I think i just took a huge red pill. i think the earth is actually FLAT

i think i just took a huge red pill. i think the earth is actually FLAT

Other urls found in this thread:

physics.weber.edu/amiri/physics1010online/WSUonline12w/OnLineCourseMovies/CircularMotion&Gravity/reviewofgravity/ReviewofGravity.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GY0xhUOL3vM
youtube.com/watch?v=SA89iDq7PzE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is your skincolor as dark as pic related?

does it matter?

It's not true.
My younger sister is a dentist and she can confirm earth is round.

bump for disproven.

No it's not

how do you know though?

it's physically impossible, and has no evidence...

Because it's obviously round?

The Horizon

this

it's so easy to disprove it, you can do it in dozens of different ways with no effort

but like how? i wanna see where it's obviously a ball

horizon has never looked curved to me ever

where's the evidence that it is round though,

disprove it please?

Day/night couldn't happen like they do if it was flat
Done

Evidence is all around you. Just look.

i am looking, and looking is what's causing me to believe it isn't a giant ball at all

it could though, the sun could be WAY closer than they say it is, and it can just light up half of the earth while the other half is lit by the moon. this is honestly not that outlandish, if you compare it to the sun being billions of miles away but hitting earth at just the right spot and right temperature.

If it was way closer then the earth would get roasted.

>i am looking, and looking is what's causing me to believe it isn't a giant ball at all
why

Yes it always matters.

nigga u dumb smh

shut yo fool ass up dawg lol

no, because the sun can be smaller and less hot than they say.

because my 5 senses and even mathematics and experiments point to flat earth..and that gravity isn't even a thing.

Jump off your roof and say gravity isn't a thing

>no, because the sun can be smaller and less hot than they say.
then the earth would be freezing...

No, you took a gullible retard pill, user .

>because my 5 senses
yup, totally infallible factors. there has been no instances in recorded history where our senses haven't been facetious 100%.

that claim doesn't even make sense when you understand that you aren't standing on a small ball, you're standing on a sphere that dwarfs you a trillion:1, so of course your puny self can't see the curvature. it's like expecting an ant to be able to see the curvature of the new years ball while it's standing on it.

>even mathematics and experiments point to flat earth..and that gravity isn't even a thing.
great evidence. super specific. ty for sources. cuz really...if flat earth existed, current gps configurations wouldn't work

that doesn't have to be gravity that can just be my density just falling through the air hitting a sturdy surface

noo, you would have to eliminate everything you know about the universe. earth is the center here and the sun is our ray of light. not the solar systems, but it's for US. the size, temperature and distance are alll made up by nasa religion

Why would your density fall down without gravity pulling it down?

It's completely outlandish and makes no sense. How would it even orbit earth?

my 5 senses are in fact infallible, because how else would anyone know the earth was round hundreds of years ago? they would have to guess. yes, but the mathematics of the proportions we can get the curvature and it just isn't there. the only reason the ant would be on a ball is because we see it. but who sees us on the ball of earth?

read the law of gravity

physics.weber.edu/amiri/physics1010online/WSUonline12w/OnLineCourseMovies/CircularMotion&Gravity/reviewofgravity/ReviewofGravity.html

how do we even know the variables in this formula?

We have endless pics and footage of the round earth

who knows? the fact that things orbit each other in the first place is just theories, i guess this explains it

youtube.com/watch?v=GY0xhUOL3vM

the seasons
the horizon
the star positions
shape of other planets

and so on, pick any of them as disproof of a flat world

not a theory, a fact

given to us by who though? i thought the pictures were real too

youtube.com/watch?v=SA89iDq7PzE

there's non NASA pics and video dumbass

seasons can be explained. horizon is always flat

star positions are all relative to where we stand on a flat OR round earth..the shape of other planets are circles sure..but who's to say that they are actually "planets" and the actual size that they tell us

yeah, but they're all from space agencies. they can all be in cohoots. it wouldn't be the first time..it doesnt even have to be everyone in the organizations...just the ones running it

seasons can't be explained on a flat earth, and there wouldn't even be a horizon on a flat earth, that there is one at all proves it's round

there's amateur footage too

That's just fantasy with no evidence

show me them

of course they can, the sun moves away from the souther hemishphere during summer in the north, then it moves back slowly for winter in the north and summer in the south. look at the sun video i linked. the mathematical equations are the SAME for flat or ball. that's so fishy to me.

