youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0kCn5YRE0
youtu.be/QBH993iEM0s
youtube.com/watch?v=zop28gjcOUc
youtube.com/watch?v=EnlPXIiFIEg
youtube.com/watch?v=4G5nIYSPOnQ
pkwst.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

djam

tfw you play a sick riff but then you listen to it later and you just played a deafheaven intro

atmoshit

why is manowar so supreme

seeing them this friday kek

>tfw you write a riff then discover a new band that uses the same riff

poor man's Virgin Steele

mods are asleep

post albums thatAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAorEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=-1--42alLvc

Because you aren't afraid of yourself

This is now a death metal thread
Post death metal
youtube.com/watch?v=qnyL3T6733E
youtube.com/watch?v=atSdfuiQqFc
youtube.com/watch?v=SrGck5GJmDQ

Explain to me why Deafheaven is bad.

Hell yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=BWtmav_vuDE

>emo
>screamo
>pepto bismol
>more in common with indie rock than metal

Deceased are not death metal.

lol whatever fag

fucking kek

youtube.com/watch?v=laDHa9o7cHw

This album is really good holy shit

RIFFS

OH NOOO
I FEEL I'M DREAMIN' AGAIN

What does /metal/ think of cattle decap?

I'm more impressed with the keyboards
Then again, I'm a progfag

They have some solid records, but they're mostly mediocre.

Mediocre Grind band that wrote a good Death Metal record then decided to make the same album again but strip it of the parts that made the other one good.

Memeing aside they are putting out some of the best death metal records of our time, I forgive them being a little overproduced just on the quality of their songwriting alone
Josh is one of my all time favourite dm vocalists too

is this meme or actually good
describe it

Never post here again

>progressive death metal
>metal band is socially progressive in that they want all humans to die

>tfw you play a sick riff, forget it immediately and can't remember what you did no matter how hard you try.
8 years later and I'm still mad.

My dad just heard me listening to Revenge and he, and I quote, "thought the fucking house was falling down"

It's not a meme, you fucking idiot. It's a solid fucking death metal album filled with tremendous riffs.

See

Darkthrone's black metal and fake punk albums are memes, lad

delet this

Punk albums range from total mediocrity to complete shit, their black metal era is great.

Soulside posting has gone too far

Ive been listening to this all day, its actually good Sup Forums

It's Riffside, my dude.

Is Moonchild the best first track Maiden had on any of their albums?

Prowler is #1

I like it, though I wouldn't say it's as incredible as memers make it out to be.

I'd say it's like a cross between entombed and darkthrone's subsequent unholy trilogy, in that has a swedish death metal sound but an early 90s norwegian black metal vibe or attitude to it.

As much as I love their s/t, and even though prowler has that great solo, Moonchild is probably Bruce's apex.

Can I get some good powerthrash recs?
especially if there are harsh vocals thrown in the mix, would be appreciated

US power scene should do the trick, bands like Agent Steel and Liege Lord.

Enjoyable.
>tfw saw them live and the sound management was fucking awful
Festivals with 30k visitors at 100€s a Ticket can't even get that right, fucking hell...

What are some (at least relatively) big, really well loved bands or albums that you somehow only became a fan of recently that make you wonder where the hell you've been all this time?

I got into pantera only last year, I don't know why they never clicked with me before, but I thoroughly enjoy the fuck out of Cowboys from Hell, Vulgar Display and Southern Trendkill (the latter was the album that got me into them). I've heard some people say they'd never have been shit without dimebag, but I think Phil was a great vocalist and frontman for them.

Pantera is one of those white trash """fun""" bands that are obnoxious and boring as fuck to listen to on your own but if you have couple of friends and you are drinking together then it's the most fun in the world

Phil, during his prime, was fucking great and a force to reckon with.

I've only recently got into Bolt Thrower and they're fucking amazing. Shame about the drummer, but that's life.

Are there any metal bands which sound like Born of Osiris but are actually good?

>there are people ITT that don't like Darkthrone's crust/thrash albums

Haven't heard any of them. Where do i start?

i sure hope you guys don't ironically or unironically enjoy black metal if you are over 20 years of age

By skipping them entirely

Circle The Wagons

After The Burial - Rareform (reissue)
Make sure its the reissue, the original production job is abysmal

Deathspell Omega. Only heard about them with the release of Synarchy. Literally have no idea where the FUCK I've been. I fucking love this band and they're already in my top 5 favourite bands even after only listening to them for a couple of months.

Speaking of DsO, what are some bands I should listen to?

Because the bands they're dedicating homages to did it far better then they did. Total Death is good, and one of the rare DT albums I can listen to after their black metal era. Arctic Thunder was solid and a return to their bm era, which I really liked.

>"I hope you don't enjoy genres I don't XDDD"
Fuck off.

read

Nice yeah I only got into Bolt Thrower a couple years ago myself. Which album are you digging the most? I think ...For Victory is their best.

Arctic Thunder is the best Darkthrone have been since the 90s.

I love Mercenary, Realm Of Chaos, Mercenary and War Master the most, but I also quite like ...For Victory. They have killer riffs and are one of the fewer bands that keep their quallity so consistent.

