Sup Forums can I get some advice? Ive been smoking for a few years now but im looking to quit as its too dam expensive...

Sup Forums can I get some advice? Ive been smoking for a few years now but im looking to quit as its too dam expensive. Im going to do it cold turkey as im not a bitch but id like to know whats nicotine withdrawal is like and how long it lasts. I smoke a pack a day and have done for the last 2 years. And no im not going to vape because vaping is for fuckwits.

I smoked for 10 years and vaping helped me to quit. I just do it infront of anyone because its gay as fuck

Does it help with withdrawal or just to replace the ritual of smoking?

Withdrawal is shit. It'll make you feel like shit.

The cravings follow you in a sort of random fashion, being quite often for the first 2-3 weeks or so then slowly happening less often.

For me it was a weird feeling of nausea whenever I was about to eat something, crankiness and I woke up covered in sweat every morning for a week or so

Yeah its better that gum or patches. Just don't get hooked on the vape

Cant get nicotine vape fluid here anyway unless you order it from other countries in small amounts

So really only hard for first few weeks? Then after about a month much easier?

what country?

give easyway to stop smoking by alan carr a shot. helped me quiting 11 months ago. not looking back

New Zealand

Just read Alan Carrs easy way to stop smoking.
It helped me and a couple of my friends stop. I know you think that a book can't help you but you got nothing to lose so give it a try.

But reading I dont have time for that I get like an hour of free time a day

More or less.

I got shit on pretty hard at the 2 month mark, my life took a dump and my cravings came back. I haven't successfully quit again since then.

So pretty much pray that no shit comes up. Well im fucked

torrent the audiobook and listen to it while driving

Ill give it a go. Thanks Sup Forumsro

I tried patches, gum,tablets, failed a few times an then one day, I looked at my 6 year old son and decided if I didn't give up, I might not get to see him grow up, so I just stopped, cravings weren't too bad and didn't last too long, also I told everyone I know and gave them updates, weeks, months etc, did that because I knew if I failed, they'd all know and I'd feel like a fuckwit

Bad shit coming up tends to chip away at ones willpower, if you're not totally committed to quitting it can set you back.

Best word of advice i can give you is to REALLY be done, no going back kind of done.

I failed because i didn't really want to quit when i did, i didn't feel finished with it.

The withdrawls stay for like 9 months.

Bullshit

i know how you feel. i've been smoking 75 a day

Withdrawals? No. Sporadic cravings? Yes.

I only really want to quit because they cost so dam much in New Zealand. They leave me broke all the time but if I could afford it I wouldnt be stopping.

Well that doesnt sound fun. Fuck

Don't vape. This is my step by step process to quit. I stopped after 9 years.

1) Take a vacation, you need 2 weeks to get through the rough part. You need to get away from situations in which you normally smoke. Whether it's friends or driving or drinking or whatever.
2)SMOKE WEED. Whenever you get get the urge to smoke, get high instead. When you need to quit weed do the same except use jerking off/sex as your replacement.

These user, I suffer from constant headaches after a certain point of quitting too but that only lasts me about 5 or so days.

Yeah ill be taking a few weeks off work and away from booze. Problem with getting high is that I cant stop smoking while im high so think that would kinda make things worse

I'll describe it to you in all details I remember.
>day 1 you get irritable
>day 2 you get very easily angry
>day 3 you'll end up looking like a pothead in need of a fix
>day 4 it gets easier mentally, but your body still asks for it
>day 7 urges become less intense, you get to calm down now, just stay away from smokers. don't look at them, dont smell them, just dont.. it'll trigger you to crave the shit
>day 14 your body should have all the nicotine flushed out by now. all urges should be in the mind
>day 15 and beyond you will spit discolored mucus, due to tar buildup. it's normal, don't panic if it's black. panic if it's red.
There you go, all based on my 3x struggle with cold turkey

This is accurate.

The only difference in my experience is the becoming easily angry part lasted well into day 14 for me.

Good for you for quittin, but yknow if you roll your own smokes its pretty damn cheap I spend maybe 40ish for about a month and a half worth

it could be because I never really smoked a lot, at most 6 sticks a day. you?

My one problem with that is that I work at a pub were EVERYONE smokes. Not inside thankfully but everyone stinks of smoke and I can see them all from where I stand. Besides that I think I can handle the rest

Here a pouch of loose tabacoo is $90 NZD for 50 grams. I currently spend about $120 on taller made so not a big enough saving to make it worth it

just resist the urge. keep a pack of skittles(or any of your favorite sweets) at hand at all times.
try jellybeans, the black ones. or the red rope. even the wafer sticks will do just fine, as long as you keep your mouth busy and your nose distracted.

