My mother doesn't want me to join the military because she says that the government will own me. Your thoughts?

My mother doesn't want me to join the military because she says that the government will own me. Your thoughts?

Her assessment is accurate.

Yeah but you get to shoot muslims
Deus vult.

I some ways she is correct but it sounds like now your mother owns you , if you joined she will have very little say of what you do anymore and you can do shit you couldn't do otherwise

Grow some balls and join the army.

Oh almost forgot it is also critical to get a non shit job in the military to set up up for a career after

sounds like she owns you right now you enormous fucking pussy.

Don join the army m8, navy or airforce will likely give you more options when you're done

Somebody is gonna own you anyway, you're young and stupid.

Just decide if the benefits are worth it. Also, you'll get to lord it over civies for the rest of your life.

she is right, but the real question is "do you want to be a pussy for the rest of your life?"
if no
join the army as infantry 11b

they all give you the same options when youre done. its just some give you experience in a certain skill, but who's to say youll even enjoy that skill enough to want to do it for the rest of your life. A majority of the Army and Marines are not grunts and present useful job experience for something after.

You have to look at it on a personal and impersonal level. Yes, the government will own you, but that's impersonal and somewhat ideological. If you work for any public service then the government owns you. On a personal level, the military will give you skills and experience that you cannot get anywhere else. This is more pragmatic and even the most unpatriotic person could acquire these benefits from joining the military.

I mean she's right but it's not such a big deal.

Sweet benefits but that's about it. It's soul-crushing most of the time.

If mommy still makes your decision you're to much of a bitch to make it in infantry. Try a bitch desk job faggot.

Interesting; my parents forced me to join after I finished high school, discouraging getting a college education. Of course, I still washed out of the military twice and wound up in college anyway.

In any case, she's pretty much right: the government owns your ass until your contract's up while you're in. But, if you've got nothing else going for you (shitty grades, no skills, etc) you should at least join the Air Force or the Navy, and attend college courses while in. We're all 'owned' in one way or another by the government, but at least you can get paid to work with your mind and not your back.

How many GBP will mummsie take if you join? Also there isn't much for tendies in the Army.

She's right.

But do it faggot, it's not that bad

>washed out of the military twice

What the fuck are you talking about?

How did you wash out twice? Story!

The only thing you will know how to do when you get out of 11b or 11x is be a cop.

And even then they'll take a mofo with a degree over your "veterans preference" dd214.

I washed out.

Not much of a story, really.
>be me, 18, 2007
>join Air Force right out of high school
>go to Basic
>personalitydisorderlol.js
>wait 21 days in the then-319th TRS to ship out
>ship out
Year and a half later
>join Army
>finish Basic at Fort Sill
>go to AIT at Bliss
>personality disorder/clinical depression kick in again
>wait 15 days to be chaptered out, under constant monitoring by NCO's and other privates
>ship out
>go back to parents house, which was actually on another Army base up north
>live life...

But, didn't you need to get a waiver to join the army after washing out of the airforce?

You had a documented personality disorder which caused a medical discharge, and you're telling me you just waltzed into the army recruiters office a year later and joined right back up?

Your mother is fucking stoopid.

Yes, I did. My Air Force DD-214 had the RE-code "2C," which was waiverable, but I wouldn't be able to reenlist int he AF itself. I now have a code of "3."

Yes. Waivers work like that, though it was a bit of a lengthier process. Had to get 'checked out' by psychologists and such.

Your mom is a smart person. Don't.

Yes and no. You literally serve the government in the most literal sense possible. But you make friends, get fit, learn alot. Just don't get into combat.

Ur mom is right. Soldiers are literally brainless government drones.

Can they even waive a 3?

How much did you hate being in Oklahoma?
>Okiefag here

Fuck off. We don't need you tit sucking faggots. Sempre Fi

I'm extremely surprised you weren't a code 3 from the start. Whatever man, you never even finished training so you're not in a position to be giving people advice about the military. Enjoy college fuccboi.

ITT: Either people who have never been near the military and think it's horrible cause 'muh big government is bad' or people with genuine advice. No middle ground.

OP, if you still live in the shit that is this thread, I've been in the Air Force for 5 years. I don't know everything, but I know enough. Any questions?

They *could,* and for many years since '08 I've tried to get them to through various recruiters, but they've all pretty much told me that "no one will bother anymore." Even if the recruiters would, the Brass itself would just turn me away because of my record.

It was....HELL ON EARTH. I thought I'd be smart by going during Fall? Nope; it's a desert. Burning up during the warmer months, FREEZING the closer we got to December. At one point, my 2-quart froze while we were at the FOB.

I finished Army Basic at least.

>I'm an uneducated cuck who thinks he can tell who can and can't give advice

College is something you only dream of amirite?

Nah man, I've got a bachelors. And I'm in the Air Force. Surprisingly, I didn't have to be a little bitch to get the former. Get out of my face you cuck.

>now I'll lie and hope no one notices

Great strategy. I'm sure you dream of being in the military but I doubt you could make it through a half mile run.

If you only registered for college and attended orientation, would you be in a position to offer advice about that university? Use your head

I don't have to prove shit to you, just trying to help out OP and anyone else that wants some info. Also, it's a mile and a half for us chump.

What a horrible analogy. Those are two wildly different things.

I stated he couldn't give advice about the military because he never completed training, so he never got to do his real job or see the normal side of it outside of a training environment. It's the same shit you retard.

>I have no proof to give

Oh man. A mile and a half. Wow, you must be a real hero. I used to run farther than that for gym in the fucking 7th grade you sad little manlet.

Well, I come from a military family, and have spent a lot of time in and around bases throughout my life. I know it's like any 'regular job' (as the Drills would say); but that wasn't why I washed out/couldn't adjust.