also, horizons are just your plane of vision .. it has nothing to do with a flat earth or ball earth.

you can see stuff going over the horizon

i never said it was factually like that, but it definitely works on a flat earth. im just on a quest for truth, and my gut is telling me earth is not a ball

what do you mean..

science says your gut is wrong

ships, landscape etc, they go over the horizon as they should on a round earth

It's not always flat, you just aren't getting up high enough to see.

my gut is like this because of the scientific method. i'm done with secondary sources. i want irrefutable evidence if i'm to believe gravity keeps us all on a ball on crazy angles

yes in our plane of vision, but if you get a telescope or zoom lens, you can see things that our eyes cannot see, and ships/landscape would come back into view

stars don't fit a flat earth model

Ever seen a time lapse pointed at polaris? The whole night sky rotates around this point.
Do the same thing in the southern hemisphere and you get the whole thing spinning around a different point (sigma octanis).

So feel free to try and explain how you a celestial dome has two points of rotation, the first of which is visible within the center, and the second of which becomes visible towards the outside edge.

how high do i have to go? ive been on planes and never seen curves. have u seen the curve?

>yes in our plane of vision, but if you get a telescope or zoom lens, you can see things that our eyes cannot see, and ships/landscape would come back into view
Nonsense

Hmm... Really makes you think

does your gut have a ph.d. in geology and astrophysics?

You guys, you're taking the bait a little too hard.

Here is how you solve the problem, if the unironic are at least reasonable folk who believe in empirical evidence.

To prove the following, you cannot stand on your living room table.

You need to take a plane over a very flat area. Like the middle of the south of the US. Or towards the west coast, like Nevada. Or, up north, Alberta.

Generally speaking, you will see the curvature of the planet anyways, when you are that high up, as you turn your attention to the horizon.

Now, if you still don't believe all of this, I want all of you who disagree with the round earth to get a clear glass, and fill it with water. I then want you to find something that emits light, like a flashlight. Get a blank piece of paper, place the glass with water over it. Once you've done all of this, get something like a pencil or a straw. Put it inside the glass.

Look at it from the top down. What do you see?

Look at it from the side. What do you see?

Shine a light through the top on an angle, and look from the side. What do you see?

That, my friends, is optics. Specifically, the angle of incedence, at play. Light bends in mediums.

Light bends in gravity.

Guess what? Light bends across the horizon sometimes. That's why the sky is still red when you can't see the sun after it has set. That's more than enough proof that, because you can still see the light from the sun illuminating the sky, but not see the sun directly, that the land before you must curve, otherwise, the light wouldn't be able to travel to you, because it would all be
>behind, under, or obstructed by
flat land.

None of you who take this seriously need take this as fact just yet. Just let it sit for a bit. It's food for thought.

how

maybe it is the same star at different angles? i don't know i'd have to look that up. that seems like the only thing that can debunk this flat earth. but howcome there is no apparent or even measurable curvature? howcome the state of kansas has the same level for 400 miles? howcome that doesn't curve. either the earth is wayyyy bigger than tehy tell us or it's flat..deception is still there

i've seen the curve from a plane.
i've seen the curve from a tall building.

did you take that? i'm talking about seeing the curve with your own eyes

If it's flat, why have we circumnavigated the globe?

have you seen any evidence of a flat earth "with your own eyes"?

this makes too much sense therefore it must be false.

If ops statement is true, does that mean we're all caught in the phantom zone?

then you have eagle eyes because i've been looking for curve my whole life and never ever seen it

I live in Ontario, and let me tell you flat earthers, I can actually see the curve from a few freeways/highways. I mention Ontario, because it is quite literally just soil on tons and tons of rock.

