Other urls found in this thread:

jeanauel.com/books.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bigger waste then being on here

A painful waste of money and time

a few are alright

i don't like it when people look like human sketch pads though

but not my skin so don't really care

Many of them can be beautiful works of art that express who the person is and brings them alot of joy.

Most of them, however, are bargain bin bullshit cliche tacky garb done by some shaky handed nigger in a cheap shop. Most of them are pointless, poor quality, and don't mean or express anything about the person like they should.

A permanent mark of temporary stupidity.

/thread

I think they're alright but I like to go on Sup Forums and act like they're the worst thing in the world because it's the cool thing to do, bro.

No they are not alright u lil faggot

women who cover their chest with tattoos are the worst, unless the bitch is flat chested there's no need to ink up perfectly nice looking tits with flowers, skulls or some shit.

I thought the one on your mom's back was actually well done.

Eh, if you don't go overboard and get something small it's relatively cheap and painless. But you know, full body tattoos are retarded.

Oh look a kid making mom jokes. Very mature virgin...

Second

actually his dad became a post op tranny, you fucked a shemale bro..

They're cliche now, there are some creative or beautiful ones, but as much as i wanted to get full sleeves and body tats, now they just don't seem to have meaning like they used to

What do you mean by 'meaning'?

Do you mean they are no long 'alt' and instead too mainstream?

If that's what you mean, why does it matter? Isn't the point of alternative stuff that you don't care what is or is not mainstream?

Or are we talking here the hipster version of alternative?

I dont care

I miss the old Harambe, chilling in the zoo Harambe

Peeling bananas Harambe, climbing up poles Harambe

I hate the new Harambe, the maggot food Harambe

The always dead Harambe, featured in the news Harambe

I miss the chill Harambe, sitting on his feet Harambe

I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet Harambe

See I invented Harambe, it wasn't any Harambes

And now I look and look around and there's so many dead Harambes

I used to love Harambe, I used to love Harambe

I even had a toddler, I thought I was Harambe

What if Harambe made a zoo, full of Harambe

Called "I Miss The Old Harambe," man that would be so Harambe

That's all it was Harambe, we still love Harambe

And I love you like Harambe loves bananas

>What are your thoughts on tattoos?

Cannot be stolen, cannot be lost. I was amazed at how commonplace they became, though.

No, he means that they used to be a real taboo even in America, and to have one was only for real rebels.

Wonderful medium of artwork but I can never settle on a design I like long enough to dedicate to one.

Tattoos are degenerate

Just wait another 20-30 years and you'll see all the people who jumped on the tattoo trend working at gas stations and emptying garbage cans in office buildings. Idiots.

By then, age and gravity will have caught up with them and the chick with the chest piece will be looking run down and used up while she rings up your order at Arby's. Such a free spirit in her 20's, now she has a raspy voice from smoking/drinking for decades and her bleach blonde hair is frayed and the root color is coming through at the scalp. Her skin is saggy and leathery and her ear lobes are like deflated tires because she stretchied them and Arby's corporate won't let her wear plugs. At 43, she'll claim discrimination and complain to her teenage co-workers on her way out the back exit to take an unscheduled smoke break.

Meanwhile, at 45, her ex-boyfriend with sleeve tattoos and facial piercings will have a gigantic beer gut, a year's worth of beard growth, and wears Chuck Taylors and still has a wallet chain. His tattoos that used to express his personality so well have faded and expanded as he gained weight, plus years of sun from outside labor have turned his skin into a darkened, wrinkly mess. He looks every bit of 60 at 45. The kids at work see his tattoos and stretched ear lobes and think "man, that guy must have been pretty cool about 20 years ago." Every night after work, he stops at the gas station and buys a 12-pack of Natty Ice and drinks himself into oblivion in his shitty studio apartment he's lived in for the past 9 years. In his daily drunken stupor, he wonders where it all went wrong. He wakes up with the usual hangover and prays that his 1974 Bronco will start up so he can get to work at the warehouse on time.

So the hipster meaning then..

Rebel because they are not mainstream.

I hope you realize something being taboo is just a strong 'version' of not being mainstream.

Bottom line is the poster I replied to sees tattoos more about being 'different' from 'normal' people than being unique, meaningful, and even beautiful in themselves.

Sounds like exactly the kind of person that he decries that get tattoos to be 'cool' only we've now gone so far around the circle that these same people are now leaning toward NOT getting tattoos because 'everyone has one.'

