Latin Americans created a petition to lower the price of the nintendo switch in their countries

>Latin Americans created a petition to lower the price of the nintendo switch in their countries.

LMAO, talk about a developed continent

change.org/p/nintendo-que-se-respete-precio-de-nintendo-switch-latinoamérica

Other urls found in this thread:

g1.globo.com/tecnologia/games/noticia/2015/01/nintendo-deixa-de-vender-jogos-e-videogames-no-brasil.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>be Latino
>still play on consoles
>probably still uses Windows, too, and buys AAA games

Why even bother? Their governments are just going to put a 300% import tarriff on it anyway.

>Nintendo
Tbf most of the price is due to our retarded taxation and the fact that there isn't nintendo bases here unlike for Sony, for example.
Whatever desu, Nintendo has not been good since the gamecube.

If you mean linux: good
If you mean mac: kill yourself or go back to >>reddit

I know that electronics import taxes are a big problem in BRland. How bad is it in Spanish-speaking countries?

what is the problem with windows?

>If you mean linux: good

Of course.

t. full-time Linux user for two years, who even does some gaming on it

Bad.

Not as bad as there but other than Chile and to a lesser degree Colombia they're pretty shit across the board.

t. International Operations account manager for a consumer electronics company.

>mfw
But memes aside I was going to buy the shit, second hand eventually just because

damn, here is more expensive than the ps4.

btw fuck nintendo and fuck my government

I feel like I have seen this before when they announced that PS4 would be 4.000 bananas monies a few years ago

Also
> to lower the price
They are just asking for the stupid exchange rate to be respected, here a store is retailing in pre sales the shit for $10,000 mxn
And thats not 300 USD

Privacy issues, constant data collection and monitoring, advertising in the OS, less user control over what updates to install and when(!) to install them.

You have to go through hoops to 'botnet-proof' your own OS out of the box, and even that doesn't guarantee anything.

What? does nintendo price fix their product in poor countries?

but you need to be a expert to use linux or even a noob like me can use

You can use something simple like elementary, ubuntu (the same) or other distros like that, you dont have to go directly to arch or gentoo

You literally have the lowest import tarriffs on electronics in all of South America.

Nah, it's not nintendo, the problem are the store who sell the console in the third world

linux users choose the OS because of freedom?

>latin america
only in chile you retard

I use it because I already use macOS and Windows, its just to have the lot but I do like it

Then it doesn't make sense for that console to be so expensive.

Nintendo is collapsing anyway.

>charging for poor online services and still proud of it
>despite having the biggest potential due to nostalia factor, they somehow continue to make bad decisions
>60 fucking USD for a fucking controller
>tech demo-looking games for 60 fucking USD
>6 year old game with lower res for 60 USD
>paid online will only give you 1 free NES/SNES for ONLY 1 FUCKING MONTH, holy fuck just get an XBL or PSN
>wiggle waggle motion bullshit. apparently they dont know why Star Fox Zero is such a massive failure
>300 fucking dollars for a console that reminds you it was a concept of Wii U

Give it up fampie. I really loved Nintendo but they are way too arrogant to compete for the videogame industry

How much is it? It's 299 here which, while about 50 overpriced, is to be expected given that it's new.

god bless nintendo, fuck manchildren

pero que peo, 533 USD in argentine pesos are 8500, almost nothing for the people who are going to buy electronic gadgets to chile, mmm I believe that by our fault it is not going to lower the price, but it is going to increase

>530 dollars in Chile

I'm taking 10 please

Just wait for the inevitable hardware revision instead of buying it second hand. It'll be cheaper, get better battery life, and will have more games.

Nintendo has so much money from the Wii and DS that they're not collapsing anytime soon.

Like Scorpio and the PS4 Pro?
Do you really think that's going to happen?
I can't see Nintendo doing that.

Not, not a mid generation upgrade. I mean like a DS lite type revision.

ITT: hispanics blame other people for their governments taxing the bejesus out of everythig they import.

