Rogue One getting cucked

>The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun

>Yes, there will be more shooting for ROGUE ONE. The first cut was pretty serious. The new stuff to inject fun

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS LADS.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disney-orders-reshoots-star-wars-898562
youtu.be/0os4SBIZ-ks
rebrn.com/re/wikileaks-have-published-kevin-feiges-notes-for-sony-on-the-amaz-197377/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

QUIPS

WE NEED QUIPS

Disney's Suicide Squad.

>we want the deadpool audience

>we need to keep the Marvel audience

Source?

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disney-orders-reshoots-star-wars-898562

but I thought it was going to be dark and gritty?

reminder that "fun" is codeword for "quips"

>A movie about a group of rebels stealing the plans to the Death Star and being hunted down and killed by the empire needs more consensus-approved, family safe quips

It's the future you chose.

DEADPOOL WAS A MISTAKE

>expecting Disney to make interesting movies

enjoy your formulaic cape shit movies, goyim

>swn nibble your earlobe
;_;

I wish they do.
There's nothing that triggers DCucks harder than a movie with quips destroying theirs.

Star Wars fans don't want your MCU quips either, retard

Disney truly is the worst.

Good, death to the Star Wars fanbase too.

Joss Whedon was a mistake.

>Marvel producer admits its plots are interchangeable and disposable
You do know that one who said that is a producer of Deadpool, right?

i cant even put into words how fucking pissed i am right now

>normies complaining about big studios treating their movies as products

You guys should take a look at the comic book industry. You might have a seizure.

At least they kicked him out before he could do more damage.

Woah, it's almost as if Disney was treating their movies like the average Triple A movie studio.

I think Edgar Wright was kicked out of Ant-Man because a decade after he started working on it he didn't do shit aside from writing the script.

My last hope in the Star Wars franchise has been destroyed.
Just imagine what we could've gotten
youtu.be/0os4SBIZ-ks

RIP star WARS

>movie about the team that stole the maps of the Death Star

Who gives a single fuck, the movie had the most boring premise they could have come up with for a spinoff.

Seriously, who the hell asked for this movie?

This is true. Ant-Man should have been in the Iron Man 2 spot, but Wright is a lazy fuck

>levity
>a desperate group fight to steal the plans to a space station that can destroy a planet wielded by a religious group of genocidal maniacs
I guess schindlers list would have been better with a bit of humour

>mfw we could've gotten a Saving Private Ryan-Star Wars movie, shot in a Kubrick style

Fuck this man

>people are now going to pretend this flick had any chance of being good

This movie based on a line spouted in Episode IV could have been so damn interesting, indeed.

>lazy
He rewrote the script like 4 times based on Feige's notes until they redid the script without him behind his back

Also how the fuck could you look at a movie like Scott Pilgrim and think he's lazy.

>not a single impressive shot
RIP indeed.

> Darkest film of the Original Trilogy is the best of the pack.
> Darkest film of the Prequel Trilogy is the best of the pack.
> Allegedly someone at Disney thinks that a story about a small group of underdogs on a borderline suicide mission and fighting against space fascists needs a sense of fun.

But then again. It is Gareth Edwards. He dropped the ball on Godzilla. So idk.

I watched that movie.
What part of it should have told me that he isn't lazy?

Memeing aside it's getting really frustrating to see Disney boil filmmaking down into a formula of quipshit. Soon other studios will get the hint and eventually everything will be fucking quips.

Perhaps lazy isn't the wright word but the guy spent 10 years not making an Ant-Man movie

The fact that someone thought a story about this could have been interesting is what's baffling in the first place.

The blockbuster flick with the most boring premise of the decade is going to be trash.
More news at 11.

The cinematographer is a stormtrooper

Who wants to bet they are gonna shoot more Vader scenes & advertise the fuck out of Vader in the trailers/marketing?

Why the fuck does everything have to be a retarded quipfest these days?