>military
>college orientation

Those still seem like different thing dumbass.

So you're telling me I'm not in the military because when you were in the 7th grade you could run around a track?
Wut.

She is correct.

Apart from the one that is fucking his wife in the marital bed while he is in the desert.

OP here
What is the Air Force like? I was considering Air Force or Navy

Obviously they are vastly different, but in the context of getting to know your university they are the same. If you only go through orientation, you can't measure how good/bad the classes/professors are, the hours, the cafeteria, etc. it's the same if you never finish training in the military.

air force you do nothing navy you turn gay. Anything besides Marines 0311 ur gay

Let me start with the Navy. If your goal is education, or having a 9-5, the navy is not the way to go. It seems all my friends in the navy always get buttfucked on the weekends and have to go clean the ship and shit. Also, they have way more additional duties than us. as for education, the Air Force provides an associates degree for going through technical training (it's not all of the credits, you still need to take some classes) and the other branches don't have anything similar. The community college of the Air Force is regionally accredited so you don't have to worry about the credits transferring.

You're not in the military cause you're a weak piece of shit and a bad liar. If all they have you running is a mile and half then you're not worth the cost of your uniform. Try actually running a distance that would wind a high schooler.

Jesus. This guy has been in the Army, Air Force and Coast Guard -- and has three combat infantry badges? That would mean he's should be in his sixties. He looks damn good for that. I guess that means the Air Force has perfected time travel -- explaining the tweaked out look in his eyes.

Ships take alot of maintaining man. A whole fuckin lot.

Great man, keep at it. Maybe you'll get so butthurt that you'll explode soon. The uniform was issued to me, paid for by your tax payer dollars. Thanks. Also, your income tax goes straight into my paycheck! Thanks for that too! Keep being mad, I'll keep collecting your money.

the government already owns you

I believe it Broski, but it doesent sound like fun at all.

Holy shit dat pic. How do you even fuck that up like that?

>if I lie more and call him mad maybe someone will believe I'm not a manlet betaking

Keep up the horrible work.

I'm a manlet, king of them actually. At 5'9 I stand proud as king of the manlets. Great. Still taking your money. Anything else?

Wait seriously? A private has 15 levels of command senior to him?

No, but all those ranks are above him.

>I'm still acting like I'm in the airforce

Stop disgracing actual service men. Least I don't need to lie about serving. ;)

Listen to your mother. She seems to have good intentions. The govenrment does not.

its true

She knows what's up.

I was initially going to go into the Navy right out of HS, then I had a seizure at the local recruiter's office...

>service men
Like fucking janitors you prick? I thought you went to college? What happened? Daddy's funds run out so you couldn't finish your degree?

>if I point out a grammatical error maybe then people will believe I'm in the air force

Cool deflection cumstain. Got any more?

Sure, I don't think cumstain is a word. It should probably be two.

I look forward to kill u when u come to my country you amerifag

So what have we learned today.

Youre a manlet. Check.

You never served the United States in any branch of its military. Check.

You think a mile and half run is tough confirming the weakness we covered. Check.

So now that the list is compiled how bout ya follow in the footsteps of Nirvana's lead singer and put a shotgun in your mouth. ;)

did the military for 6 years...if you can join Air Force. Yes the government owns you.

Can't show up to work? Art 92 + 134. Even if all hell is falling around you and just dont show you're ganna get in trouble.

I was an MP...super easy job just boring as all fuck. 90% boredom 5% paperwork 5% holy shit moments.

So yeh dude join the Air Force if you can quality of living ios superior. My brother was army airborne and I laughed at his living conditions....

The government owns you already.

Sad to say none of that makes you any less of a shitty person though. Also, I would be doing a great disservice to you and your fellow countrymen by killing myself. Not gonna happen. Sorry.

she is right

and everyone here older than 20 should have already made the experience that mums are always right, sooner or later

ok

Mine is certainly an exception to the rule. But, I guess that's understandable considering she thinks it's still 1986.

I'm sorry it was like that for you user, leadership tends to take care of people in the Air Force. Obviously it varies from squadron to squadron, but you won't get in trouble for being to work late if something important has come up. Unless you're security forces ( our version of MPs). They're dicks and generally give zero fucks about each other it seems.

>this is about you now

You know you want to. You know you're worth about as much as the shits I take. So just go ahead and take the step. Make sure ya livestream it though, you need the attention after all. Why else would you lie about military service?

If ur in the US join the navy. 4 years and you get the vet benefits. Its boring but atleast no combat or living amongst diperheads. Just boat maintinance. Plus if your oversees you wont go out and spend all yor cash youl be on a boat just save save save

i don't want to die for the interests of (((bankers))) or other rich fucks

If your mother makes those choices for you, then she owns you, cuck.

Alright so here are my options:
1. You're in the government and want me to post proof to test OPsec
2. You're a shitty user with nothing better to do than wait for me to post an image, get some info out of it, and begin a raid
3. You're ISIS

To tell you the truth Im more inclined to believe the first one. Protip: don't point out that I lie or haven't provided proof in every message. It makes you look needy and it's unrealistic for an angry user. Good luck NSA!

>you're isis

Whoa dere. That's a big accusation to throw around.

and now you deflect. Great, I think we're done here buddy.

navy shill detected, never again volunteer yourself.

Government owns and spy everything. They can also take your house and sell it for another purposes cuz its in the law. If your mum thinks that they domt own you already then she is even dumber then you.

Dont be a fucking pussy. You get to shoot guns and say kewl things like hooah

Rico's roughnecks!

Shes not wrong but do what you want to do

But its worse in the army.

Friend of mine in the army once broke his hand punching something because he was angry. He got fined for "damaging government property." They were talking about his hand.