Vote for me to be president of Latin America, I'll lower all the tariffs on any device that can play Skyrim!

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

Or maybe like the New 3DS

Linux wouldn't run half the games I play. Even if it did they are optimized for Windows anyways. I use Linux for shitposting and watching anime. I use Windows for videogames.

Nintendo let a company handle their bussines here, said company fix the prices.

To put in in perspective. Back in the 90's was around $140.

Nintendo has always been expensive here, it's even worst in the rest of latinamerica, the difference it's that sony and microsoft products are a 30% more expensive than in murrika but since the 3ds nintendo products cost almost twice.

Nah, fayuca pretty much lowers prices enough the stuff is rarely more than a little more expensive than the US, and many things are actually a lot cheaper.

Here the original Xbox was $1000 when it came out, I don't even want to know how much that is in today's money, but fuck, my parents spoiled me a lot.

Stallmann is coming to Iceland in two weeks
what should I ask him if I get the chance

Nintendo is shit.

Why the fuck would someone petition to have ANOTHER Mario or ANOTHER Zelda?

Uruguay ALWAYS has shit opinions.

The only consoles that are worth having are nintendo's, everything else belong to PC

>what should I ask him if I get the chance
Is this the year of linux?

>b-but muh Smash 7: Electric Boogaloo and muh Mario Kart 14 an a half.

Nintendo abandoned LA because they couldn't compete with the PS4 and Xbone market lead. Those prices are set by stores independently.

>Japan hasn't grown for nearby 3 decades
this means, we'll give you 3rd worlders a chance to grow themselves and catch up, maybe? what went wrong???

>Nintendo abandoned LA because they couldn't compete with the PS4 and Xbone market lead.

Nah, it was in the PS2 era. but all started in the gen before that when the ps1 was the "'poorfag" machine. Sega died in the next gen and Nintendo said "fuck off"

for me, Latin Americans still look poor

Nippon-senpai is just being tsundere.

They still had business in Brazil until 2015, then they left because they couldn't compete with the other consoles.

g1.globo.com/tecnologia/games/noticia/2015/01/nintendo-deixa-de-vender-jogos-e-videogames-no-brasil.html

Every time I see a Japanese flag, I already associate it with someone insulting. Your country really makes the worst posters.

>caring about a bunh of manchildren

Who cares?

>there are people on this thread RIGHT NOW that are going to willingly buy an overprized console just to play mario

Woah woah woah, I'm doing it to play Pokemon.

>tfw you make money out of eurobros that collect BASED SEGA TECTOY games and consoles
>tfw making money out of reselling as highly sought collectables what was supposed to be for an underdeveloped market

That'll be $359 dollars plus tip

Maybe the price will drop by the time Pokemon for the Switch comes out like how they dropped the price for the 3ds?

It's shit.

I don't know why it's so shit. Microsoft's other stuff (e.g. Office, Xbox, even the fucking Zune) are fine but they just shit the bed when it comes to desktop operating systems.

Even Ubuntu is better once the Amazon crap is turned off. [spoiler]I actually like the Unity interface.[/spoiler]

i'll get it from europe with my sweet sweet VISA.

Oh yeah.

It's 299 in the US
It's 600 here. Not to mention that the joycons are more expensive, games are twice as much too

I don't care about nintendo but still it's a retarded price

I just come from Ciudad del Este where bought a pc (probably from smuggling) and in a few months i will travel to miameeeere to buy the Nintendo switch. Godbless Macri

>600 pesos

Thats not expensive. After the conversion rate, probably like $5 American cause your economy is based around tacos

>so much money

Yet Microsoft and Sony is way larger than them. Sony and Microsoft can easily flick out Nintendo from the competition if Nintendo keeps making more bad business decisions.

>Caring about shitendo underpowered consoles with shitty gimmicks controllers.

Couldn't give a fuck even if I tried.

That's in dollars, Paco.

Are your bags ready? You'll be going back soon.

replace taxing with everything and other people with Spanish Empire