Can any medfags tell me what this is and how to get rid of it?

Can any medfags tell me what this is and how to get rid of it?

It started over a month ago and hasn't cleared up. The area feels very bumpy and the bumps often get dry. It looks like shit when it's dry so I periodically moisturize it with facial moisturizer or body lotion.

Herpes simplex

sudocrem

Crustitis of the chin (multiple crustulations)

you've got the herp you derp

Use a clean razor

Do you shave against the grain?
I used to get it when I used disposable razor, since I started shaving with a straight razor it stopped.

Good idea. How often would you recommend changing out blades? I shave about once every three days.

I used to get that in the same spot before, although a lot less worst, I use Spectro Sensitive Skin Care
It is in a tube and it is like butter almost. Really good stuff

I shave 4 ways. First with grain, then to the side. But that area isn't too hard to shave. But I've been doing that for a while while this is a recent development.

Also the skin in the affected area is always red. Doesn't hurt to touch though.

Herpes.... There's not cure rip op

it's the first sign that you have zika virus... in 7-10 days your head will begin to shrink

super aids?

It looks like folliculitis and ingrown hairs. Go to a dermatologist.

I don't want to go to a dermatologist. But I might. Thanks.

Shaving there sucks.

Stop, at least for a few weeks.

Bring back the Imperial.

You should change blades when you feel a difference in your shave. If you're having to work harder to move the blade, or the blade is getting snagged on hairs, or you're cutting yourself etc, it's a good indication you need to swap.

Also be sure to clean your blades after each use so that you wash away all the dirt properly.

I tought i had Herpes once got similar things around my lips and i found out it I'm allergic to some soaps and bath products i bought natural products and it's gone now also not touching it makes a huge difference

I have to shave for my job, sadly. Then again I'm going to see if I can get away with growing a beard.

here again

Stop shaving like that. Too close of a shave causes some people to get ingrown hairs. Shave with one pass, with the grain.

That's cumrash op, stop sucking so much dick and you'll be fine.

AND use fucking aftershave! the propper shit you tip in your hand and dab on, not the spray on gay stuff

Staph infection. Go get antibiotics.

How do I cleaned blade?

Just dip in alcohol? Or...

Try not shaving for a week or two. See if it clears up.

Thanks. No idea what it could be really because I use a couple different things that I've been using for a while. And I don't use anything on just that one small area. I did stop using petroleum jelly on it a couple weeks back but I don't think that did much.

I think I may have developed lactose intolerance though. I wonder if it could be related.

Psoriasis.

Get a shampoo neutrogena makes out of tar. Yes, tar.

You're gonna use very little, and lather those scabbie motherfuckers up. It cleans all the shit on top of your skin and if you do it often it starts closing the pores again and looks normal.

Do you have that shit on your scalp or the sides of your nose?

Wash it frequently while shaving for a start, every 2nd or 3rd stroke you should be rinsing the hairs off of the blade.

After the shave, just run the razor under warm/hot water but make sure you wash it from BEHIND. So the part you press against the skin, the water should be hitting the back of that, flowing through the gap in the blades and getting the hairs out. If you apply the water to the front of the blade, you won't get as much.

You can buy brushes that you can use to wipe the blades as you wash to get more hairs out.

Also, to keep the blades from getting dull when not in use, store it in a less humid place than your bathroom, or some kind of zip bag to keep it dry (obviously dry it before putting it in the bag).

I'll try that but if I don't shave against the grain I can feel the stubble in certain areas of my face. Oddly most on one side. Also I'm kind of a perfectionist about it, even if it hurts.

It's called impetigo. Use antibiotic cream. If doesn't clear up, go to doctor. It's super contagious

Just to add, this advice is for cleaning of the blade. While storing can help protect the blade itself, you will still need to replace your blade every 3 weeks or so, depending on your usage.

I'll get some aftershave, thanks.

Any over the counter? Or would I need to see a dermatologist?

Ok you need to learn how to shave properly.
Firstly you are going to need to spend a little money. You can get most of what you need rather cheaply if you look online and over time buy better stuff.

1) stop using disposable razors. Such as Gillette , mach 3 , etc
2) buy a proper razor. I am not talking about a cut throat razor but an old style razor , sometimes called an open razor or a straight razor . They are handles that take the flat razor . Ya know the blade time that emo kids like to cut themselves with.

They are much cheaper and better value than any disposable razor . I suggest the Wilkinson sword ones as I've found them good.

3) a shaving brush . Badger hair type is best as the synthetic ones fall apart

4) shaving soap. You want something that's good and will make up a good lather for shaving

5) a bowl or mug for mixing the lather

Now if you Google you can read up on how to shave properly. Best time is at night after a shower. You need plenty of hot water and once you have shaved then you splash on cold water to close your pores.
Artofmanliness.com probably has a few things on how to shave properly.

You will need to spend a good 20 mins or more shaving. Trust me, if you do it right . You will have no soreness or ingrown hairs.

My razor handle is a butterfly type. Meaning I twist the handle and the head opens up. I drop the blade in and close. Then after one shave. I take the blade out and turn it over. And get another shave.

Depending on your hair type and such you might get 2 or more shaves off a blade side.
Personally I only get one shave. And I leave it at that as you need a good edge to shave properly.

