Isn't Uncle Benjen the heir to Winterfell?

Since he's alive...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSuXBVv4ppY
gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Laws_and_Customs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>alive

wew lad. Also I think his priorities right now are stopping the White Walkers, not going south to be involved in squabbles over land.

Bran and Rickon are still alive anyway

No he's dead. Plus Rickon and Bran are alive. Even Jon's ahead (but needs legitimacy).

Sons come first in the line of succession, so Bran would inherit.

He's basically a wight so no. Plus the real heir is Bran then Rickon.

Even if he's not undead he's part of the Night's Watch, so no

He is a member of the Night's Watch. That forsakes all titles/entitlements. He is Stark in name only now.

he died and came back making his watch over though like Jon.

Why did Benjen even join the NW in the first place?

>Even Jon's ahead
No. Females cannot transfer inheritance when they are not eligible themselves. This is what caused further centuries of war between England and France. Jon is not a successor because Lyanna is not an heir.

He's not an heir because the Night's Watch makes you forsake all inheritances.

brain functions require bloodflow that requires a heart. Thus he must be alive. He's the heir Winterfell needs.

he didn't die retards. he got infected and was on the process of becoming a wight but the cotf stopped it with meme magic.

For funsies

kek

Because he was a younger brother and Ned had a son. Youngest children get told to fuck off all the time, especially when your lords wife is a cunt like caitlin

this doe

That undoes his commitment to the Night's Watch, though, it doesn't undo his breaking of his inheritance.

If you dad disowns you because you move to Sweden, then later you move back, that doesn't undo the disownage.

Tully was a Tully a bitch, his father is a Stark so either way he's more legitimate than the faggot cripple.

Jon's mother is Lyanna Stark.
Jon's father is Rhaegar Targaeryen.

Jon is in the line of succession for the Iron Throne, not Winterfell.

Targaeryen's have no right to the throne. They lost it when Bobby B won the throne through conquest.

Usurpers have no right to the throne, and there are no Baratheons left either.

Because when Benjen joined up with the NW, he renounced his titles and inheritance because when he did, his older brother had 5 kids and a bastard and was dynastically secure.

When Ned died, Robb became head of House Stark. And when Robb crowned himself King in the North, he named Jon as his heir. So it gets a bit more muddled.

Jon was named heir by Robb since Robb's wife hadn't given him a child. So Jon could be in line for the throne

Isn't Gendry out there rowing? I mean, he's a Baratheon bastard, but still

this. something reddit dany-fags don't seem to understand.

>muh dragons
>muh diarrhea
>muh fat fucking arms

>he believes the Dany meme

But House Baratheon is effectively a dead house. Technically the last Baratheon is Tommen, but if his lack of Baratheon blood is proven that leaves a vacuum in King's Landing.

Who takes it then? Tyrell's because Margery's Queen? Lannisters by force? Does the Targaeryen claim suddenly hold more influence?

Aegon is the heir, if they ever bring him up in the show. Otherwise, it's Jon.

I think being a zombie disqualifies you more than being in the Watch

Stannis's fetus jars become king.

>thinking Stannis is dead

I'm actually really sad that one of the great houses has ended. Fucking Renly messed up everything.

Except he's Ned Stark's son. No one cares about your bookfag faggotries

High Sparrow will take it leaving King's Landing a religious cult for the White Walkers to come and take over

He didn't die, pay attention to the dialogue. Night's Watch oaths still hold.

I think Targaeryen would probably have the strongest claim and most support if this was a realistic medieval society, but I would imagine it's basically up for grabs by whomever can take it and hold it.

>Jon Snow is totally Ned Stark's son
>The whole Tower of Joy flashback is for nothing

that would actually be a good twist to anger all the R+J nerds

The current heir to Winterfell is Bran Stark. Inheritance rights pass through the eldest. It skips Benjen entirely, because Ned is older. Ned still has eligible heirs in Bran and Rickon. Assuming Bran being crippled somehow invalidates him (it doesn't) this means Rickon is eligible.

