'X-Men: Apocalypse' Makes It A Memorial Day To Forget At Box Office

>Apocalypse easily won the battle with Alice but did not fare as well as predecessor X-Men: Days of Future Past, which took $110.5 million on the same weekend two years ago. Chatter was not as lively for this installment, with around 200,000 tweets in the seven days prior to release versus almost 700,000 for Days of Future Past. This year we’ve already seen three huge superhero movies debut all looking for that same audience –two bona fide winners in with Deadpool and Captain America: Civil War and a controversial box office hit in the shape of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, so getting the same demo to turn out time and time again can be a challenge. However, this has still been a great weekend for the franchise, landing the 6th best opening of the year so far.
forbes.com/sites/philwalden/2016/05/31/x-men-apocalypse-makes-it-a-memorial-day-to-forget-at-the-box-office-for-alice/#22c031a21441

Are people getting tired of capeshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QoPDDQWRFhc
youtu.be/FT2dMxC6yHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just non-marvel movies desu

SWEET DREAMS ARE
MADE OF THIS

Remember when Sup Forums said Jlaw's career is ending anytime soon

I'M GONNA GET YA!

>Are people getting tired of capeshit?
More like people really dont care to invest time in Non-Marvel Studios capeshit anymore unless its got good reviews and word of mouth

Sup Forums (Sup Forums) knows nothing.

>Serena went straight to VOD
>the last hunger games movie bombed lionsgate
>joy got mixed reviews
>this movie
All she has is Passengers and Chris Pratt will carry the entire film

>joy got an oscar
>last two blockbusters were number one at box office
>now working with spielberg and aronofonsky

stay mad

Good days, i miss them.

Kek what is it with Lawrence's bad mood recently? You'd think someone swapped her tampons for tea packages or something.

the x-men movies are the only capeshit i look forward to anymore tbqh

X-men Cinematic Universe is now indefinitely the Deadpool Cinematic Universe.

it's because they're barely Capeshit, they're pretty much Science-Fiction films.

>All she has is Passengers and Chris Pratt will carry the entire film

Feels bad I really like Chris Pratt but can't stand Whorance

>Get hired to work in a role
>Don't even bother acting because reasons
>Even though you're getting paid millions
She's a fucking bitch. If you don't want to be in Apocrolypse then maybe you shouldn't have accepted the role, fucking cunt.

Capeshit fatigue combined with the fact that the movie is boring, too long, and nearly quipless made this a guaranteed failure.

That and they picked the fattest, ugliest Jean I've ever fucking seen. What the fuck was up with that?

tfa was terrible tho.

It did fine, for a non Wolverine lead, x-men movie.

There's almost no promotion about it here, so FOx probably didn't even care

>a controversial box office hit in the shape of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
But Sup Forums told me it flopped.

It did flop.

So now it's society's (read: men's) fault that she didn't let her agent negotiate a better deal. Personal responsibility for your own actions is a fucking mythical concept to some people, fuck.

>There's almost no promotion about it here, so FOx probably didn't even care
t. doesn't have snapchat

It underperformed, it didn't flop. Flopping would be a BO of 200-400M.

The lunacy is that she's one of the richest women in the world at the moment.

>Bitches will never be happy.

>Is one of the only qt christian girls in hollywood
>Acts like a total cunt
Fuck.

>a christian in hollywood

top kek

>no one ever talks about all the brits having horrible fake american accents

This makes me feel deeply, profoundly uncomfortable.

Post Spoonman.

She claims she's a christian. It's not impossible, and I never did say anything about becoming influenced from certain fat jewish cunts that like espousing mysandrist rhetoric I'M LOOKING AT YOU AMY SCHUMER

>Personal responsibility for your own actions is a fucking mythical concept to some people

They're called woman user.

Name one memorable line in the entire movie besides Kanji Klub

protip: you can't

THAT'S NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS

>thumbs up
>lighter comes out

best part of the film

the rest was alright, not sure what you expect from a Star Wars film in 2016 involving Disney

The droid... stole a freighter??

youtube.com/watch?v=QoPDDQWRFhc

I know I'm tired of capeshit

Are you kidding me? Fox shills are literally spamming forced memes all across the catalog, even in this thread. Truly,

SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS

Where's my boyfriend? I like that wookie!

Droid, please

>Jlaw doomed this movie by insulting Trump
anyone else whose defamed his sacred name should offer a money sacrifice before their life gets fucked over

>General Hux: Today is the end of the Republic. The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder. At this very moment in a system far from here, the New Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the rogues of the Resistance. This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand will bring an end to the Senate, to their cherished fleet. All remaining systems will bow to the First Order and will remember this as the last day of the Republic!

"Remain calm."
"I am calm."
"I was talking to me."

TRAITOR

Meme magic is real. Never mock the Donald on FOD

I'm a longtime x-men fan but I didn't watch this because of JBitch

she's barely in this movie compared to DoFP.