I have a alot of facial hair growth, but now I only have to shave every 2 days

I was diagnosed with psoriasis over 10 years ago (I'm 25) when I was picking at major plaques on my scalp. However it seemed to have cleared up quickly after using that tar shampoo and even after quickly quitting that shampoo I have never seen any plaques since. We think it may have been a misdiagnosis. But now I'm not sure.

Will do, thanks!

Stop using whatever you're using now could be anything even the shampoo go to an herbal store and buy everything natural also go see a doctor i think you got those things infected because of touching it you may need antibiotics now

It's impetigo

The shampoo doesn't cure it or anything, if it starts it helps to stop it entirely.

I have to use it regularly. Every two or three days. If not if starts all over my head and face.

It's your immune system thinking your doing needs to get fucked up like if it were an foreign element. Most people, they stop the process and it's corrected. For some like me, it's chronic.

ur dehydrated cut all booze and exercise then eat healthy and be clean ie stop being schizo

it'll go away

stop touching ur face and ur self

Sounds like a lot of work but thanks

It's a leprosy. You should leave your house immediately and join to the leprosy colony. That's what lepers usually do - live together in colonies. If there isn't any leprosy colony in your vicinity you must set up yours own.

It's hot and I've recently increased my alcohol consumption. I have 1 beer left in my fridge so after that I'll drink water for a month and see if anything changes. Thanks user.

u should get a new toothpaste, maybe ur allergic to the one u'r using

This is NO herpes (and no cancer, by the way) first disinfect this (use tea tree oil because this is against all these small animals) repeat for some days! do not shave at first for minimum 3 days to look if the inflammation will stop. No other fucking cream, dude. If this not works, kill yourself

when humans touch their face its a sign they are lieing/worried/concerned

i sometimes see chicks do it or guys do it when i walk past i know they are nervous/intimidated/probably want the d

lots of times u dont even realise ur doing it its instinctual but if u have better self control and awareness u can turn ur knowledge to advantage

I'm a registered nurse with my Bachelor's.
STOP SHAVING THIS AREA.
Let the skin test for at least 2 weeks and keep the area clean and dry, wash every time you go to the restroom. Will resolve in a month. Don't abuse the area with trans like squeezing super hard. You'll be good to go.

You're hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands are sensitive in this area for you, leave them alone for a while and your body will make the proper adjustments. Do. Not. Touch.

>lieing
Everything you said is instantly disregarded

Test = rest

Very extreme advice, but thanks. I have a gun should the need for a final solution arrive.

I touch my face a lot. Shit.

I'll follow this advice. Thanks nurse!

next time someone cums on your face you need to wipe it up quickly

egocentrism

> (You)
>I touch my face a lot. Shit.
so do i but its because i like the sensation of my own company and enjoyment of the touch
so i try to stay standardsly clean

Duly noted, user

It should be added that I don't touch the affected area... unless I'm picking at this shit. Which is probably part of the issue I suppose.

You're supposed to be able to feel stubble, idiot. You don't want the hair to get cut below the skin.

I thought a proper shave was supposed to leave you with smooth skin?

Could be just an extreme case of shaving bumps.

As far as dealing with the dryness goes, use liquid glycerin. You can find it in stores around the other facial care products.

You got razorburn which caused ingrown hairs. Those hairs got infected by something nasty, I would guess fungal, and now you have a longer term problem. See a dermatologist, they can prescribe an antifungal cream. You could also try applying non-prescription antifungal cream to it. Moisturizers will only prolong your suffering because they'll keep the fungus fed on the surface.

Fucking grammar snobs. Do you realize that there are loads people here whose native language isn't English? Your condescending attitude isn't going to improve situation. Isn't it that hard to correct people instead of being offensive?

Thanks. Any good antifungal creams you'd recommend?

Well I think the thread will 404 soon so if it does, thanks everyone for all your help.

growing a beard and using a trimmer could also be a possibility, because shaving in that condition may damage the skin more, keep it clean and leave it alone (don't pick it).

but it's strange you don't know how to shave properly, didn't you get taught by your dad?

you have dry skin and acne, which means you have no idea how to look after skin

a flamethrower will fix it

My dad never taught me how to shave. But I'm white so I have a dad.

I moisturize my skin though.

Also I have no flamethrower so I should probably just kill myself then.

Not necessarily, depends on the person, since different people might have thicker hair, etc. It's like how some people just have a permanent 5 O'clock shadow. You should only do one pass over the area if able, else you will cause skin irritation. Plus find a good moisturizer and use it daily and after your shave.

It helps also if you think of your facial skin as a sensitive thing in general and treat shaving as a relaxing activity...look into better shaving cream in so your skin doesn't dry out, maybe look into pre and post shave stuff without alcohol, maybe get a straight razor (expensive, but last a loooong time and you save money overall)

dude, you need to make sure your hands are clean before your mosturize, your skin is the protective coating around your fucking body and your skin is all fucked up.

You rub anything on that and your pushing shit into your body, if you have a fungal or bacterial infection and you are unhygienic, then that fungus is now living on your fucking moisturizer. See the problem?

I usually only put it on after a shower. And I wash my hands a lot.

you got the aids
nah, just kidding, it's folliculitis
or aids

>I don't want to go to a dermatologist
WELL FUCK YOU THEN