Burial literally invented his own style of drum beat rhythm and vocal electronic manipulation that you hear in tons of...

Burial literally invented his own style of drum beat rhythm and vocal electronic manipulation that you hear in tons of music today from edm like disclosure to mainstream pop and rap like drake.

Why don't more people recognize him for being so innovative and influential?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1CZzCRSbKEI
youtube.com/watch?v=cUYgNEwD3gQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f5aulfgmTvY
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZiAL0w1R5g
youtube.com/watch?v=VVycT8k0tjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He re-purposed garage and 2 step, rhythmically he didn't blaze trails
It's always been more about how fucking evocative and atmospheric his stuff is

>Burial literally invented his own style of drum beat rhythm

wow you have no idea dude stop

the beatles probably did it first

even boc did burial before burial

youtube.com/watch?v=1CZzCRSbKEI

..Bruh

post any single example of drumming similar to burial in timbre and timing. you can't

>quantized drums
not even close, retard

>invented his own style of drum beat rhythm
Yeah I'm pretty sure shuffle beats existed before Burial and even before 2step. Try fucking jazz.

why does he have to look so fucking ghoulish? we get it you make atmospheric dance music... fucking smile for once

its cos he wishes he was four tet

>vocal electronic manipulation that you hear in tons of music today from edm like disclosure to mainstream pop and rap like drake.
Not true btw

>burial invented 2-step beats

post examples of those styles before burial then

What are some other stuff like Burial? Especially the kindred EP, those samples are genius

daft punk

ok what else? it's not like i don't know daft punk

youtube.com/watch?v=cUYgNEwD3gQ

And I purposely chose a very well known song. Burial just slowed 2-step a bit and made it darker.

Sup Forums: The Post

He was not the first to do this stuff, but there is no denying he was the one to make it popular. I hear his influence everywhere too.

youtube.com/watch?v=f5aulfgmTvY

He is no where as innovative as you think.
EL-B did burial wayyyyyyyyy before burial:

now stop acting like you're some OG, yank scum.

The rhythms are just syncopated, shuffly drum patterns. He's great at it but that was "invented" a century ago.

He uses a few other tricks, usually for atmosphere and aesthetic (weird EQing, very little deep low end, lots of ambient environmental samples, pitch shifting reverb of some kind) but none of it is innovative, he's just good at executing.

BoC shouldn't even count as IDM. The drum sequencing is super lazy and repetitive.

>IDM is about drum sequencing
I'm getting fucking tired of this IDM meme. It's a made up thing made by a forum in the 90's describing some Warp artists people liked. Fuck off.

because he intentionally stayed out of the public eye. however, he has gotten a fair amount of recognition for the very things you're talking about, so I'm not sure what your point is

next stupid question

>quantized drums
>timbral quality is nowhere similar

try again

IDM is experimental, progressive, and/or innovative dance music. That's all.

I'm aware of the origin and usage.

The words "retard" and "faggot" are still commonly used despite being loaded. IDM is loaded but it's part of the lexicon now. Calling out others for using it is even more pretentious than the acronym itself.

No, I'm pretty sure using the term ''Intelligent Dance Music'' is way more pretentious than calling someone out for not even knowing what the term ''means''.

You said it's a made up term that means nothing, but it's entered the common music vocab and stayed fixed.

Laugh Out Loud sounds stupid, lol stuck. Intelligent Dance Music sounds stupid, IDM stuck. The acronym is greater than the sum of its constituents. English is a dynamic language.

Until a new category term appears and gains traction, I and everyone else will still call it IDM.

idm is fucking wank regardless of what its "connotations" are

fuck off simon

holy shit you're retarded

>lmao PROVE to me that anyone used violins before the beatles!!!!
>HAHA that mozart piece is TOTALLY DIFFERNET BRO it s got DIFFERENT NOTEs and shit@@!!!

>Until a new category term appears
how about calling the albums/tracks by their genre.
Autechre is techno
Selected Ambient Works 85-92 is (like the name suggests) ambient
and Burial is 2 step.

>Burial is 2 step
burial is future garage

T. Someone who clearly learned the phrase "quantized drums" within the past day or so

Because genre isn't the only useful classifier. Autechre, Burial, and Aphex are different genres but share a fundamental cross-genre percussion and mid/high BPM similarity.

"Wave" vs. "core" is another example.

no wonder burial never wanted to talk to ppl
idiots ITT would make me kill somebody

When you start fucking with drum VSTs or drum machines, it's super easy to recognize. Everything sounds straight, griddy, and perfect.

no its just you being an arse because you don't wanna call things what it is.
The artist themselves don't use those terms. why should we?

The critic is the true artist.

t. scaruffi

>this song doesn't 100% match burial's style
>yep! must not be similar!

cunt.

nice non arguments and false analogy

>burial rhythms
>heavily syncopated, out of time (not shuffles, not grooves) drums
>that characteristic metalic tone with lightspeed attack
>weird shit used as rudiments (lighters, videogame samples, etc)
>crackling noise sidechained to the drum channel
>pitchshifted reverb

>the shit you posted
>literally none of the above

see

>inb4 "not 100% similar again!!!"

such a wanker honestly kys

Nice copypasta

>Why don't more people recognize him for being so innovative and influential?
burial is wildly acclaimed and Sup Forums loves him

BTFO

that same song was posted itt and my initial post was quoting it. are you even paying attention?

Name a song with similar rhythms to burial before burial
name a song with metallic sounding drums before burial
name a song with pitch warped and chopped up vocals before burial

nobody here is dissing burial u fucking retard
were just saying theres obvious influences and his shit wasnt created completely out of the blue

>start off argument saying "drum beat rhythms"
>get proven wrong
>now have to start moving the goalposts and bring up things like samples, effects and reverb

0/10 apply yourself

stop posting this transvestite

I'm not op

you sure about that op

youtube.com/watch?v=VVycT8k0tjM

the truth is that he was an amateur trying to recreate garage beats on shitty software without a sequencer and he ended up making something good by a fluke really.

thats why hes been struggling to make anything good when he moves away from that style, he is a fluke.