What's so special about the Balkan "jogurt"...

What's so special about the Balkan "jogurt"? Is it just watered-down yogurt or is there some other reason they can drink it instead of eating it with a spoon? What does it taste like? Why do Greeks eat normal Turk yogurt instead of Slav yogurt?

dunno

it's like a drink you eat to wash out that taste you get in your mouth after you eat something insanely greasy like burek

i don't know what geek yogurt is like but the spoon variant here is called sour milk

yogurt is Greek

but you're not.

prove it

There is no such thing as "Balkan" yogurt. The original recipe is Greek, but the bacteria that makes real yogurt is found only in the air of Bulgaria. The bacteria is called "bacilicus bulgaricus" and cannot be synthetically made.

The reason why its not more popular is because there is an embargo on the yogurt and its almost impossible to find it outside of Bulgarian and other Balkan stores.

It's the juice, man.

The closest thing to balkan yogurt in taste is homemade kefir. I make my own and its great stuff.

Some retards will may believe this.

shush, they don't have to know that.

>What's so special about the Balkan "jogurt"?
you mean yogurt?
supposedly as said, it's the "bacilicus bulgaricus" stuff
other than that it's likely made differently in factories, also you can find it home made

>Is it just watered-down yogurt or is there some other reason they can drink it instead of eating it with a spoon
you can't drink it unless you shake it a lot, what you have in that pic is not yugort, it's aйpян (airian), which is basically watered down yogurt, usually home made with regular shop yogurt. some people add salt to it etc
>What does it taste like
very tasty water? kind of salty and thicker (inb4 cum jokes)
>Why do Greeks eat normal Turk yogurt instead of Slav yogurt?
there are disputes about the origins of many foods in the balkans, and you can prepare them differently and with different materials, i'm not aware of any specific national / ethnic differances tho

fyi, if you put small chucks of cucumber in the arian it become tarator (also again you add diff spices)

history wise i've heard warriors / fighters were given similar food after battle (same with shkembe churba)

>yoğurt
>ayran
>tarator
>işkembe çorbası
Wtf I love empires and colonialism now

I have no idea what that is but it looks fantastic.

>enslaved, massacred and raped for 500 years
>at least we get some tasty food out of it
I'd say we're even

i only know the yogurt whats the rest of them senpai?

ayran is liquid salty yoghurt, it's GOAT for hot days
tarator is similar but served as a cold soup with cucumbers and garlic
skembe is a soup with stomach meat with plenty of garlic and red pepper

they do
bulgaria is a shithole

Greeks had yogurt before the turkic subhumans brought some of their rotten foods to Anatolia.

Is it true that americans don't have baked milk, ryazhenka, snezhok, varetents, kefir, acidophilin, kumys, etc?
They just drink milk?

Ayran is from the Caucasus. The Turkic subhumans just managed to rename foreign food in all those hundrets of years, nothing else.

I thought soured milk is prostokvasha. It can be thick but usually you drink it.

this is Ikibey, a butthurt Turk begging for food in Germany who likes to larp as a Greek even though he clearly doesn't speak Greek

say hi to him, he's shy

You are just angry because I tell the people what a filthy shithole bulgaria is.

I just had some tan(Doogh) with cucumber and dill. I think we got it via Armenia.

we call it kiselo mleko and usually eat it with kachamak/polenta or with spinach

my mom drinks kefir but i cant stand it, the taste is fucking brutal

my parents say it tastes just kile jogurt to them, but to me it tastes a lot more sour and i feel it's disgustin aura in my nose

wtf kefir is delicious. but ryazhenka is better it's not sour but kinda sweet.

bulgarbro is correct, "balkan jogurt" is actually more similar to ayran, i don't know if it's exactly the same thing i havent tried ayran, but in ex-yugoslavia the yogurt is not the same as the yogurt of the rest of the balkans

A burek with yoghurt, fucking delicious

cheburek is better

kefir's amazing.
Maybe it's just the kind we get in australia, but I love how the slightly slimy but rich taste. Is it just the off/sour milk smell that get's you?
Anybody here make kefir? I'm considering it but i'm not sure how strong/creamy homemade kefir is.

That looks like an empanada, to be found in Spain, Portugal and all over Latin America

Probably not the same. It has very juicy mutton meat inside.

>Yatağını topla dediler.