CHINA'S RICHEST MAN TELLS AMERICA TO STOP WASTING MONEY

Alibaba founder Jack Ma, who has been busy trying to get into Donald Trump's "circle of trust", spoke in Davos and blamed the problems of the United States on the United States itself, as a country which has spent trillions of dollars to wage war, instead of investing in infrastructure and its own people.

Asked by Andrew Ross Sorkin about Trump's decision to impose new tariffs on Chinese imports to protect domestic American manufacturers, Ma said blaming China for any economic issues in the U.S. is misguided. If America is looking to blame anyone, Ma said, it should blame itself.

"It's not that other countries steal jobs from you guys," Ma said. "It's your strategy. Distribute the money and things in a proper way."

According to Ma, the US wasted over $14 trillion in fighting wars over the past 30 years rather than investing in infrastructure at home. Ma named this as the main reason that the US economy is weakening.

Other urls found in this thread:

chinalawblog.com/2011/04/fellowes_brought_to_its_knees_in_china_blame_the_joint_venture.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I agree

true

>tfw china will BTFO of america in my lifetime
i already started learning chinese senpai

The US has pretty reasonable infrastructure. The one thing they should have invested the money in is education, so their jobless could have learned a new craft and find a new place in society.

>The US has pretty reasonable infrastructure.

You've obviously never travelled around America.

You know there's a problem in your country when you turn military, religion and education into a big business.

Mate, it is possible to reach pretty much any place of note. That counts as reasonable.
For your country to thrive, people just need to be able to properly commute within the large cities, not be able to reach some desert or the other within as little time as possible.

>"It's not that other countries steal jobs from you guys," Ma said. "It's your strategy. Distribute the money and things in a proper way."

That's roughly equivalent to saying that your strategy in a ballgame is to win, and if you lost it's because you didn't win.

>just invest in infrastructure

For what, exactly? Transport costs in the US are already pretty low and things arrive in a timely fashion.

nah it made itself an unstoppable juggernaut and successfully controls more puppet states than any other power.

America is actually in first place right now, and if anyone tries to catch up it's game over for them.

Nigga China won't last another 15 years at this rate, It's reliant on a stable middle class and exporting cheap shit to America. It's a castle made of paper. They are what Japan was in the early 90's right now.

>Transport costs in the US are already pretty low and things arrive in a timely fashion
yeah maybe for your delivery burgers

>That's roughly equivalent to saying that your strategy in a ballgame is to win, and if you lost it's because you didn't win.

no you fat msg loaded fuck, plenty of your american MNCs make big bucks, its your job to court them into investing into your country to provide them with professionals etc etc

american railroads are terrible, m8.

Better than your infrastructure. Your bullshit roads are why finns dominate formula 1

We have the best freight rail in the world.

talking about passenger transportation, obviously.

He's correct. This is why Trump's "America First" brand of populism won him the election, Americans are sick of their government shelling out trillions of dollars to prop up their global empire whilst infrastructure, education standards, and social cohesion are neglected and left to decay.

Trump's presidency could really go either way, if he is effective he may accelerate the economic recovery by downsizing the enormous and overgrown federal government, simplifying the country's tax code, and skewing the playing field back in favour of small businesses. If he is ineffective he'll be seen as an embarassing footnote in America's history and it will increase social alienation amongst both his critics and supporters, further polarising society as a whole.

Chinese infrastructure is a joke though; they just build according to arbitrary state quotas regardless of whether there's any use/demand for it.

>yeah maybe for your delivery burgers
All deliveries I've had arrived on time. Our infrastructure is fine and the construction sector is growing at 12% annually

2ND AMENDMENT MOTHER FUCKER

We're not talking about China...

This is also true and will lead to an economic bubble similar to Japan's in the 90s (except on a much larger scale).

>whether there's any use/demand for it.
classic case of state investment.

>its your job to court them into investing into your country to provide them with professionals etc etc

This already happens.

