Anyone like KMFDM? If not, this is a general favorite music thread

Anyone like KMFDM? If not, this is a general favorite music thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_XIpi7Agrc
youtube.com/watch?v=ziSQZZ_X_Wo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My personal favorite song from this album (Symbols) is a nice one called "Down And Out"

Oh man, i still remember seeing Drug Against War when i was a small child on Beavis and Butthead. Along with stuff like The Crow soundtrack and my cousins, who were teenagers, shoving Marilyn Manson down my proverbial ears, informed my taste in music later in life.

Who's behind closed doors?

KMFDM is great and Symbols is their best album imo. you're a good man, OP.

I saw them live in Atlanta back in the day and met them after the show. They're all nice as hell.

I think they're ok.

Yet another industrial band that no one would know about had they not moved to Chicago and were nurtured under the talent at Wax Trax.

They lost all their creative talent when they left Chicago's industrial scene.

Little known fact: Much of there most successful stuff was not even written by them and all the mixing was outsourced too.

"KMFDM SUCKS" - MDFMK

i liked KFMF more, but thats a demogroup .)

Oh wow a band that doesn't mix their own records?! That's really fucking weird huh. What a bunch of sellouts.

actually he's right and btw while it is now very common, it was almost unheard of back then for industrial groups
you've got to remember they are mostly production
it was simply hard to find a good mixer because nobody with any talent was doing it except for those at the big labels
all analog
nothing was digital back then
nowadays everyone mixes because the software allows any moron to do it with almost no comparative work

you don't know much about music at all do you?

KMFDM! 1st album i heard was fuckin sick, it was What Do You Know, Deutschland?
youtube.com/watch?v=u_XIpi7Agrc
youtube.com/watch?v=ziSQZZ_X_Wo

My fav would be Nihil.

Lol. You're retarded, kid.
Go read a book.
Nobody mixed 30 years ago except studios that could afford the samplers. It was only in the late 90s that that changed and idiots could now buy a digital sampler for cheap. Then you got morons who couldn't even play an instrument pushing buttons in their bedrooms and now even bigger morons call them "producers".
Lol
You're retarded.

Dis ams why NIN and Trent still are respectable in my eyes. That guy can make the bleep bloops like no other.

Disagree. As would nearly all KMFDM disciples.
Most consider Duetschland their second worst effort. The sales from it would prove it was their actual worst. Reviews were that it was an immature effort and that the guitar work was bland. Konietzko ranks it his worst btw.

KMFD didn't really sound like KMFDM until UAIOE and they had everything revamped, restyled, and mixed with heavy and furious guitar work. They steadily grew with each album and peaked at Nihil before they started falling fast and by the time they did Symbols, the material sucked and they fell apart both as a group and creatively.

Trent was a mad genius back then. He's still half there but not as creative. His hand was on much back then but he was so doped out most of the time.

now, he's all sober, a family man, and way too fucking normie to make another Fragile or Downward Spiral

Yeah I bought the album, didn't like much except those two. It was my first industrial experience from seeing a video on mtv with the drummers, that art pretty much hooked me in to buying it

and i was like 14 years old, didnt know what the name of the song was to the video so , just grabbed an album

I'm was a guest artist on two albums from this decade, kmfdm forever sucks, Sasha kicks ass and I credited my studio to a Doom map on wtf?