One pack per day normally, I worked outside on saturdays though, then i would usually go through 2.

Not a bad idea actually

yeah, that could be it.
marlboro had an "ultra light" variant, had a much thicker filter. still cigs, but it's a step closer to quitting.

I had a similar problem. Worked in a place where everyone smoked... smoko was hell, man.
I gotta admit, after over 10 years of smoking I didn't get cranky or angry or withdrawals... I got bored.
The habit was hardest for me. I still find myself reaching for my pack and lighter 3 years on.

Take a nice long drag then shove it up your ass. You'll never touch one again. Trust me.

trust me it'll do you wonders.
I used that method to kick my addiction for cigs, vape, alcohol, and cola. plus it helps if you choose healthier options

Yeah I feel the same. If I dont smoke I dont get breaks at work. When i sit outside with the guys they all smoke and I just wanna light one up and join them

I remember those, i think they're called marlboro silvers now in the states, with how they banned the usage of the word "light"

Here in Philippines those things cost 220 Pesos. not one pack sold in a tobacco shop in the most prestigious mall in my area, mainly because they're so costly

Yeah. I used to sit outside, eat, then head back in. No sitting around, no gossiping, no talking shit about the bosses. I missed that part.
And the guys who didn't realise you were quitting (or just forgot) would just assume you were out of smokes if you didn't light up straight away and offer one.

Smokers are awesome people. I'd still be smoking if it wasn't for the missus having a bunch of heart attacks and dying a couple of times

well I used patches to get rid of the niccotine addiction and vaping for the rest (liquid without the niccotine). It works so far (2 years)

You're basically just nervous and unmotivated. Second day is the hardest, after a week your body acclimates and you're pretty much good to go, but even months after you'll want to have one if you see someone smoking on TV or on the streets, but it's really easy to forget about it by then. Just fill your timetable with a lot of stuff you should have been doing for months anyways so you can shake off being nervous by being productive. It will suck, though, as I said, you're unmotivated as fuck.

Sounds like unfiltered's here, nobody smokes them on a regular basis so the price is through the roof.

Id almost says its the social aspect thats the most appealing about smoking

Just quick find another oral fixarion chewing gum brushing teeth etc. Withdrawal wont last long but it will be futing intense depending on how long you smokes i went rhrough withdrawal for a week and was a total edge asshole to everyone but they knew i was cutting down. after 1 month youre really not likely to smoke anymore youll be fine

I tried unfiltered one time, and I can see why no local shop carried those in the first place.

Yea, socializing works great between smokers. Happened more than once that it started out by borrowing a lighter and ended up in a night of drinking and partying. Met my last girlfriend that way.

Pretty much. Smokers tend to be forced to congreate into small areas.
And somehow, nothing starts a conversation like bumming a light.

Pick one day, smoke 4 packs in it, till you get fucking sick of it, then you will naturally stay away from it for a week, then try to keep away for a month drinking galons of coffee. Next step is just dont be stupid, just dont go back, remember that you have no self control. Final step is taking zyban, so you dont have that psychological need. Vaping is exelent too, but If you dont want, its up to you

Ill buy 4 packs of Rothmans Reds. Ill never want to smoke again

Yes, and years later, outside in the cold with a coffee and a mate smoking your old brand, you might just be tempted...

(you'll be back to a pack-a-day within a week)

>buy 20 cigars
>chainsmoke 'em like cigs
>pass out on the 4th cigar
>wake up thirsty and head about to explode
>consume sweets to alleviate pain
>eat sweets for the next 3 weeks
>TFW oral fixation is shifted to sweets
>dont forget to brush your teeth tho

I have met many vapers who "don't" smoke any more because of vapes. But due to the fact there is still nicotine in it and other cancerous materials, also you are putting water vapor into your lungs which causes pneumonia, when they are out of juice they are still prone to smoke cigarettes. Vaping is just for dumbass trend faggots

I honestly don't disagree with 95% of what you're saying.

It isn't water vapor though, it's glycol which is used in inhalers.

But I'm not sure vaping glycol to the extent that vapers do is any healthier than inhaling water vapor.

I have vaped, and did back in '09 when it was considered weird. Now everyone does it, and if they run out of battery or liquid, they do indeed smoke, defeating the object.

As someone who is struggling to quit smoking, due to a distinct lack of self control, I would rather do it without vaping, than stick an battery box up to my mouth and suck on it, just to get a hit. Its fucking degrading, at least smoking has 500 years behind it.

Bro tips are the best tips, doctors will only fuck with your money and make your life a drama. Remember, you never lose habits, you only switch them, after cleaning up pick something else - video games, masturbation, coffee, bodybuilding, etc