No one can compete with China on cost though, even if investments are unsafe. Even when shit like this happens: chinalawblog.com/2011/04/fellowes_brought_to_its_knees_in_china_blame_the_joint_venture.html
, people will still invest in China because environmental regulations/worker protection hardly exists or isn't enforceable on a wide scale.

America's doing fine in non-heavy industry sectors, and even there high quality machinery is still doing very well. IIRC it's the USA's largest export by value, it's just it can't compete on the low quality, cheap goods where labor/raw materials as opposed to processing/machining is proportionately a much larger part of the cost, especially as shipping costs have plummeted. This kind of shift was inevitable.

>STOP WASTING MONEY
but this is the business model of alixpress

careful m8

Our civilian rail is excellent with safe and reliable service. We just don't need it, or want it, for crossing the country

China is a paper tiger

>haven't completed our five year plan yet
>let's cut another 500 square kilometres of forest to make way for a bunch of apartments no one's ever going to live in
Pretty funny for these people to think they can advice the US tbqh.

Confirmed for having never ridden Amtrak

nice trips btw

then just... get people to do high quality machinery?

Yep China's facing pretty serious problems as a result of it's many failed state ventures, doesn't mean that Ma isn't right though.

I've ridden amtrak many times in and out of seattle and NYC, literally 0 problems. The only infrastructure problems to be found in the US are due strictly to state level corruption ( see chris christie)

I KNOW
I KNOW I'VE LET YOU DOWN

>getting told by China's dwarven billionaire

kek he may be a chink but he has a very good point

>A thread about China
>Singapore and Philippines flag comes to defend China

Really makes you think

are you the same guy that posts this in every thread where china is mentioned?

>defend

even if i wasn't, chink boy still has a point tho

What does china even spend on its own people except make-work basic labor? People have been eerily silent on things like chinese healthcare, university costs, not to mention labor rights

After all that USA has done for you country you treacherous flip

Top quality Chinese banter

Only so much demand.

Problem is, the emerging markets don't have money for that kind of stuff. They can only afford cheap Chinese knock-offs and shit quality items; mopeds, cheap solar panels, etc. It'll be decades before anyone in Botswana or Tanzania or Afghanistan is actually concerned about buying proper aircraft, production machinery, planes, electrical manufacturing equipment and the like. It'll be Chinese rip-offs of poorly made, low quality but otherwise identical John Deere/Range Rover/whatever models until then, because god fucking forbid the American Chamber of Commerce actually decide to act on intellectual property complaints, hell might freeze over before then.

Had a friend go at a Chinese manufacturer at the last expo we went to in Shanghai, he's an engineer/designer at Land Rover and he came across a literally identical shittily made Chinese model of a car he helped design, got into a shouting match with the company rep. w/e

what the fuck is wrong with these people? i thought gooks are civilized?

Communism destroyed any civilization China once had.

TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN

Why is no one talking about how hot she is?

>what the fuck is wrong with these people? i thought gooks are civilized?

>mainlanders
>civilized

Pick one and only, ONLY one.

What you think of Chinese people are Hakka, Malay Chinese or other overseas Chinese. They're generally based as fuck.

Mainlanders are universally hated in overseas Chinese communities because they're a bunch of uncouth, extraordinarily unpleasant peasants.

>For what, exactly?
like having first world train

She looks a bit fake tbqh

Cities are to far apart. 4 days by train between LA and NYC. 5 hours by plane and 1/3 the price. Even if high speed train could do it twice as fast it would still be 2 days.

The fuck are you on about? They're not needed because they're too slow to be of any use.

not necessarily between places that far
don't you think a maglev or an high speed train in New England or California could be beneficial?

"The American multinational companies made millions and millions of dollars from globalization," Ma said. "The past 30 years, IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, they've made tens of millions — the profits they've made are much more than the four Chinese banks put together. ... But where did the money go?"