Jon has no rights at all because he's a bastard.

Sansa would only get it if everyone but Jon was dead or somehow gave it up. Benjen would have inheritance over Sansa.

Well then he's a deserter.

The flashback was to show Ned's ebic anime fight. Lyanna was getting raped and then killed, it takes 9 months to have a baby you kissless basement dweller.

Been reanimated and controlled using Teke

>Rickon

Kek.

Nigga's gonna get an arrow to the back

Why? He is just on an extended patrol.

Yes he did, and was about to become a white walker zombie before the Children took over.

it's very common for second and third sons in northern noble families to join the night's watch

He's not on any patrol, they went out with a specific mission and a target, not just 'on patrol'. If he survived and retreated then he should have been making his way back to his superiors to report in for new orders.

Starks have manned the wall for thousands of years. Or something along these lines. It's probably a family tradition that every generation the younger brother takes the black as long as there's an heir to the family.

>about to become

Never did, never died.

Granted, but I bet the First Ranger has special discretion when in the field.

You mean ruseman Targareyn?

Nah D&D will never introduce a legit competitor to the fat khaleesi.

what is Ned Stark slept with a Targaeryen woman fucking up the whole R+L=J theory?

In the show, it shows that Ned's stories/honor isn't exactly truthful with that guy getting stabbed in the back & everything....

How long do you think a war takes you ignorant cuck?

Alternatively, Renly does the duty by his brother Stannis giving him the support of the Tyrells as well as the Stormlords. They defeat the Lannisters at the battle of blackwater and the remaining Lannister supporters are rooted out. The Martells and the Arryns can be convinced to join the Baratheons because they have no love for the Lannisters. Then they will have the force of the entire south behind them. The Starks and the Greyjoys will then have no choice but to bend the knee ending the war. They could even send Robb Stark Joffrey's head in return for submission. So there is no red wedding as the war ends quickly. Aye, Renly ruined everything. Thinking about what should have happened makes you realize how much this series sucks. All the good characters are killed off for muh shocking deaths so children and teenagers with superpowers and dragons can take the forefront in a really stupid ending.

Because he was the third in line to inherit Winterfell after Brandon and Ned. The Starks are all about honor and I suppose it's more honorable to take the black when you stand to inherit nothing than to fuck around your whole life.

I'm not a GOT fan but I saw this discussion so I wanted to ask: what exactly do people mean by "right" to the Iron Throne. Is this traditional, legal? Because from what little I know about the plot it seems people are fighting for control over the Throne, so really, how does someone have a right to it? Just wondering thanks guys

>tfw this series will end with Jon marrying Danny and both of them ending up ruling Essos and Westeros with Tyrion as hand.

Literally going to be the worst ending to a tv series, I seriously cannot stand Danny, she is the most annoying cunt I have ever seen. And she's an absolute slag who has had half the men in Essos inside her, and Jon is the kind of cuck to marry a slag.

In society, everyone thinks they have "the right" or "entitled" to anything...

Even in a fantasy realm

OK, I was taking it more literally from the way these guys were talking:

>Undead
>Took the black

No.

>thinking Stannis is dead

Dumbshits who have never seen drama. If they really killed Stannis you would have seen the blade plunge in his heart with the music and blood gurgling and all the shit.

He's alive and it's painfully obvious. He will be the final boss vs D+J

He won't be able to pass thru the wall, he'll be like cold hands and the walls meme magic won't allow benjen thru

>Last scene of the show is Danny Fucking with Daario while Jon watches, as he leaves the room Tyrion says "well at least you have a cock, even if you don't get to use it" turns to camera *winks* fades to black

Why didn't he go back to The Wall? What was he doing this whole time? He got saved by the CotF and then...?

>Since he's alive...

I bet you think the Mountain is alive as well.

