Tfw you've been trying to get into the Georgia film industry for two years now with no success

>tfw you've been trying to get into the Georgia film industry for two years now with no success

How do I get my foot in the door lads? I wanna work on set of these capeshit movies and make some jewgold

Watch some Parajanov.

rose locke casting does a lot of work in atlanta. my gf has done quite a bit of extra work for them in the past (and my car was in prisoners). don't know if they do capeshit, but it's better than nothing.

The talent doesn't come from Georgia, fewl. LA talent just flies in and pillages our resources and tax incentives then leaves.

t. Georgian

This all the new interns at Williams Street are from Cali this year

Doesn't that fuck with union laws? You'd think it would just be easier to hire crews out of georgia anyway

Doesn't Georgia have a shit-ton of tax breaks for entertainment production? I'm sure the Marvel films were filmed there for budget purposes. Do you really expect them to be filmed in California despite having a similar climate?

Jews gonna Jew. The best way to get on to the set is to have connections, no matter how watered down your credentials or experience is.

theres a whole shitload of cars from some movie studio filling up a church parking lot during weekdays in paulding county

try showing up and bothering people there

Production assistants and like lighting crews might come from Georgia, but you're not going to break into Hollywood doing either of those things.

What are my chances of breaking into the hollywood scene if I'm on a crew that has a film make it to sundance

can this just be a general acting/potential acting thread?

is there anyone here who can give any sort of advice for getting work? how diverse do your headshots need to be? if you get cast doing background shit for something, whats the likely hood of talking your way into getting a line or two?

>how diverse do your headshots need to be?
how many hats do you own

I can give advice for VA.

Don't.

Seriously, don't fucking do it. The industry is seriously fucked right now, there's absolutely no money, and it has some of the biggest no name circle jerkoffs in any media field ever.

Listen if you didn't get fucking astoundingly lucky and get picked up in your early teens or early 20's, don't bother. All the major media outlets are so over saturated, you will literally being competing with millions of others just to land auditions. You honestly have just as much chance winning the lottery.

You are infinitely better off starting your own shit and diving straight into the indie market.

>work as a dishwasher at the PTC Wyndham
>spiderman's actor shows up

Become a Jew.

>tfw I pretty much exclusively pay to watch good/decent indie flicks now.

Am I doing guys?

>pay

Does anyone know how to break into the industry on the production side?

I've been shilling my broadcasting degree all over the place but nobody even emails me a response

You got any internships famalam? What's your portfolio look like? 'Cause it's more about the portfolio than the degree to be quite honest famalam

Add 'berg' at the end of your surname.

This. Actors Guilds control the entire thing and rarely EVER let new blood in.

That's why you hear the same voices over and over in vidya, anime dubs >inb4 >dubs, etc.

Go indie and do it like the janitor

>anime dubs
I wish more anime dubs were done by union actors so they would actually be watchable.

They aren't done buy Union Actors because the fucking anime jews pay shit.

I was literally once offered a fucking gift card to voice a character for like 9 episodes. I refused.

Well was it a shit giftcard to like Kohls or something or was it a nice one to Outback Steakhouse

thanks for the replies. so, just keep an eye out for indie openings then if i do decide to follow through.

can i just pretend im jewish or that i converted? how easy is something like that to pull off? i do love bagels and lox.

Degree's rarely mean shit in this industry. If you didn't start rubbing elbows in college, you fucked up. Start doing shit for free and build up your portfolio. Work hard and put in stupid hours until someone notices you. Learn to drink socially. Seriously, you will go the furthest if you can drink with people in the industry.

oh yeah and would a site like backstage be worth getting an account on?

If they ask for money, no.

I couldn't stand living in Georgia. People sound like retards there.

Well anime fans who still watch dubs are accustomed to the shitty ones they've been pumping out for 20+ years. And the new generation of anime fans watch mostly subs.

It is literally hell on earth. Anytime I save up a little money, I've run away to New York twice and again this Saturday