General metal thread

Lets get a "my favorite metal album" thread going my doods. My favorite of all time has to be "The Common Man's Collapse" by Veil Of Maya. Very underrated and solid as fuck. Great example of it's genre. Would highly recommend giving it a listen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i_qZpLgvdOI
youtube.com/watch?v=6pDWyOGdPLY
youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po
www114.zippyshare.com/v/PV3i30pT/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=T3UV2YbAIWM
youtube.com/watch?v=SsDacVE9Pus
youtube.com/watch?v=JJyEuV7Alds
youtube.com/watch?v=X3rM97z0rRs
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=1QKx_2yg4cU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shits a little too riffsalad for me
After The Burial's Rareforms is superior Sumeriancore, only the resissue though, the original production job was fucking awful, their original vocalist was even worse

Original? Do you mean the very first guy, or the one off this album?

Oh nvm

I honestly never gave ATB a listen, im kind of turned off by the fact that their guitarist died so im leaning away from their stuff idk its just me.

Does black metal count?

Yes lol, whats funny is aal has a white guy, a mexican, and a black guy. No complaints here!

>Metal thread
>Opens thread with coreshit

Wew

>makes metal thread when /metal/ exists
>it's fucking veil of maya
shiggy

le all core is bad meme
Maybe he made a new thread cause /metal/ is full of cancerous autists who can't give the time of day to anything outside of death/thrash/black metal.

/metal/ only discusses glam these days though
you can discuss core here too you fucking autist, just not mediocre core

I'm not OP, I'm not into veils of maya, but that doesn't mean i'm gonna shit on him over a band he likes.You'll probably understand once you get out of high school.

I never said all core is bad, but Veil of Maya is bad. Also, since core isn't metal, opening a metal thread with a core album is stupid. You are stupid.

After The Burial are the definition of fucking riff salad. They can come up with some sick grooves but it's all stitched together with a bunch of fucking noodly wankery. Rareform is probably the only exception where they managed to write a few coherent songs.

Dig Deep was good though. All of their other albums are shit.

>metal-core

It is metal though. Unless you're strictly talking about hardcore punk, it's a metal offshoot, deal with it.
>METALcore... it's literally in the name.
>DEATHcore... as in like, Death Metal.

>core isn't metal
this is a dead & untrue meme
Tons of metalcore is metal as fuck

>it's a metal offshoot, deal with it
Metal offshoot thread, got it

trivia: the vocalist for wolvhammer and skeletonwitch did vocals on VoM's first album.

Honestly really good. Thought the band was dead.

>we djent now
youtube.com/watch?v=i_qZpLgvdOI

The album is not really djent. That song is the closest it gets.

my fav
listened to it a hundred times by now.
youtube.com/watch?v=6pDWyOGdPLY

So Death metal isn't metal, cause it's an offshoot too, right?

> boohoo the resident metal thread doesn't like my cringey high school-tier core

back to L E D D I T

Veil of maya's first three albums are vastly better than any flavor of the month beardcore like vektor, nails and deathspell

>Implying you know what I listen to.
>Implying /metal/ isn't the most autistic board on Sup Forums despite my taste usually lining up with what gets posted there.

It is good

Sunbather, Meshuggah. Bullet for my Valentine, My Chemical Romance, the list goes on...

but user, you're still in high school and you probably listen to what Sup Forums tells you to listen to

its called prog user

but their last album is their best

you take yourself and your so-called "taste" too seriously
it's a good think we don't have autists like you browsing /metal/, so let's keep it this way

all these bands are equally bad, including veil of maya

> being this angry

and here I thought easily triggered deathcore fans were just a myth

shouldn't you be whining about elitists in the comments of a MetalSucks post?

proge*

Someone post the "metal core isn't music video"

I didnt give it a fair chance, i think theyre production on eclipse was kinda JUST

metalcore is objectively garbage

You mean brutal deathcore and grind isn''t music?

youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po

Asylum Cave from Benighted is one of my favorites...

o! p! i! n! i! o! n!

