The xx – I See You

>tfw it's as bad as feared

>419▶
>>tfw it's as bad as feared
fuck

Haven't listened yet but I've literally heard nothing but bad things
Whats up with it?

Just listened to this. It was really mediocre.

They'll be one of those bands that produce one good album and then nothing but trash I guess.

it doesn't sound as a the xx album, it's toooo happy, and jamie does what he wants with the instrumentals. the songwriting is quite bland in most of the tracks too.

Coexist is underrated desu, it has some of their best tracks

>it has some of their best tracks

You really think so? It was a huge disappointment to me when it first came out. Might give it another listen actually.

I was really unimpressed at first but on further reconsideration I realized that this actually one of the top 50 albums that came out in 2017

You've heard 50 albums from 2017 already?

no but it got BNM. So It's obviously a great album

>and jamie does what he wants with the instrumental
That was the thing i was looking to with this album too. A shame that didn't work out

>no but it got BNM. So It's obviously a great album

pitchfork gives BNM to literally any black dude that can make a beat

Damn. Jamie must be a lightskin then.

Most people dismissed it cause it's too minimal but that's what makes it beautiful. It also has that Jamie's UK garage/dubstep influence which I love. Angels, Chained, Sunset, all great tracks.

Yeah, perhaps they should have offed the xx and started a new project.

wtf i love jamie now

>'I chase the night....
>....or does the night chase me?'

Really made me think.

woah... deep...

link?

yeah link please

LINK

It's not hard to find

welcome to the land of newfags

it's not bad desu.

>Trisquel
What a lad

I liked it.

acutally Sup Forums is the only page where you can read nothing but bad things about this record. critics seem to give it a 8/10 most of the time.

We don't get paid for reviews

xD

a website link for the poor?

I'm on track 9.

This is pretty good tbqh. Sounds like In Colour filtered through a full-band with more Dream Pop tendencies rather than anything electronic.

Note the predicted garbage at all.
A good album, Jamie is on point. I love when he can do what he want, he seems to be more free after "In Color".
7.5/10 imo

>pitchfrok paid by disny

this

Don't know why everyone is trashing it so much. It's more upbeat, but that's a pretty logical progression of their sound considering the acclaim Jamie's got in the past few years, it's a hell of a lot better than Coexist in any case, there's one or two tracks that don't really go anywhere but there's also some great standouts

I'm one of the few people it seems who really loves "On Hold" so I'm still optimistic.

Hmmm

On Hold is a good song and a good choice for the lead-off single.

They should've put out Dangerous or Lips as the 2nd single instead of Say Something Loving though. Dangerous, especially. Really caught me off guard the first time i heard it. First song this band has ever made that i'd consider dancey.

I'm listening to this now and it's p good. A Violent Noise stood out to me especially. It's definitely not the same as their first two albums but did people really want more of that stuff?

i hated it desu, not for me at all