Why is Cowboy Bebop so good?

Why is Cowboy Bebop so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=btmSuNcxiIU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=x12JObsN41E
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5KjOhUiTBaY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they're pandering to the lowest common denominator of English fans.

True. It was accessible to a larger audience, you could enjoy it even if you weren't an acne-ridden weaboo cringelord.

Its good, but overrated.
The story of what had happened to the characters that it touched on sometimes was more interesting than the story that was actually happening.

Name something better.

I can't, I think the series was great.

I agree but I feel like that gives it subtlety.

I just started watching it, it's fantastic.

Speed Grapher

At the expense of just showing what happened to them before exclusively which would have been an overall better anime.

Spike
>Yakuza
Jet
>Cop
Faye
>Cryogenically frozen
Ed and En
>Too Young or not alive yet

berserk

Have you watched the GitS series? I found cowboy bebop because they use the same composer, Yoko Kanno,, which made the whole show for me

I personally found it boring. I could never get into it and frankly I think people hype it up because they saw it when they were younger and it gives off a "cool" jazz theme but in all reality it's just a little better than okay.

Cowboy bebop was great because of a combination of good writing and animation quality. It had a well fleshed-out world that felt like a living, breathing space around the characters.

Is it the BEST anime? No, but it was really good.

That being said, just like with any hobby, (music, movies, clothes, etc) there are people that will say it's bad BECAUSE it had such a wide audience. As if its wide exposure somehow cheapens the experience. You know who I'm talking about, right? The type of person that only likes a band when no one has heard of them and if that band hits the mainstream and becomes popular amongst the masses, that person will go on about how they "used to be good" and "they sold out".

TL;DR: Good writing and animation. That's why.

Anyone know where I can see the movie dubbed?

Samurai champloo

No user it was a little better than average. Just because it's old and decently good doesn't make it a great anime. Madoka in the span of twelve episodes literally blows it out of the water.

>Characters
>Music
>Environment
>Action

Those people are called hipsters

Agreed, as much as I like Bebop Champloo is better. Especially the intro music.

Too bright. I like depressing.

Not only that but I even think Madoka handles the musical vibe thing way better than bebop in its own style. So much great music in this series.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=btmSuNcxiIU

Not sure about the music part but looks real good.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=x12JObsN41E

Easily the best anime of the next decade.

Full Metal Alchemist (brotherhood)

It is, the stories and characters are really good. Pretty sure the guy who does Spikes voice does a voice in it too.

Weeb detected

Because it had an interesting universe, good characters with interesting backstories, and a reasonably interesting story.

It put all the things that makes a good TV show in front of having anime tropes. So it was a good show first, and anime second.

Watching it right now. I'm digging it so far.

Kissanime.com

Seconded, not that I didn't enjoy Cowboy though

What? Madoka is just good user. It pretty much makes 90% of anime look pathetic in comparison and that's being nice.

Assassination Classroom

Mah nigga. I only watched it a little while ago and holy shit I loved it so much I actually read the fucking manga.

Where is your body pillow, go back to it.

Enjoy, my younger brother got me into anime last year. Hadn't really watched any before as had always associated with those weird neck beards with those pillows and shit. We watched Champloo then bebop and then ghost in the shell. Enjoyed all but Champloo was the one I enjoyed the most.

This is literally the only good non-Ghibli anime ever produced.

Everything else is for greasy haired virgins and weirdos who go to anime conventions.

The jokes on you because I only have normal pillows. What do you think about that?

Because ed is fucking amazing. Also ein

You're a bad troll and you got me to respond to your nonsense. Or you're humping the fuck out of your body pillow right now.

Thanks user. I'll check out GitS as well. I was pretty much the same way. Only thing I really watched before Cowboy was things like Naruto and DBZ and shit as a kid. Ever since I finished Cowboy Bebop everything I try to watch is really hard to get interested in. These are definitely helping with that.

How about this. You're totally jealous that I and most people accept the simple fact that Madoka makes Bebop look like a sad joke and that's why you're crying. What's your opinion on that?

