice a week

As a nursefag, I've seen plenty of people going through withdrawals and detox. In addition to the nausea and vomiting, just think of the opposite of what benzos do to you. High anxiety/aggitation, tremors/seizures, and rapid heart rate

Op are you going to circles of care? If so your gonna hate it man.

I'm going to River Oaks

riveroakstreatment.com

Not exactly; you have to man the fuck up and face the detox head-on, the straighter the better (fewer helper substances like methodone or a highly reduced dose, if possible), and let every agonizing second etch itself into your memory forever....

FEAR withdrawal, because when you use again, withdrawal will be waiting for you right around the corner... And feeding the monkey doesn't make that corner go away, it just makes you take two steps backward for a while... Withdrawal is ALWAYS there, until you get clean... Remember the suck, remember the bad, remember the agony.... Don't let it fuck you again...

nymphos?

well, long story short, I ben serusly valium addicted before, first I got it from my doctor, then I kind off got hooked. then I confested my abused too the doctor and said stop giveing me those, then I started buy the blue once(one the street), I was on that on a while, adn I culd clam down so I could walk outside my home, tehn I realiced I was addicted too this, and the next thing was gonna be Heroin(self mediceted) but after that I was on a dose of 500mg serquel(from the doctor and psyciatric edvice) so I was knocked out all day, that maked my quit, kind off, try too think to yourself that "whats the next stop" and if your friends are doing it tell them rigth away too stop pushing it on you(if that is the case) now im glad im off that stuff, but it was a great way to get rid of stress, it allso helped against paranoia but is a thing you need to learn liveing with, now im gonna plan in the future too get off all kind of meds, so I can get some energy again, but im worried about the sleeping with out serquel, that was the same thing with the valium! at last I hope you get off that toxic and get your streagth up for the rehab if you fell that is nesecery, Good luck and take care

Sorry about my english, I had to learn it all my by me self

I went to a detox in Fort Lauderdale then to a rehab called beach side or some shit in del rey. then to a sober kiving place in ft lauderdale called liberty house then a bunch of others.

Been taking xanax 1-2 mgs at night. Prescribed by doctor, for 12 years. No tolerance building. No, I don't always take the 2mg, or "borrow" from the next day dose. Point being, not everyone develops a tolerance and/or becomes addicted. As far as the downsides healthwise compared to alcohol, benzos are "safer" on liver, heart, pancreas.
If I choose to take them forever, so what. Diagnosed with mdd, gad, ocd. If I want to stop, I will go through the steps to do so. I don't drink in addition to. Benzos are much "cleaner" than alcohol. Good luck to those stopping. It should not be done "cold turkey".
Especially higher doses, for a longer duration. They really are only meant to be used short term. 2-3 weeks. For some, meds like Buspar just don't work.

To be honest I would buy some kratom online, it is legal and it will help ease the symptoms of withdraw.