I need a small computer for torrenting 24/7 without spending too much. what could i buy/build?

i need a small computer for torrenting 24/7 without spending too much. what could i buy/build?

Build a computer

thanks! great advice

which computer? i don't need a screen, just remote use.
it must be small cause i don't have much space

Generally mini-atx. (or itx?) maybe 8gb+ram, maybe an AMD 6350. Depending on the motherboard you get, though. Make sure it has onboard video so you don't need a gpu. Not sure what you plan on for storage. That's on you.

I'd do more research but I'm at work, lunch is almost over.

Might be cheaper to just pay and rent a "seed box" online.

Why not just use a Raspberry Pi?

maybe raspberry pi?

Don't ask here because this shit-tier retards can only talk about buying overpriced PCs to watch anime.

Raspberry pi connected to your NAS I guess would be the best if you aim for low cost.

Moar like this?!? Or Sauce?

cheap: olda laptop + linux + web GUI for t0rrent
ideal: NAS with embedded system, usually comes with t0rrent client

just use a raspberry pi
the fuck are you talking about? why would he need 8gb ram? You are retard?

Lots of NAS boxes will run as a torrent server. My old D-Link DNS-323 still does a decent job. Not the fastest around but it holds 2 drives and runs 24/7. It's compact and I can access the torrent program from my phone.

By a shittop for 200 or less

> (OP)
>By a shittop for 200 or less
This

Raspberry Pi3, with USB HDD

Plug into phone charge, network to router, access via SSH when needed. Cheap as shit to buy, and running costs are tiny compared to a "real" computer.

Do it OP you massive fagge

These guys nailed it.

thanks for the replies, i don't trust NAS anymore after the death of mine.

Raspberry isn't good for 24/7 he will die in a couple of months

how seed box works?

OP
actually surprised how many people literally dont know anything about computing and are suggesting using old laptops or building new computers LOL

THIS IS THE OPTION.

Buy an RPi, they are DIRT CHEAP, watch some youtube videos if you are a noob and don't know any programmnig. You can have yourself a 24/7 torrenting machine for 20 bucks, all in.

literally fucking anything

2nding

why do you want that?

torrenting??
get a raspberry pi

>Raspberry isn't good for 24/7 he will die in a couple of months

unlikely

how safe is torrenting anyway? are there ways to make it 100% safe?

I would agree with this.

Why torrenting 24/7? Downloading movies?

>>Raspberry isn't good for 24/7 he will die in a couple of months

mine has been running 24/7 since february 2014
still not dead so i guess someone told you bs

Correct,
Been using a RPi3 as a 24/7 TV commercial player at work, it's been running on the same SD card since last year may, when I set it up... Brandless SD-Card. Worked fine till now.

he's an idiot

like this dude

moar for the love of god..

google image search for "ENF"

New Intel Up board. Runs Win10 or Ubuntu, about 99 dollar I think. Needs small space and not much power.

Google it.

Raspberry Pi

he's a retard millennial who thinks nothing is good if it's not overpriced for its job

i'm not an idiot, i'm old

so which old idiot are you, the one who thinks rasp pis die from 24/7 use or the idiot who thinks torrents can be "safe"?

the latter