>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Online Jam Group:
>discord.gg/WyG9MTS

old thread

eight string guitars covered in large anime stickers

What is that thing?

how many frets are on a typical Strat?

24, duh

Anyone know of any affordable luthiers in the US that could build me an L5s copy?

>a typical strat has 24 frets

>BC Rich

Aren't they worth a fair bit? Sell it and buy a model you actually like.

what hell have I wrought with a child's guitar? Also, checked.

>Scale length affects playability though.

Playability like "changes notes and learning" or "uncomfortable fingers"? I can deal with the latter and get another one if I get serious, that's fine.

some batshit crazy guitar by Peter Malinoski.

24. I thought most people knew that??

it fucks the intonation over so the higher frets will be sharper or flatter than the bottom frets. Buy a real guitar, they make these things shitty because kids won't stick with it anyways you sperg.

he obviously didn't know the answer if he asked, jerks

>Squire ***MINI***
>wtf have I bought a child's guitar?

hahahahaha holy shit, is this a joke?

w-why is it fluffy?

This is the ideal guitar body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

i think i'm just going to go through advancing guitarist with strings 4,5, and 6 for now. the tasks are so time consuming. then i'll go back and do it again with all the strings

maximum comfort

>he doesn't know

get out

how am i supposed to use this in classical position?

I disagree.

>tfw newfag who didn't bother with low E because my fingers weren't strong enough to barre

stopped doing that way too late

>classical position
do you even know how many frets a typical strat has?

24 right?

Nah, it was the last thread. It was a gift when I was a literal child, I'm just going to stop being an idiot and try and learn to play it now.

Oh, well that's some shit. Good enough to practice basics on? I know literally nothing. I know the existence of notes, tuning, and chords, but don't know a single damn one of those. Good enough to start on or just fuck it and use my spergy BC Rich thing?

Don't know. I can't imagine so. It's a Warlock from the "Bronze" line and I got it from a friend, so I can't imagine it's some sought-after model.

heh
your learning, kid....

her legs aren't spread. Not classical enough

>spreading your legs

Fucking harlot.

Is this the typical strat thread?

>tfw no dark red oily haired, pale, guitar playing gf

I learned on a $40 nylon string, all that matters is you start practicing

this is my fetish

bro, i have 22 frets on my guitar and its a lot longer than yours... i'm pretty sure you're going to learn bad habits playing that thing

That's about as typically typical as they come user. Good buy! Or should I say... TYPICAL buy! Ha!

a-are you ok now??

When you talked about a dominant seventh chord and the blues did you mean something like this?

X
X
X

That's the only thing I could think of. Also, I have been thinking about these odd chords for a while now, they're from a song I used to play. Any idea what these are?

X
X

X
X

Looks like a mop

yes my hands are stronk now

It's not about the number of frets, the spacing on that is designed for the hand of a little kid.

>coming to Sup Forums for musical theory lessons

why is dave conservatoire not in the OP?

>Ana Vidovic

Superb taste mein freund

not hum but I've learned more from Sup Forums than I have anywhere else

>bro, i have 22 frets on my guitar

How atypical. Goodluck with that buddy

Not really, I was just curious and the guy I was talking to seems to know what he's talking about so :p

What's the most meme amp I could get to plug my Mustang into? A Mustang II?

>everyone ignores the chord finder in the op

a Gibson amp

oh shit

>not having a chord encyclopedia

Whats a good guitar method book for someone starting out on guitar? I'm considering either hal leonard guitar method or modern guitar method right now. Which is better?

Don't use a book senpai.

where can i buy one?

>Go into literally any guitar store
>All of the guitars have a shit setup with year old strings, out of tune, and generally unplayable action

Why do they do this?

because you're a faggot

go back to Sup Forums

What should I use then? Also, what amp would you recomend for a beginner?

My only store closed a couple of years ago but it was really well kept. Owner was a vintage collector/seller but had normal stock too, basically just a fanatic who loved his job. Fucking sucks that he didn't get enough business.

Get a teacher. Fender mustangs are nice. Also THR10

From their website or a guitar shop.

Do you want them to change strings every day or something?

why? you'd still be a faggot

I just moved to a new a city and the guitar shops here are so mediocre compared to the place I just was. Action Music, right outside of DC, is heaven. It was that type of store, too. Mostly vintage, boutique stuff.

Tunings throughout the day when it's slow and monthly string changing is what my favorite store does.

Maybe learn what the notes on your fretboard are called. Basically you only need to know the chromatic scale (how to count up or down in half steps) and the notes you produce with your open strings (EAdgbe').
xxx333 is three notes.
> 3rd fret on g string
Start at g, count up three steps chromatically:
g#, a, bb
> 3rd fret on b string
Start at b, count up three steps chromatically:
c, c#, d
> 3rd fret on e string
Start at e, count up three steps chromatically:
f, f#, g
So the three notes you played are bb, d and g. With some knowledge of the major and minor triads, you'll know that that's simply g minor (2nd inversion).