Very good

>djent is prog

back to r/progmetal

good choice

>implying /metal/ isn't the most untrve general on Sup Forums

this is now a black metal thread

okay

>bait this weak

kys

Pain of Salvation isn't djent stupid blackie

Metal died in 1993. Only 12 good albums have been released since then (most of them in 1994, being already recorded by 1993). Metal achieved its creative peak in albums like Onward to Golgotha, Pure Holocaust, and The Red in the Sky is Ours, elevating the genre into a legitimate art form. Now, thanks to Slaughter of the Soul and Gojira, all its potential was squandered and the genre has been reduced into being mere gimmick ridden noise for drunk idiots (i.e. the lowest common denominator - stop trying to turn underground metal into AC/DC).

>he replies anyway

www114.zippyshare.com/v/PV3i30pT/file.html

new code orange

RIFFÄŒUGE

stop shilling your shitty metalcore band

their newest album is fucking awesome
I've never been a fan but that album changed my mind

Here. Concrete proof.

100% proof that black metal bands whose members get arrested for murder have a RYM average of at least 0.5 points higher than they otherwise would have received without any major felonies.

This is utterly unoriginal, forgettable, corny black metal the way 100s of other bands play it.

BUT.

But one of its members killed an innocent man and that immediately gets some kids' juices flowing, and suddenly they start imagining that they're hearing something SPECIAL when in fact it's well below average.

Ridiculous.

nice pasta

the guy who wrote that has shit taste in metal btw

I may sound like an untrve poser, but can anybody recommend some modern lighter metal? I'm pretty into NWOBHM and early thrash, but beyond that I can't find many bands I like.

Fuck off Qwerty100

Nah dute. I like a lot of -core and -core offshoots, but VoM is literally dmshareguycore.

New Abigor album is almost at our graps, are you ready?

can't say i've ever listened to them, what are they like?

Listen to this.

atmodjent

I actually think jon nodtveidt is an edgy idiot for killing himself
The entire satanism thing is a big meme, and saying it's not a gimmick is part of the gag
Jon was stupid enough to actually fall for it, but nevertheless he made amazing music with dissection. I sort of force myself to see the music separate from the people who make it. It helps me enjoy a lot more music

Solid album, but nothing THAT great.

>comparing death metal to metalcore
Grow the fuck up right now faggot

>core is metal too meme
No, thanks.

>posts progcore

FUCK TSF!
I was so damn shocked when they announced they were splitting up on the first of april.. it wasn't a joke.

My new favorite (because Wes Hauch and Keith Merrow)

youtube.com/watch?v=T3UV2YbAIWM

>He's this autistic

I'm just hoping that when (if?) they pick up a vocalist it's not some shitty deathcore vocalist. All of the tryouts I've seen for them are awful.

bunch of retards in this thread jesus christ

>ctrl+f
>no sign of this album

absolutely plebeian

Guilty pleasure music, especially with some of the repetitive lyrics but holy shit, I'm hooked.
youtube.com/watch?v=SsDacVE9Pus

>has pictures of cartoon women saved on his harddrive
>calls others austic

>Eldar
>Cartoon
>Being this autistic

new here

Are Metallica legit good? or just a dadrock meme

You tried listening to power metal? seems to line up with the request here at least.
Try this to start, came out last year
youtube.com/watch?v=JJyEuV7Alds

first 4 are legit good
s/t is good buttrock
everything else is bad

first four albums are solid but overrated, with ride the lightning being their best, but most of the stuff after that is JUST

also check out drudkh

Ne Obliviscaris is still the best recent prog metal band
youtube.com/watch?v=X3rM97z0rRs

How do you guys feel about atmoblack, deafheaven aside.

most of it's shit

well, the /metal/ thread has been ruined by two autists arguing about rings of saturn, time to revive this one.

what are you lads listening to?

How can someone stand this shit?
The terrible pro-tooled to death production , the whiny clean vocals, the lack of riffs. Its just shit. total garbage.
At least i can get why someone would listen to some deathcore trash like suicide silence because its brainlessly aggressive, but this is just irredeemable.

he's probably a newfag, veil of maya is a pretty good gateway band into good metal

pantera is the shit my d00dz

That's not Leprous
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=1QKx_2yg4cU

the words "veil of maya" and "good" have no place belonging in the same sentence.

leprous would be better if their vocalist would learn a little restraint and stop wailing through every track