Shining

I only ever listened to Halmstead for the longest time, which is an album I don't like very much in all honesty. Then one day I just decided to give their other albums a go and ended up really enjoying them. Turns out Kvarforth has a band with Maniac too (Skitliv) that I found out about after I got more into Shining, and that also ended up being really enjoyable for me

Help me /metal/-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Until recently, I wouldn't touch death metal with a 20 foot pole. I tried a few bands here and there, but nothing really clicked. Then one day, I stumbled upon a band by the name of Jungle Rot, and I fucking loved how goddamn groovy they were. But my question is, does really groovy death exist, or is it just these guys?

>tfw Agalloch broke up and now theres nothing but salt between Jon and the other three members whenever I hear of them

>tfw listening to the Mantle on my way to school as a 13 year old

What a time to be alive.

It's not. People are just pissed because they play Black Metal without looking like your average black metal band, so they just try to justify themselves with shitty excuses.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0kCn5YRE0

>listening to Agalloch when you were 13

That's a memory I wish I had. I was listening to Trivium and other metalcore garbage when I was 13. Also rap.

Opinions on pic related?

I was listening to Avantasia, like a lot of Avantasia

Agalloch break up made me cry a little to be honest, really loved the band.

I was listening to Linkin Park, and honestly thought they were the best band ever.

I don't even listen to Deafheaven, nor did I listen to Sunbather, but why do black metal fans hate even the slightest out of the norm band? Isn't the purpose of black metal to be completely different?

Fellas, I wanna listen to Napalm Death, where do I start? I know Scum is a must for historical value, but they got quite a number of albums, what would you reccomend?

Start with Scum and go through their discography chornologically.

it's not out yet - anticipating it even though I'm not huge on the more beatdown direction they took on I Am King, preferred the more chaotic hardcore sound they had before

Yes and then a sub-culture was created based on the scene that had developed and then certain people became martially dedicated to preserving it for some reason and now as a result of Deafheaven being Deafheaven you're seeing people shit post about it on a Javanese Wood Carving site

It leaked yesterday, and it's pretty solid. They sound more chaotic on this one, it's almost powerviolence on some tracks.

a fucking banjo
youtu.be/QBH993iEM0s

The Anthropocene Extinction is AOTY 2015

NOT FUCKING INTENSE ENOUGH
I WANT TO BE COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED WITH INTENSITY
I NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS
ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS & BRUTALITY

Wormed, Ulcerate, Pyrrhon, The Alkaloid, Portal, Gorguts, Watain

youtube.com/watch?v=zop28gjcOUc

youtube.com/watch?v=EnlPXIiFIEg

youtube.com/watch?v=4G5nIYSPOnQ

Try some Dying Fetus or Abominable Putridity, they definitely have groove/bounce IMO

I've listened to the leak twice so far. It's pretty good, I'd say 7/10 will listen again. That being said all the leaks I've found are missing the final two tracks.

Absolutely loving the vocals on Enbilulugugal, scathing shit
First one was just an extreme treble overload, beneath the distortion it was nothing special
Third one sounds like p. good black metal

Honestly, I'd say start with one of their most recent albums (Apex Predator or Utilitarian) and work back/jump around from there. They fucking rule and the modern production makes them a slightly easier listen until you're comfortable/familiar with the band.

Check out Sexcrement

Someone else actually likes Enbillulugugal holy fuck dude I did not see that coming.

You'd probably like the black noise genre, give it a shot. I especially rec Gnaw their Tongues (same guy as De Magia Veterum, everything he touches is good desu), Wold's Screech Owl album is fucking something, and also check out Jute Gyte, he does some really amazing things that pretty much no one else is doing, albeit he's not always soul crushingly heavy, give Old Ways and Young Eagle a try.

Also Teitanblood if you aren't already aware of them, and then there's Pissgrave who just go hard and that's about it

I meant to post this image and forgot to

Which Gnaw Their Tongues album do you recommend?

Monstrosity
Sotajumala
Ouroboros
Soreption

All the Dread Magnificence of Perversity if you want more noise, Eschatological Scatology for a more black metal heavy release, and "Per Flagellum Sanguemque, Tenebras Veneramus" for a more industrial sound

for all slaves a song of false hope is for sure the best thing they've done

It's literally all good dude

metal for this feel?

you might dig this project. i ran into this dude at a show, he'd just gotten back into phoenix after being on the road and he had some tapes and cd-r's he left at the door of the venue. personally it's not my thing, but he seemed like a cool guy.

pkwst.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for this man, I'm enjoying this. Spooky ambience and atmosphere along with some fucked up black metal sounds mmf

>I think it would be a very unfortunate move to call Phil [Anselmo] a poser. He is one of us – meaning he has been in the game for a long time, he is still into metal and he don’t take any crap from no one. People are entitled to like Darkthrone if they play in ABBA for all I care, this is a typical reaction from the “UNDERGROUND METALHEADS”, people that should probably be collecting stamps instead of being into music. ARGH! hahahaha

T E X A S

Would work better if he'd be better at banjo but still good shit, a gimmick but still, one that made me smile this frosty morning

They hate it because it isnt kvlt