Good night dumb nigger, you've lost my interest.

Yeah he used to watch DB when he was a kid, every time I went to watch it just seemed to be people looking at each other talking about how big this fight was going to be and no actual fighting. But we got the Chai version which is cut down and I enjoyed that version.

Madoka as well. And checked.

Great escape plan. It's very simple and to the point. Just what I'd expect from somebody such as yourself. Next time don't engage in an argument you're not ready for.

Just finished it today actually. Definitely my favorite animated series.

Great therapy session user but post a cuter picture next time you want to share your daily problems with us.

>that sense of smug superiority after arguing over shitty anime in between jerking off to your fake, drawn girlfriends

Your father failed you.

Space Dandy is better.

You won't regret it. Madoka is amazing and should be watched by everyone.

That is a perfect description of DBZ and really Naruto too.
>6 episodes of them talking
>1 or 2 of fighting
>4 episodes of random
>Repeat

I've only watched CB so far. In what ways are SC better?

Which Madoka character do you fantasize about being your girlfriend the most?

Checked and seems a bit too humorous for me but will check it out too.

Whichever one will peg his asshole I'm guessing.

Yeah chai is really cut down so more fight less talk.

I just enjoyed the story and the characters more, I really liked CB but SC I just enjoyed a bit more.

It would be nice if the funimation app didn't suck so hard.

Kai? The Nickelodeon garbage? Lol

Thanks

God knows, but this one.

Kys

>I just enjoyed the story and the characters more
But both of those were 10/10 for me O.o

Oh well. Different strokes etc.

True, but I think a few of the SC side characters where a bit more entertaining.

The credit music I can admit is better but nothing can beat Tank!.

I've obviously pissed you off user. I didn't realize Bebop meant that much to you.

Gungrave

This one always gets me.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5KjOhUiTBaY

No, I'm genuinely curious. Trying to understand the mind of an anime nerd is funny to me.

Me as well.

What's wrong with it? Works fine for me.

My nigga

It's funny when people are pissed such as yourself they tend to say the things that would hurt them the most to hurt the other person. The sad fact is I'm probably the best looking in this thread. What do you think about that? I bet you don't like it very much.

Madoka was garbage made for yuri-obsessed cuckolds

Also I definitely consider Bebop to be a very high-tier anime, but I'll agree that it wasn't quite perfect

Saying that Madoka is a basic pedo anime is like saying that Watchmen is basic capeshit

1st season is lame, 2nd season is very good though. It keeps the same atmosphere from Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo

This

Knock this shit off, samefag.

>implying he wouldn't just watch his "girlfriend" rape a girl

Yuricucks are pathetic, my nig. You give him too much credit,

Gr8 b8 m8 gr8 b8 m8 gr8 b8 m8

I've got a lot more people on my side than you. You just sound pathetic right now and you're obviously just doing this because you're super pissed.

>Why is Cowboy Bebop so good?
its because you never seen a good anime

Yes, it's no surprise that lots of people have drank the lesbian kool-aid. What mad knowledge are you gonna drop on me next, YuricuckAnon? Will you tell me the sky is blue? Will you tell me water is wet? Will you tell me you have hurt feelings?

It's not bait I'm literally that good. I'd put 100 bucks down that I could literally knock everybody out in this thread.

Like what?

Alright, I feel kinda bad now. You're obviously autistic.

You seem violent. Did your "girlfriend" kick you out again because you're male?

You reap what you sow, lesbian-worshiping scum.

>bla bla I hate Madoka

You sound so sour right now. Madoka is being compared to Evangelion and is going to end up being one of the greatest anime of all time and there's nothing you can do about it.

naruto 1-899

>Posting this anonymously

donno, I'm only 8 episodes in, it seems pretty good but not the best I've ever seen or anything

Just because you feel powerful sitting on that dildo right now doesn't mean you are.

It's overrated but still pretty good. I prefer Trigun

/thread

See