One answer: a couple of offshore bank accounts, or - now that Rothschild is managing Nevada tax havens - onshore.

He added that the U.S. is not distributing or investing its money properly, and that's why many people in the country feel wracked with economic anxiety. Ma added that too much money flows to Wall Street and Silicon Valley. Instead, the country should be helping the Midwest, and Americans "not good in schooling," too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop

This guy should be president

>New England or California
The East coast has a good train system. They are building one in California but I dont think it will ever be finished.

Everyone here is gay

>He added that the U.S. is not distributing or investing its money properly
That's the problem though. As I explained, Chinese infrastructure is built around arbitrary state quotas, ergo how can this guy talk trash about the US?

China is investing in local infrastructure, education and inseting in infrastructure and education in Africa to build their next big consumer market of the future.

>Chinese infrastructure
China is an absolute shithole. Even in Shanghai, the most civilized part. There is some peasant with an ox cart and a load of hay in front of the 130 floor financial building.

what if some terrorist makes a hole in the tube?

Does she have a rich daddy or something?

Who has more power, money, and influence in China

Jack Ma

or

LiHeJun

?

Then I hope they catch it on tape

I think the pics that guy posted earlier should drive that point home.

American butthurt is delicious

>Chinese infrastructure is garbage

A bit of a meme tbqh, they have a very extensive railway network

I don't think you'd want to ride on a Chinese passenger rail.

>smelly, rattletrap cars full of crying children, filthy peasants tracking mud everywhere, soldiers on leave from the army, etc
>safety standards near-nonexistent as well

>We just don't need it, or want it, for crossing the country
the eternal sour grapes. You should travel to Europe sometimes, m8.

>American trains

The US is a _bit_ bigger than the Netherlands.

Once this CCP proxy bot gets done posting... :^) (^:

USA is not bigger than China

You posted freight rail

China still uses a lot of steam locomotives. Those bullet trains you see in pics are slapped together with chewing gum and duct tape for state propaganda purposes.

commiefornia is already too expensive and the highway system and roads are very good (for the most part). The US is a automobile country, always has been. Trains just aren't in our culture.

China is also significantly poorer and few people outside the coastal cities own a car. However, the rail system in China is also to a large extent for strategic purposes and to service the PLA.

>China still uses a lot of steam locomotives.
{{citation requried}}

>Trains just aren't in our culture.
see

that looks badass as fuck imho

and your gps system was originally for the US military, what's your point

>China is also significantly poorer therefore they afford better infrastructure

Terrible logic

>Trains just aren't in our culture
Eh? The railroads occupy a huge part of American folklore/history. But after WWII, the event of the interstate system and mass produced automobiles eliminated the need for passenger rail.

>Implying LA couldn't use a half decent rail system to free up the traffic build up.
That's not how that meme works. There needs to be something to be sour about.

China does have rural poor, but the govt is focusing on dragging them out of poverty

This year to 2020 will be key years for china, we may see them finally stop relying on low tier production, or be stuck in the middle income trap

>guy who's never been to China
LOLno. Their infrastructure is not near First World status, it's 30 years behind the US and Western Europe. Like I said, they still heavily use steam engines which most Western countries phased out in the 1950s.

>China does have rural poor, but the govt is focusing on dragging them out of poverty

>600 million rural poor
Not happening.

Chinese govt has a shiton of power, might just happen

Their airlines and airports can use some major work as well. Speaking as someone who had to take an AirChina flight from Beijing to Xian and than to Urumqi, the reliability as well as the food becomes worse and worse the further east you go. One of the worst travel experience's I've ever done.
He's not wrong dude. China is modernizing at a rapid pace, but a huge amount of the country is still stuck 50+ years in the past.

>disrespecting F40PH

(DELETE THIS in train robber)

Authoritarian governments are less efficient and more bottlenecked than democratic governments. The Soviet Union bore this out.

west*