>He is a member of the Night's Watch

He's dead so he's not part of that shit anymore. Just like JOn.

We found the cuck.

Whoever sits on the Iron Throne, is actually the ruler of everything. In the whole history universe, there have been many families or "houses" who have fought & taken the throne passing down to their families...

It's a whole cluster-fuck and that's why they call it "game of thrones."

read the history online or watch youtube videos.

Here's a good video of the history before -
youtube.com/watch?v=XSuXBVv4ppY

here's customs:
gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Laws_and_Customs

BRAVO, DND

Movement requires muscles, which require ATP and oxygen and lots of other shit that get to muscles by blood flow from a pumping heart.

And yet there are fighting skellingtons that appear distressed when you stab them through their jangly ribcage.

Its magic m8

>Aegon
>blackfyre
Your silly

I feel like Pirate man should be saying that lying

He wasn't disowned. He was welcome at Winterfell, he chose to take the black

the mountain is alive.

Cleganebowl.

>he got infected and was on the process of becoming a wight

Say what? It's not zombie plague. Either you're alive or you're (un)dead.

if everyone's dead though, you can come through and get your rights back.

>Jon was named heir by Robb since Robb's wife hadn't given him a child. So Jon could be in line for the throne

Did this happen in the show?

He felt guilty for letting Lyanna escape with Rhaegar, thus literally help start a war

I'm wondering the same thing :/

Ned didn't lie about killing the sword of the morning

>The finest knight I ever saw was Ser Arthur Dayne, who fought with a blade called Dawn, forged from the heart of a fallen star. They called him the Sword of the Morning, and he would have killed me but for Howland Reed.

it's called a comparison you fucking moron

I need it brotha

It will never happen

>trial by combat
>cersi chooses mountain
>the faith chooses the hound

yeah because everyone in westeros are aware of fan theorys,retard

>The finest knight I ever saw was Ser Arthur Dayne, who fought with a blade called Dawn, forged from the heart of a fallen star, and also another sword at the same time. They called him the Swords of the Morning, and he would have killed me but for Howland Reed.

kek

This stupid theory has to die.

It takes away everything he has fought for as a half-lowborn bastard.

Besides from that there's so much of his father in his personality it's almost uncanny.

Targ shits usurped the throne themselves

I think you have a brain problem
Characteristics are not inherited from blood, they are learned.

If you are raised by a guy for 16 years you tend to take on the qualities of the guy.

>Besides from that there's so much of his father in his personality it's almost uncanny.

Oh yeah that can only come from genes and not fucking raising him

>This stupid theory that is the oldest and most obvious of aSoIaF theories has to die
>because I hate cliches and GRRM promised no cliches

GRRM duped everyone by writing generic high fantasy slop and "cleverly" disguised all the cliches and buried them with characters who we all thought had "plot armor". Simple bait and switch really.

Targaryens literally MADE the damn throne.

>Besides from that there's so much of his father in his personality it's almost uncanny.

nature vs nurture nigga
Ned raised him right

He's takes more after his father than Robb. How do you explain that?

Genetics are a huge part of who you are. Daenerys wasn't raised by her family, and look at her burning people to death left and right. It's in her blood.

I'm glad you can quantify the Nedness of Robb and Jon, both are in totally different positions and have different roles to fill.

You are an idiot.

Dany was raised by her brother, who literally told her every day he wanted to kill everyone who betrayed their family.

Go away.

To be fair in Westeros genetics seem to be serious business

Nigga this ain't fine literature, it's a fucking soap opera in a fantasy setting.

Its confirmed cuck

Thank you. This has been pissing me off since that episode. People are retarded.

Kek, forgot all about those. Do they have kingsblood even though they were """born""" before he was the rightful king? Can they be used to stop it from snowing?
>tfw Shireen is dead because dad forgot the fetus jars at home again

make it stop

maybe stannis is the broken man, like the name of the episode

He died and before he was fully raised as an undead the children stopped it.