I love you, user

Fully-Sleeved with lots of visible tattoos. Work as director of content for several multi-million dollar companies. Health insurance. 401k. Dental. Competitive salary. Fuck off.

Dude no. Its a part of the past. In the 60s, if you had a tattoo people would seriously look down on you. Now everyone has tattoos like nothing.

They're acceptable for men but a no go for women who should have other priorities such as breeding children. Stupid body cults that will make them reluctant to get pregnant because their tattoos will stretch or because they have to take out their clit piercing are pure degeneracy.

if a chicks hot shes hot not in the history of forever minus some really, really, im talking like paleo neolithic shaman tier goddesses at 13-18 where it actually makes a difference, where they hold the reverence of the thousand people (which was like 19% of the worlds population for the time) around them.

This

Hate them on women. Don't care about them on guys. Me? I'd never get one, but that's me.

You say he has a beard as if it's a bad thing

To me its:

Would you fuck a woman with tattoos? Hell yeah!

Would you marry a woman with tattoos? Never in a million years.

what the fuck are you talking about

Are you the same poster for both replies?

Then you are definitely dense.

Yes, people used to think that those with tattoos were either criminals, low-lifes, or just sketchy in general.

Then the people who think differentiating themselves from 'normal' people makes them 'edgy' started getting tattoos precisely because people would look at them funny.

These are the people who just get a tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo, not because the tattoo itself (content, style, quality) is important.

These same people made tattoos mainstream (with shitty ones no less) and now the same type of people (i.e. the same that want to differentiate themselves from 'normals') see that tattoos are mainstream and now they don't want one.

To these people it is not about the art or the meaning IN tattoos, it is what tattoos mean to those around them.

And just you wait. These same people will make a couple of generations of people without tattoos and the cycle will repeat itself.

About man,

Would you befriend someone with tattoos? Yes.

Would you do something serious with them (work, trust, have them come to my home)? No.

HAHA This has nothing to do with tattoos! LOL HAHA

pretty much agree but it does depend on how many tats, where are the tats and what the tats are for me personally.

jeanauel.com/books.php
try read a book you worthless fucking waste of air breather

And this is why I come to Sup Forums™ ! Completely unpredictebel !!!

than

Are you using google translate for this shit?

ur autistic

They're either really good or really bad there are no decent tattoos

stupid.

Fuck off back to LADBible

Agreed, most are trash. But you do see some that look like fucking art works.

If it covers a significant part of your body, was done by a very talented artist, suits your body shape, and has colours other than just black, then there is a good chance that you have an acceptable tattoo.

If you don't plan on going all-out on something that will be with you for the rest of your life, then you are an utter moron and I hope you get ass cancer.

face tattoos are generally a great way to ID a low income earner

>face tattoos are generally a great way to ID a welfare queen
ftfy

I had a guy with a face tattoo stop me from getting dead once. Got jumped by some niggers because I'm a glorious faggot. Fucking giant dude with half of his face inked up like a skull goes full on Shrek mode. He tended to my wounds and made me food. Thus I tend to like people with face tattoos.

Are you a guy or a girl?

Well I got a dick.

Someone had the girl of their dreams taken by a cool guy with tattoos, lol fucking loser

So Attack Helicopter then?

looks cool to a point. After that looks just plain silly.
For example - Zyzz had a good sense of "ENOUGH" - he even avoided coloring his sleeve, so he can wear a shirt without looking like a lousy hipster/prisonmate.
After he overcolored his Venividivici, it was too mush.

so tl;dr - tattoos should be limited.

So you advocate tattoos then?

People who are more successful in all situations of life than you can have tattoos.
People who have tattoos can often be people who aren't successful at all.

I have zero opinions.

Don't mind them. Haven't found a thing I want on my skin forever though.

>mad

I swear to god, if I see ONE more tribal tattoo, I am going to continue to sit in the corner and pout.

NO! I am a proud Entertainment Center. Niggers were trying to get my goodies that I keep inside.

I advocate doing whatever the fuck you want to lessen the chances of being angry at the world

A sure sign of either mental illness or stupidity.

But would said woman even consider marrying you,user?

What about alcoholism? Usually just a symptom of stupidity I know, but if they started young...

You can tell by the awkward looks you're getting that you're not welcome here.

Most people who get tatoos are fucking shitstains like justin beiber, they ruin it for the rest.

They used to be cool, now ...not so much.