>the only member of the cell to die will be based Tudyk Droid

He started the cancer. The cancer is growing.

>wright word

I keked.

The original star wars was fun. Why the fuck would you want to change that asshole?

Make your own serious sci fi shit then if you don't like it.

Why?
Civil War is a much better Avengers movie than either of the actual Avengers movies.

He dropped the ball on making a Kaiju/Godzilla movie. But you gotta admit, that movie was really well made.

>they want that reddit audience

Yeah because the death star is super serious man. /sarcasm

It's something a fucking 7 year old would make up you cuck.

Because people hated BvS, so now they are scared of dark and grittyness.

If you're mentally challenged maybe. It's like saying shit is better than diarrhea .

>the wright word

Oh, well, I better look up to the intellectual who wastes his time discussing capeshit with mentally challenged people then.

I would be more excited about Rogue One if a Death Star hadn't been shoehorned into TFA last year. Twice in a row now. We're breaking new ground here. But you're right. The EU is full of interesting material to experiment with. Let's get away from the main players (especially the Skywalkers) and events George Lucas established. There is literally an entire galaxy to mess around with.

>we want the childless male geek audience
>the audience that's most likely to pirate the movie
>and none of the other people, whose money we need to break even

Can someone sereally explain the AT-AT scene?

Why even design these giant clunky things if cant hit ground mobile troops? But they can hit fast snowspeeders?

There is no way those giant front guns are the only guns on it right? There are little turrets around its head right?

If its meant to be a siege weapon then how come we never see it deploying troops, if the front facing guns are that bad why not just deploy the troops to take down those serpentine running rebels?

And historically siege weapons are not meant to be used to used that close in conjuction I think? Deploying them all that close together doesnt make a lot of sense and they would just get in each others way

Now THIS is kino

Ant-Man wasn't in production for ten years, Marvel just had greenlit for a while, like most studios. There's an interview with Feige where he said that Wright and Cornish were writing the second draft in 2008.

The fact that it blends Shaw Brothers/ Jackie Chan choregraphy perfectly in a 90s video game context? You think it's easy to do what Edgar Wright does? There are directors who try to rip his style off (Max Landis) and completely suck at it.

Disney doesn't want daring, original films. That's why they're remaking a bunch of their old cartoons, bought Star Wars and are heavily moderating the MCU.

Yeah who the fuck wants to see what gets vader so pissed before the start of a new hope? Fuck that shit. I sure as fuck don't want to see vader getting his plans stolen. Sounds totally uninteresting brah.

Americans don't like serious things like MoS and BvS. Pretty good reason.

BvS wasn't and look how that turned out.

LOOK AT US, WE HAVE DEPTH OF FIIIIIEEELLLDDD

Actually they are leaving quite a bit of freedom to the MCU.
Hell, the main group responsable of controlling the MCU, and the one that is at fault of most of the executive meddling of the franchise (Ike Perlmutter and the Marvel Creative Comittee) were told to fuck off.

Disney wants to sell toys because it's the main source of their income, as long as they get that, the MCU can do whatever the current writers want.

I feel like I should write George Lucas an apology.

He was right about everything and we bitched and complained until he gave up making movies.

And now we get Star Capeshit. Forever.

BvS had quips they were just unfunny and terrible, like the rest of the movie.

It is.
Who gives a fuck about how they steal the plans of the Death Star?
Who gives a fuck about a villain being an angry dude?
This is probably the most uninteresting spinoff i've ever heard off.

It's well made. Has nice cinematography. But the characters were absolutely bland and lifeless. Or wasted, like Cranston and Watanabe. Imagine how awesome it would have been if the movie was a team story story starring them. In the end, we did have a little monster action to save the film.

Back to the main point. If the characters of Rogue One are boring, what will makeup for this weakness?

This.
>Martha Kent gets kidnapped and almost executed
>witnesses a man get burnt to a crisp
>quips
jesus

But they did like The Dark Knight and Rises, DOFP and Iron Man, so this excuse doesn't hold.