Like a lot of rock. A really big rock. I've seen at least 3 kinds of horizons just by driving for 45 minutes.

There is definitely a curve.

yes. i see flatness, never any inclination that i'm on a ball.

but the straw is in the water... this doesn't prove light bending in the air

Boats disappear bottom first over the horizon for a reason. We learned this far to long ago to be having discussions about it on an image board on the fucking Internet. Come on humans.

if you can see the curve from highways, why can't i see it on an airplane? we'd have to assume my eyes are failing me? trust me i always been looking for a curve

but if you get a telescope you can see it again..

You may be looking for a curve in the wrong way, focusing on a point in the foreground, rather than the entire picture.

In order to perceive the change, you probably also want to be watching while you take off, maybe 5 or 7 minutes afterwards. Then watch when the seatbelt sign is off. Do a full 360, as much as possible.

You'll see the change, and while I can't guarantee that, I can't lie about seeing curves.

Air is like water. Air is not exactly like water, but Air is not nothingness.

Light in air is not the same as light in space. Light in water is not the same as light in air. By demonstrating to yourself that this is true, by shining light in water and watching it bend instead of shine right thought both the glass and the water (like it is wont to in air)...

It should seem valid that light can, and then probably does, bend when it makes the transition from the vacuum of space, to our atmosphere. Ever wonder why the sky is blue?

Optics. Rayleigh scattering.

Then why don't you see the sun when it's night and the moon when its day

>maybe it is the same star at different angles?
Nope. Here's a star map. (Which works by the way, people have been navigating with this shit for hundreds of years) It lines up seamlessly and continuously along the edges of the circles.

Point a compass north and you'll find polaris straight up if you're deep enough in the northern hemisphere. Point it south and you'll line up with the sigma octanis one in the same way assuming you're in the southern hemisphere.

>why no curve?
The earth is over 40 thousand kilometers in circumference. Divide that by degrees. Your kansas gap is less than a 4 degree slice of that pie. Less than 4 degrees worth of curve, over natural terrain. No shit there's no apparent measurable curvature.

ok so you're not lying about seeing curves, but don't you think i've looked in every possible way to see curve? i'm not dumb even though im saying the earth might be flat..you've seen it but i haven't. i have done what you described anyways

and yeah air is not nothingness but i've never seen light bend in the air. and idk why does the sky appear blue instead of another color? howcome light only appears to bend when it's at the horizon, and not on top of us

well i've seen the moon during the day sometimes

but as for the sun, because the light isn't shining on us

Yes you stupid fucking sheep. Everything matters.

Gravity has honestly never completely made sense to me....why can't we as humans create a smaller version of the solar system that would actually simulate a small ball creating gravity...if fractals are real, a small ball spinning on a string would create a very tiny gravitational pull, but rather anything on the ball goes flying off

The earth being round is physically impossible, and has no imperical evidence. There is actually plenty of evidence to the contrary. For example, observing the suns rays through the clouds. Perspective will tell you the sun isn't too far above the clouds

the circumference is 24,901 miles ..kansas is 400 miles of flat no curving. that doesn't add up mathematically...

and id have to look into the stars

no

The sun isn't as big as they say it is, pal

>The earth being round is physically impossible
uh, how?

Well, by flat earth theory, shouldn't we see the sun anyways when we look into the night sky since it's on the other side of the earth

says who?

Yes yes, anyone with common sense and a thinking brain can see this easy truth

what truth?

then how does one half of the world get light when the other doesnt?

