Why do good artists never tour here?

Do they think we have shit taste in music?

Other urls found in this thread:

vega.dk/calendar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

where are you from?

good *underground* artists I meant to say,
but also applies to a certain extent with more popular artists. I'm seeing Radiohead in Stockholm this year at least.

brazil

see

Nordic countries are mostly into metal these days (if by good you're not referring to the metal genre).

THIS
Iceage are legit Scandinavian and even they rarely tour in Scandinavia with the exception of Denmark (their native country)

I was excluding metal, fair point tho

Death Grips, Swans, Nick Cave & the bad seeds all excluding Scandinavian countries in their European tours, why?

"European" leg

they just dont like us

They probably don't have big enough fan bases in northern Europe, so yea, your taste is shit

touring is expensive, they're only gonna go places where they know the turn-out will be large enough to cover the costs

Islamic law forbids live music

There are more people in NYC than in the entire country of Norway
Fuck off

I also frequent Sup Forums and got our little inside joke. wink wink

Move out of 3rd world swedenistan.
Bands often lose money when they tour shit countries who don't buy enough tickets. It makes no sense for them to tour there.

nigga why you salty

Swans are visiting all the countries in question (except Iceland) in March.

because muslims dont listen to music but nasheeds and allu akbar tunes

I saw Death in June in Oslo this autumn, pic related. Swans are coming here soon, Chrome plays next month. Killing Joke also recently played.

But I agree, there is almost never anything good. I think most of them settle for festivals.. which are too expensive for me unfortunately.

god damn it feels good to be born in relevant euopean country

iceage hate their neighbouring country though minus Germany

filtered

Because you're country looks like REALLY saggy testicles.

Swans is coming to Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark this year.

why dont you explore the local fucking music then you raging shithead

aren't there low cost airlines and trains in yurop? just move around a bit

helsinki has a great scene

>Nordic countries are mostly into metal these days (if by good you're not referring to the metal genre).
This is wrong.

Ohh damn I should probably see them in Helsinki.

How are they live? Is ear protection a must?

Because most of the good underground artists that people want to tour don't need to tour to play in Scandinavia. They already live there.

man add ireland to that map, people always skip us when they do 'euro' tours

People have shit taste and don't turn up on shows. Thinking about flying to England to see PUP/ The Wonder Years this month cause god knows they'll never play Sweden

Italy

agreed, and the festivals here basically recycle big acts for the following years

they prefer to remain unraped

Cuz ur muslim

Teho and Blixa were in Finland! Went to see

Iceland is far AF.

But I have a friend in Finland and he goes to a lot of nice concerts.

In Portugal we don't have a lot of nice "solo" concerts. But we have a lot of great festivals, so almost everyone came to Portugal on their tours.

> this is wrong.
Care to elaborate, cunt.

For the boring answer these countries are sparsely populated so less convenient for tours (more travelling for smaller shows).

Ear protection is always a must at any concert

Scandanavia is wealthy as fuck though, you only need to sell 1 ticket there to equal revenue from 2 tickets in south europe.

ALOT of great artists go to Sweden. There are rarely any good artists coming to Norway on the other hand, and when they come, they usually only have concerts in Oslo.

top kek. can't fit an entire concert inside a shed anyways

There's good shit in Copenhagen all the time

Try Switzerland for a musical black hole. Even our festivals are garbage

What stuff are you into? I'm Danish and I'm moving to Copenhagen this summer, but so far I'm pretty disappointed when looking at the options.

I'm mostly into electronic and experimental music, especially for live music.

Mainly rock and downtempo/trip hop

Take a look at this
vega.dk/calendar

Trentemoller on February 25th is a pretty amazing electronic artist

Yeah I know Vega obviously, there's not really anything for me right now. Trentemoller is a bit meh imo, saw part of his show at Roskilde in 2014.

I'm also talking more underground stuff. There was a festival in Aarhus that had both M.E.S.H. and Babyfather, a shame I didn't go. Culture Box seems to be pretty much exclusively techno/house and then I know of a few other places, but that's as much as I've been able to find.