It's your body, do whatever

>Tfw really like maori tattoos.
>Tfw I'm a fat white guy and wouldn't ever get one because it would be disrespectful to their culture
>Like this slut

... Do you at least look like a chick?

Would definitely enjoy the cave explorer ride and the log ride if that's the case.

Anti-social asspie reject irl identified

Depends on how much effort I put in on a day. Like if I don't shave or shower and am wearing baggy athletic shorts, nah. But if I'm clean I usually look girly enough before make-up. At least enough to put it in my butt.

How can you be mad at this, this is great

Perfect definition

Fine, as long as you're not trying to show everyone all the time, and posting your tats all over social media.

Get them for yourself, not to be a spectacle.

Can I arrive drunk?

This drives me nuts.

Hipster bullshit attitude...

'Wah! Everyone has one so it's not cool anymore!'

If that was why you were at all interested in tattoos, then you are the exact same type of person that made tattoos 'uncool'.

You don't care about tattoos, you care about what tattoos say about you.

it's the ultimate certification of faggotry, along with piercings

Guys with tattoos want to attract sluts. Women with tattoos are sluts. It makes courting easier

tattoos on women are like penises

my jpg seems broken.. can some user help me out?
labeouf clapping alone in cinema

Only if you bring some molly for me.

I've never met a doctor or lawyer with tattoos.

I mean, they probably exist, but draw your own conclusions. Somehow, tattoos seem to denote low-level members of society.

I do think a lot of em are pretty nice though. It's just for paupers.

You be the judge.

Doctors, lawyers, and anyone else who wants to look professional and be taken seriously wear long sleeved shirts that cover their tattoos.

and still dont have tattoos.

I have no figures, but I'm willing to bet that people with a high income or high public appointments have significantly less tattoos than people with low income/jobs.

Winston Churchill and Theodore Roosevelt had tattoos. As well as Canada's current PM, Justin 'Dude weed lmao' Trudeau

I believe you, and that's great for them. But what I meant was that there seems to be some kind of social stigma on people with tattoos in the higher echelons of society.

I'm not sure if this is correct, or what other peoples views on it are. Are tattoos indeed less common among higher income groups? If so, why?

You do realize that tattoos that don't look like shit cost a lot of money right? Like ghetto trash prison ink is worth a pack of smokes. But where I am, the standard going rate for a good artist is $200 an hour minimum. People save up for months sometimes to get a piece. It's the same as when people buy cool clothes or a motorcycle or anything.

I like tattoos. They make a statement. But instead of someone opening their mouth hole and proclaiming their point of view as if people give a shit, the statement made by tattoos are subtle, and open to interpretation. It says different things to different people. To me, it says they don't give a shit about the opinion of some normie cucklord who presumes they know anything about a person based on their opinion, or that of a neckbearded permavirgin who jerks his pencil dick to any new fetish that comes along. It is what it is. If you care so much about what it is or isn't, maybe the reason you're really upset is you don't have the courage to let people look at you and form whatever judgement they want and close your eyes every night having given zero fucks.

Yes but do you doubt my hypothesis?

That higher income people have less tattoos than lower income people do, overall.

Wow, someone who understands that the spirit of tattoos is not giving a shit about how others see you.

That they are (or SHOULD be) for yourself and not for however others might perceive you.

I would love to see the metric you're basing this "hypothesis" on. Because to me, it sounds like you base this on solely your opinion. There are plenty of people with tattoos who have high paying jobs. I have tattoos and I earn six figures.

>inb4 [citation needed]

So tell me, how the fuck do you know the correlation between income and tattoos?

Yeah, I do. Look at musicians. Faces everyone recognizes. Tattoo artists can also make bank if they're good. My old artist made more an hour than I did a day.

I don't, and it is indeed based solely on my opinion and experience.

>theres plenty of people with tattoos and high paying jobs

Repeating yourself doesn't help. Do higher income people have significantly less tattoos than lower income people, or don't they?

You could even run a research using 'money spent on tattoos' instead of 'number of tattoos' as a variable. I'm still guessing low income spend more money on them. Not sure tho.

There's less people with higher income with tattoos because tattoos became less stigmatized relatively recently.

Rather what you have to realize is that while there are fewer people with high income with tattoos, that number is on the rise.

Every year there are more and more highly successful people with tattoos.

Bottom line being that tattoos in themselves are no indicator of anything other than probably taste.

Most people have shit taste for tattoos, and that's both low and high income people with tattoos.

I agree with you mostly

I'm wondering though, what's the origin of the old stigma on tattoos?