People like serious things.
What they don't like is depressive things.

>Actually they are leaving quite a bit of freedom to the MCU.
Giant-Man almost didn't show up in Civil War because Disney thought it was too silly.

see also what they did to Whedon, Black, Favreau, the Thor directors, etc

Feige is a retard, I'll try to find the leaked email of his suggestions for Amazing Spider-Man 2

>Disney wants to sell toys because it's the main source of their income, as long as they get that, the MCU can do whatever the current writers want.
Except good films.

After the disappointment that was TFA I was eager to see what the spin-offs would bring to the table with their supposed gritty tones. Thank you Disney for making Rogue One another Marvel movie, I'd have missed those ten bucks

>Feige is a retard, I'll try to find the leaked email of his suggestions for Amazing Spider-Man 2

What?
Feige giving terrible advice to a franchise that he wants to see fail?

What about Oscar bait?

>A story about a black-ops team being hunted down and tortured by a ruthless empire? Sounds great! It's gonna have plenty of quips and fart jokes, right?

I can't imagine what it must be like actually having to work with one of these brain surgeon studio execs

>The first cut was pretty serious. The new stuff to inject fun.
Wtf? How come TV shows can have some balls and movies can't?

I should have specified a bit.
People don't like depressive things in this kind of movies.
You watch these to have an entertaining evening, to have fun.
If people want to see dramas they'll go watch a drama movie instead.
People didn't like BvS because everything about it is depressive, and the heroes are douchebags.

>disney, a company who has become one of the biggest entertainment empires by making products aimed for pre-teen girls for literally over 100 years
>they buy a new brand to their portfolio
>people expecting serious movies from them

Are you guys retarded.

This is why Star Wars VII was indeed an amazing movie and a great success. 12 year old girls and boys don't care about quality itself.

This movie will be the same.

It's like complaining that the latest Mad Max movie made by fucking Lego or Toys-R-Us is not a hardcore 18+ movie.

TV shows don't cost 200 million dollars

> Americans don't like serious things
The Dark Knight is the most critically acclaimed comic book film to date and made over a billion dollars at worldwide box office. $534 million of that made domestically.

Maybe Snyder's films just aren't good? Has this been considered?

Because you are not risking a fortune with those shows.

It could easily be garbage either way

No he thought his ideas where great.
rebrn.com/re/wikileaks-have-published-kevin-feiges-notes-for-sony-on-the-amaz-197377/

TDK was lightning in a bottle & a bunch of hack directors thought they could replicate it, now everyone is sick of "dark & gritty" for the wrong reasons

He was probably trying to put himself in the mind of a Sony executive.

I know it does. I just wanted you fags to admit it has quips like any other marvel movie.

Because TDK wasn't dark and gritty, it was just serious.
The DCEU is downright depressive.

I'm agreeing with you brah. I sure as fuck don't want to see vader again. I mean fuck that shit right? Most uninteresting villain evar.

Reshoots this late in the game are a good sign the studio has a steaming pile of shit on its hands.

Watch this still get a 96% RT rating and make $2 billion+ because Star Wars fans are the biggest brand cucks on the planet.

You want to see Disney butcher Darth Vader too?
We had 6 movies about him, 3 of which were terrible, and those The Force Unleashed games.
We already had enough of him.

Then this is just Disney's Suicide Squad.
Shame both won't flop.

>americans don't like serious things
>except they do
>W-WELL UH LIGHTNING IN A BOTTEL

He already did the damage.

No way brah. I never want to see vader again. He's fuckin shit. Hate that piece of shit right brah?

He wasted Ultron, but aside from that I don't see much more.

Irony is epic as f*ck, but you are seriously telling me we need more Darth Vader?
The original trilogy ended 33 years ago, move on, you nostalgy blinded fucks.

ROTS > ROTJ & TFA