Don't do this to yourself, this movie is a fan-pleaser.

The last XMen film was atrocious, this looks even worse. I can't wait till this genre dies, and it will, horribly, but Marvel is still packing them in for now.

>implying you don't want a Wolverine x Deadpool movie

I bypassed the character development

Rey: "Where am I?"

Kylo Ren: "You're my guest"

BRAVO JJ Abrams

She is in some big parts and play important role in the movie, however she is the worst part by far.

>I'm a longtime x-men fan
This movie is full of fanservice, probably the movie with most of it, you'll love it, just skip Mystique and Angel parts.

Wolverine's the only good character, and with Jackman leaving, then there will be no redeeming qualities left for this franchise.

Mcavory and Fassbender you absolute pleb.

I love the star wars meme its so epic bro lolz
WAAARRGGHGHLL lol im a chewbacca!

I love how Jackman is the only one who reads the comic books. McAvoy and Fassbender always make fun of that in interviews.

This.

Assbender was shit in this movie and you know it.

my condolences for your taste.

They were good in the first class movie, but the other movies just sucked balls, they couldn't really save them.

>I love how Jackman is the only one who reads the comic books.

Yeah, and I have a ten inch penis and every night MEW sucks me off while I count how long she can breath through her nose.

Doctor Strange is easily gonna make more than Apocalypse did

>DoFP wasn't great

Nobody knows who that nigga is and magic shit is boring.

>children movies
>taste
both of you faggots are gay

DoFP was total trash and only edgy teen faggot fuccbois thought it was great.

they said the same thing with Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man

>the le it's for children xDD meme

please leave, you're contributing literally nothing to this discussion.

What'd be really funny is if Warcraft takes in more bank the weekend after next.

It does look so fucking good. And that 1v1 battle shit they showed at Raw last night looked like some Final Fantasy shit.

>Of course they have black stormtroopers!
>What do you mean he's my son?
>Jesus Christ
(Although this one is in wookie)

And my personal favorite
>beep boo...

Look up some of the interviews, Jackman's a bro and a dedicated actor.

I'm really disappointed she feels the need to be so socio-politically outspoken, especially when she has such terribly uninformed opinions spoon fed to her by topical bitter jewesses.
That, and she's not exceptionally talented enough to make me pay to watch her half hearted shit.

First movie I ever fell asleep in was the hunger games mockingjay.
Worst piece of shit
>strong army bf can't shoot down 2 bombers about to bomb hospital
>let me shoot them both down with one arrow
>talk for 2hrs and 57mins

Fuck off shill.

>This was the last time they spoke as friends. Erik is standing in the red light being subtle reference of his rage, Humans standing in the light, showing their true nature
Fucking pottery

>"Truly, after all this time, the Force Awakens"

I don't even remember the plot

>that hairline
JUST

>a controversial box office hit in the shape of Batman V Superman
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it was the most humilliating bomb ever

>christian
>takes countless explicit photos of herself

It's not Fassbender's fault Singer decided to rehash the "I've lost everything now I must DESTROY EVERYTHING!" plot again.

He's an ass, but he's not completely wrong. DoFP is way overrated just because it's one of the more depressing installments.

Wait, are there post credits scenes? I walk out the theather as soon as Leia and Rey say goodbye, I thought that was the ending

heh, no one of the more popular scenes is Rey traveling to Luke's location on the map.

here

youtu.be/FT2dMxC6yHU

r u kidding me?!!

That was the worst Star Wars speech of all, including the Prequels.

Some hack that wished he could have rewritten Schindler's List to be more Blacked, writing what he thinks Nazis talked like, assuming that "polished white boytoy" hits all the right fear buttons with the properly goyim'd audience, having no idea what real fear or menace sounds like or what it would actually look like to be sinister.

Do us all a favor and gobble some carbon monoxide

Yes, that's exactly why you don't have a gf.

Dumb frogposter.

>Angels ribs come out of his fucking back and into metal wings
The fuck?

These stupid things always make me laugh

ITS OVER JLAW IS FINISHED

LMAO

HER LAST HUNGER GAMES ALSO BOMBED

JLAW HAS OFFICIALLY BECOME BOX OFFICE POISON CONFIRMED

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it isn't awful.

>You know what they say: "When the Star Wars, The Force Awakens".

Im good fuck her. I'll wait for Wolverine 3 or Deadpool 2

She was literally just nominated for an Oscar. You people are fucking delusional if you actually think her career is anywhere close to over.

Warcraft is gonna be the biggest bomb of the summer and everyone knows it.

I think everyone at this point just has those few friends who also drag them to every capeshit that comes out.

>Scott Weiland bashes Trump
>He dies

>Patton Oswalt bashes Trump
>His wife dies

>Johnny Depp bashes Trump
>His mother dies and his wife leaves him with half his money, painting him as a wife beater

>JLaw bashes Trump
>Her movie tanks

No one can stop this beautiful man.