Dominant 7th looks like this:
We'll choose a key, for example G. The G major scale is
g a b c d e f#
For the triad (the notes that make up the G major chord) simply take the 1st, 3rd and 5th note:
g-b-d
That's G major (short: G)
Now add the minor seventh on top. The seventh in the G major scale is f#, but that's the major seventh (it's 11 semitones above the root, g). The minor seventh is one semitone lower, which is f. Add that to the major chord:
g-b-d-f
That's G7. In the pic I marked those notes on the fretboard up to the 12th fret. Choose a fingering that includes at least one note of each color. Favorites are:
3x0001
3x0031
xx5767
xx0001
x x 12 12 12 13 (same as previous, but one octave higher)
x 10 9 10 8 x
And so on. Some of these don't include the d (blue). You could also omit the g (red) instead.

Those two chords are indeed strange. Those do not fit into any of the categories I talked about earlier, or at least I'm not seeing it.

The other guy took the words out of my mouth. Thr series is good, Fender Mustang is good stuff too I have both. I learned a lot using rocksmith but if I were you I'd just use youtube, justinguitar/Marty schwarz w/e. Welcome to the club senpai.

I don't see the big deal about them being out of tune. It takes all of 15 seconds to tune a guitar, plus you get to see how tuning it feels.

That second chord could be a an F7#9#5, which is an altered dominant chord. Third chord is an F#maj9

Isn't it just greatest thing when you're gonna buy a bass/guitar from someone on those yard sale type apps, and you talk them for like a months trying to arrange a date to meet up and then they just sale it out of nowhere? Love it!

Because I don't always carry a tuner on me and I don't like wasting my time tuning the guitar by ear?

Cheers. Truth be told, I never bothered to learn more than major, minor, 7, m7, maj7, sus2, sus4, 9, add9, dim, aug and 6* by their names. For all other chords I just memorize the shape of the fingering that I need to use and that's about it.

* I might know some others but I can't think of them right now

Calm down nigger I know my notes. I was just asking what you meant by dominant seventh chord because I used to play da blooze and wanted to know more.

>wasting my time tuning the guitar by ear

practice then, if a guitar is only slightly out it should take zero effort to tune it

I already told you it's a major chord + minor seventh in the last thread but since you didn't get that and posted a simple minor chord instead I figured you needed a brush-up. No offense.

> X X 7 8 9 9
Amaj7b5

> X 9 8 10 9 X
F#maj9

Yeah, let me just take this guitar in a half assed open Csus2 tuning and get it back into E standard. It takes a minute or two without a tuner and that's not worth my time when I'm just looking around

It doesn't take much time to learn chord construction and I highly recommend investing time in getting good at it. It's probably what took me to the next "level" with regards to playing.

Amaj7b5 sounds more correct than my F7#9#5

>le no one on 4chun knos anything meme

epic

go to a better store then

just saying practice won't hurt, plus a valuable skill. look at some rop classical players who can drop multiple steps on multiple strings near instantly

>tfw trying to learn all the triads

When you go to a guitar store, just bring your tuner. Or ask if you can borrow one while you're in the shop. Or tune by ear, who gives a shit if the whole guitar is a little bit flat or sharp if you're just playing by yourself for a few seconds to try out the guitar.

I think I'll do that once I'm done with scales. Right now I'm trying to get precision and speed into chromatic scales, and diatonic ones where the string changes are off the beat.

It's not hard to memorize one single note in perfect pitch then tune the rest out from there. It's an all-around useful skill for a musician.

I can play by ear, that's not the problem, bud. Just, if I'm between classes and I wanna drop by the guitar store real quick to see what new stuff they have, I don't want to spend much time, if any tuning the guitar.

Gotcha. Guitar is more fun when the technical parts don't get in the way, imo. Keep working at it.

What's the difference between the fender champion and the fender mustang? I already have an audio interface for my computer if that makes a difference?

>regurgitating info that can be found in any basic theory book
>knowing something
good to know, thanks

yeah that's exactly what i'm implying you idiot

>for a few seconds

Ah, I see, I must have overlooked it. My apologies.

desu, if you already have an interface, just get Bias or Amplitube. It's cheaper than an amp. Unless you're playing live, I don't see the point for a small practice amp

isn't that all know things is?

Wait, people actually look at the OP links? I thought they were just there for decoration since a big, beefy OP is more aesthetic

Will it sound the same? What wattage should I get if I decide to go with an amp?

>regurgitating the most basic info found in beginners books is knowing something now
check it out: 2 + 2 = 4 and E = mc 2
how blown are your tiny little minds right now

>check it out: 2 + 2 = 4
great! now you know how to solve that equation!

it's like you're actually retarded

If you're playing through some decent headphones or speakers, pretty much.

If you need an amp, for SS amps it doesn't really matter for wattage. It sounds the same at any volume

>this asspain
lmao

I just looked up amplitube and it costs more than an actual amp does. I already have a mic hooked up to the audio interface that I can use to record.

what really funny is you two have already admitted you don't know shit about basic beginners theory (otherwise you wouldn't have been able to learn anything here) and you got upset when I pointed it out