Warcraft originally released November 23, 1994- twenty-two years ago

>Warcraft originally released November 23, 1994- twenty-two years ago
>online users have dropped from 12 million to 5 million in past six years

Why was now the right time for a movie?

To get people to care again

Game of Thrones made that medieval shows/movies cool again.

>world of warcraft is the entire warcraft franchise
I'll cut my dick off if you were born before the date you just posted

It was announced 10 years ago, when it was a good time. Fuck knows why it took so long to get out the door though.

>Warcraft originally released November 23, 1994- twenty-two years ago
>>online users have dropped from 12 million to 5 million in past six years

Well considering its been 22 years I'm gonna guess someone picked up the phone and interrupted their dial up connection.

>>online users have dropped from 12 million to 5 million in past six years
That's for WoW. I'd like to see numbers on who still plays WC3 on battle.net.

>Why was now the right time for a movie?
The film was announced in 2006, I believe. It's been in Development Hellâ„¢ for about a decade.

The Warcraft movie has been talked about since fucking 2006 with a 2009 release.

Sam Rami was going to direct, but something happened with that.

Also originally set in the era of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. This setting, however, was later dropped, with Blizzard feeling that it would be too similar to The Lord of the Rings

>Why was now the right time for a movie?
The technology for CG had advanced enough to depict plastic surfaces on the big screen.

Turned 31 yesterday, not a gamer at all though

all that REALER cgi isn't easy to make you know

>1986: Battlefield Earth paperbacks have Coming Soon Motion Picture blurb
>2000: Battlefield Earth motion picture finally gets made
>Why did it take so long considering how good the source material is?

2009-2010 and in 3D to get that Avatar money.

I really feel like in the past 5 years the blockbuster game has become so fraught that a $200 million Warcraft production, no matter how good and how cannily marketed, could never be anything but a massive risk.

It kept getting pushed back because no one wanted to do it.

It's a corny as fuck video game franchise full of memes and pop culture references that stole everything about it from already well established franchises and lore; like Lotr and Warhammer, so there's really no interesting story to tell.

Instead of doing the smart thing, the thing people have been saying to do for years, that Blizzard should just make a 100% CGI movie they went and made this half live action half CG abomination. They also didn't even use the only decent story arc in all of Warcraft which is the Arthus/Lich King transformation and the arrival of the undead and burning legion. It's not even original but it was the best they could have worked with.

I'm still kinda hopeful that one day Blizzard will wise up and just make a fucking CG movie themselves - they already have the best artists in the industry working for them.

I think Dota is still one of the most popular multiplayer games

>Titanic sinks on 1912
>Decide to make movie about it 85 years later in 1997
>Only makes $2,186,772,302

What is wrong with Hollywood? How are they so out of touch?

9/11 romantic tragedy movies when ?

In 65 years

In a century but the terrorists will be white males and the towers will be full of transgender Africans and Mexicans. The Pentagon will be entirely staffed by disabled lesbians.

>they also didn't even use the only decent story arc in all of Warcraft which is the Arthus/Lich King
arthas fanboys are getting desperate.

his story was shit. no one wants to see this kind of edgelord crap on screen.

I still play wc3 the custom games are brilliant

they are jsut that desperate

>all that REALER cgi isn't easy to make you know

Davy Jones was 2006

>play warcraft all the time since the 1st game
>never played WoW in my life

The tech isn't the problem. You have to have actual competent artists to make all that shit look correct.

And that could have happened in 2006.

Because Sam Raimi is a fgt

Not if they were working on other projects.

Aren't wet objects easier to make in CGI?

> 1994 was 22 years ago

Fuck this shit, goddamn.

Damn just imagine what kinda of money they would have gotten if they released it in 2009 when Wotlk was having like 12-13mil subs.