There's no evidence to the contrary. Hell there's video proof of it being round, not to mention mathematical proof and the fact that all natural phenonmena on earth only makes sense with a round planet

If it were right above the clouds, and illuminated the land you inhabit for half the day, it would get hot when the sun was out for a couple of hours, kind of like it does now. And get colder the longer night is present, like it does in reality

Reasons why the Earth is truly spherical
1. Gravity - Gravity pulls atoms towards the center of mass, thus a spherical shape of a planet ( physics.weber.edu/amiri/physics1010online/WSUonline12w/OnLineCourseMovies/CircularMotion&Gravity/reviewofgravity/ReviewofGravity.html ) Move evidence available if requested
2. The horizon - Now this may be the most talked about/argued about thing that flat earthers deny or try to debunk with pseudo-science, but the horizon, albiet less noticeable, at sea level is still there. Raise your altitude a bit to... say 50,000 meters. You start to see the curvature of the Earth around you as the atmosphere seems to become more and more transparent. The farthest you can see is around 10-15% of the Earth's surface. Raise a bit higher to 100,000 meters. You are technically in space now, and able to see at least 25% of the Earth's surface. Look around, you will notice the circular shape to the eye. If you aren't seeing it in 3D(one eye missing/damaged/closed), then it appears to be flat. If the Earth WERE flat, then at 100,000 meters, you would be able to see the WHOLE Earth, not just ~25%.
3. Geological/Magnetic evidence - Auroras are generated as solar wind is bent and curved by our magnetic field, generated deep within the Earth's core by molten iron, nickel, and other magnetic metals moving and churning in such a way that generates magnetism on a large scale. The Auroras are a result that could only be produced the way they are on a spherical Earth. Go to Southern Greenland while Aurora Borealis is visible to the naked eye. Looks pretty straight, right? Go to Russia, same angle. Go to the North magnetic pole, and now you see a flowery, almost circular shape in the sky. Why? The curvature of the magnetic field produces the Aurora on a spherical shape, not a flat one. If you were standing on a flat Earth, you would not be able to see Aurora Australis the same way. Checkem

Prove one point that the Earth is flat.

Niggers gonna nig. Look, the guy's a *rapper*. We don't expect them to have right-brain function. He's an artsy-fartsy guy, and not very good at that either.

It wouldn't be hot enough to support life

i feel you, gravity is weird to me too..

if the stars can't be explained i'll stand corrected, but i have afeeling it will be, because everything else has been debunked and led me to believe the earth is flat

How do you figure? You're literally just spewing indoctrination.

Is your skincolor as dark as pic retarded?

>everything else has been debunked
You're kidding right? What has been debunked?

Constellations, Polaris, iss, the sun, the oceans, currents, weather, the moon, space travel, seasons, the earths 23.5 degree tilt, the way mars moves through the sky, observations of jupiters moons transiting its surface, venus and Mercury transit across the sun, observations and provable predictions of nearly every astronomical event.
>theres just not enough evidence that the earth is round.

I mean, I know it may not be reasonable to have you put all of your faith in one sole image, but if you will humor me...

I've seen and looked through a lot of glass. And I can tell you right now, that glass is not the reason you may see a curve in the horizon.

Light does bend in the air... it's just not as observable. In fact, it's a bit of a point-of-reference kind of thing. It's more than just the air, and in fact, it has more to do with the light. Especially with why the sky is blue.

Rayleigh scattering.
>the scattering of light by particles in a medium
>without change in wavelength
>It accounts, for example, for the blue color of the sky
>since blue light is scattered slightly more efficiently than red
>particle theory of light and wave theory of light

In a nutshell, when light attempts to pass through mediums, it has to find alternative paths to its destination, because the medium is in its way. The result is that the quantum from the light (the potential energy variance/stepping up and down of energy) becomes more visible, because the particles of light sometimes, in fact, bounce off particles of the medium. Sometimes, a lot of particles go in one such direction, such that you see said lower level of energy as "blue".

Whereas, if you view light as waves, it's simply that the waves bounce off of the matter, and the magnitude of waves in one given region of space is lesser than the combined magnitudes of all waves that were present; you get the blue frequency of light.

Light does bend, you just won't always be able to see it actually bend, like a ray of light, in air. But, it does bend. Even when it's coming directly down on top of us. It's just a matter of perspective- you'd never be able to see light bend in the X axis if you're viewing it from the bottom up, on the Y axis. It would just look like more light was coming at you.