If you know about Daniel Johnston, than get in here and discuss what you know and what you think about him

If you know about Daniel Johnston, than get in here and discuss what you know and what you think about him.

If you are a fan of Daniel Johnston, get the fuck in here and discuss your favorite of his songs and albums and stuff.

My favorite album.
Yip Jump Music.

My favorite song right now.
youtube.com/watch?v=WrxTpFQb1gM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x1CdrKenfXo
youtube.com/watch?v=51S38RKzakM&list=PLCFE092790CD814E7
youtube.com/watch?v=9zZv3qFEo8w&list=PL48FF688ED524427C
youtube.com/watch?v=CcI0cZhwd6A&t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=L5OH09DEtWE&list=PLzlFxF3ta8L3V8_qMYc1jBa-3LlLCvX_L
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really love Hi, How Are You?
I watched the documentary the Devil and Daniel Johnston it was incredibly sad.

Boner

That movie is how i learned about his music. I'm really curious to go back and watch it again now that i know so much more about him and his music. I didn't like Hi How Are you as much as the others at first, but it's grown on me, just like all his music has. I like it all at first but i am starting to fall in love with every inch of his work.

I'm a fan of the famous covers of him like Dead Milkmen - Rocketship and Firehise - Walking the Cow but otherwise I just like the session with him that Hobby Haynes produced for A Texas Trip. It's very trippy as the name implies.

I wouldn't have probably even posted but I was friends with the guy who was in Lucky Sperms with him and Jad Fair. I used to have a shitload of good stories before the movie came out. Now I'm really strapped for stuff everyone doesn't ready know. My friend Chris said that one day in the studio Daniel heard voices that he thought was Chris talking shit about him or something and Daniel through a guitar at his head. As I recall it missed him but I'm not sure. Otherwise offhand I think the only thing I know is that he used to sit in Vulcan Video and watch movies until he pissed himself including the bench and they had to ban him. Then the only other one I'm thinking of was one day another friend of ours was literally babysitting him and he had to forcefully prevent Daniel from eating a solid frozen burrito. Didn't seem that interesting to me but he loved that story.

Let's see I was at the record store Sound Exchange that his famous mural is at on the very last day of its closing Dr and I was apparently th e only person who requested his Captain America With Crucifix sketch which as I recall bought for $50 and years later sold for $80 out of need.

Oh and I also walks out during 9th middle of his first set in over 5 years and apparently I knew my moment because walking out right along with was Thurston Moore who I then had cornered for ten minutes.

Sorry if I bired you but the OP request seemed urgently serious.

Fucking autocorrect

Hobby Haynes good Lord

You stupid bastard. You had a piece of his work and you sold it for 80 bucks? I would have kept that forever on my wall.

Honestly I find his work kinda dumb, and that people care more about his background than anything.
I can deal with his perspective about his life and religion, but tracks like "IM A BABY IN MY UNIVERSE" and "GET URSELF 2GETHER" are kinda offputting

Not stupid

Desperate

I literally just got back from the post office selling an xmen 50 that I dearlyoved. Again out of need.

My friend Chris apparently has a shitload of his art. He just moved back in town so I haven't grilled him about it. Even 9th guy I sold it to said it was obvious I cared about it and for it very much.

I'll blow you for a signed work by him... I secretly wanna try sucking dick anyway so please say yes.

A/s/l

I actually just got propositioned by a hooker so I wouldn't normally ask but I feel like I'm on a roll.

I first heard about Daniel Johnston because of the Kids OST. Great movie, great soundtrack.

That was how I first heard about Slint

I suppose without knowing about it I first heard him through the Dead Milkmen covering Rocketship when I was very very young. Otherwise I'm pretty sure A Texas Trip was how I first heard him so was kinda disappointed when the rest of his stuff didn't sound like that.

26 Male Mo
I'd be good too. i think about it often.

I don't remember much of that movie at all, but his song from that is one of his best.

youtube.com/watch?v=x1CdrKenfXo

Sorry I've had my duck sucked by more than enough men to know I'm not gay. I've actually never cum from a blowjob out of the dozen I've had so I probably wouldn't get into it anyway. Thanks though and I'll seriously ask him about the sketches the next time I see him.

people you get blowjobs from don't let you throat fuck them do they? I'm that hungry for cock. I look real pretty in my dress right now.

Yknow honestly that may have been my problem. I don't think I ever got a good throat fucking. I'll ask about the sketches though seriously. Maybe someone will be able to work a throat fucking in somewhere.

Come on... You can cum in my tight ass.

utter garbage mental illness big pharma shill weak little boy look how cute i am docile get fucked in the ass and give us a smile cutesy ukelele cunt

So yeah Daniel Johnston...

I think Walking the Cow might be about fucking fat sluts.

Think about it

yeah and everything is ok because now im doped out on this euphorialess antipsychotic

>implying daniel has actually ever had sex.
he can't even talk in front of a camera without shaking.

I don't get his music? He sounds like a little child, but apparently he's a grown man and it werids me the fuck out. Can anyone explain?

His voice is often what makes people dislike him, and that's understandable. It's different to say the least. I happen to enjoy his voice, but if you don't than i suggest that you just try to appropriate his amazing lyrics and his skill at putting together a very catchy piece of music. I personal love the way he sings. He know's that his voice is not good, but he respects his work enough to make his voice go to places it can't because his song needs to go to that place.

I don't dislike his music, it just confuses me. When I first listened to Hi, How are you I genuinely thought it was a little boy singing.

Hi how are you is not a good start

start with Yip Jump Music.
youtube.com/watch?v=51S38RKzakM&list=PLCFE092790CD814E7

Or Songs of Pain would probably be better seeing as how it is the first, but Yip Jump is better in my opinion.
youtube.com/watch?v=9zZv3qFEo8w&list=PL48FF688ED524427C

Or if you just find his voice too distracting try this album. it's a bad that does just covers of his stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=CcI0cZhwd6A&t=5s

Or this one, which is a bunch of artist doing his work, like Tom Waits and Beck.
youtube.com/watch?v=L5OH09DEtWE&list=PLzlFxF3ta8L3V8_qMYc1jBa-3LlLCvX_L

Do any DJ fans agree or disagree with this advice?