youtube.com/watch?v=_cdwMCIRrok
youtube.com/watch?v=fXIq2APBwDE
youtube.com/watch?v=1zqMAMriDTw
amazon.com/IWB-202PFGL-10-OL-Straight-Premium-Instrument/dp/B00R6OX8SY
youtu.be/GVlwqflKUfY
youtube.com/watch?v=jlVdGCPeq8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So how about them guitars amirite?

>how do i learn to play guitar without getting a teacher?
pic related, 5 hours into this and i've learned more from it and any shitty video or whatever, way more fun than simply trying to fuck around. gotta get the cable too, so it's some money, but you've already bought a guitar so don't be a cheap bitch.
Wish there'd be more genres in it though, but still, best way imo.

So a few threads ago a guy who had been playing for 10 months posted a video of him playing, I've been playing for 11 months and I wanted to post some of the stuff I've come up with. This videos where taken quite a while ago, so I might come up with something and upload it to show where I am right now, but anyways, enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=7c0YNH6h6Nc

youtube.com/watch?v=DP25XOAQKMY

youtube.com/watch?v=_cdwMCIRrok

youtube.com/watch?v=fXIq2APBwDE

Opinions on Rob Chapman guitars?

>There are no rules. I think it's funny when people take all these music theory classes, it's exactly that. It's theory. You have 12 fucking notes, the 13th one is the octave, do whatever you want with them. It's really that simple. There are no mistakes - EVH
kek theory fags btfo

Jimi Hendricks never learned music theory, why should I?

"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist"

-(presumably) Pablo Picasso.

How important is 'proper' hand positioning? The vast majority of guitarists Ive seen dont actually play like this

because he played for 12 hours a day for a decade before he got big

is it wrong to not care much for the theory side of things if my ultimate goal is to make music that sounds good to me?
I like making songs that do use my guitars but I prefer to use it to make textures and noises that culminate in a final product that I think sounds good rather than obsessing over chords and that
is there anything that is completely essential to know other than shit like how to hold the guitar, the pick and how to press the frets?

Post dream pedals

>(presumably)
lol

you can play this with a regular guitar cable and a game patch

But there aren't 12 notes and an octave there are 11

pedal general when?
Also is anyone else there addicted to /fuzz//

I know they're all pretty meme tier but what I wouldn't give

How well does this work with a USB mic? I'm assuming not very well but I don't want to purchase the overpriced specific wire for rocksmith

It looks like the Babadook in the thumbnail

A little, nice digits btw

Am I a douche if I'm about to record my guitar tracks in multiple parts instead of one straight shot? With the loudness of my amp I'm bound to make mistakes here and there and I don't like redoing a full 7 minute guitar track because I messed up at 5 minutes

If your posting it here upload it however you like, no one really minds the format

I'm looking for a pedal that just does trem any rec's?

How do I get a sound like the Cure?

be gay as shit

>ask actual question about technique or music
>endless circle jerk about pedals continues

Helpful, as always.

bumping this question
curious

If you understand music theory you can spend less time figuring out how to play what you hear in your head, and more time actually creating what you want to hear.
You'll figure it all out eventually anyway, but it'll be easier to figure out if you have some sort of knowledge of theory. It's not a set of rules.

yeah this

Sorry mate, I don't really know much about tremolo

Hey guys, I'm a guitar noob. I just got my first guitar yesterday.

My ring finger keeps muting other strings, and it's been frustrating trying to manipulate it to where it needs to be. In a D chord, it mutes the e string, and in a C chord, it keeps muting the fucking D string.

What do I do? Do I just need to keep going at it? I have pretty long and slender fingers, so it's surprising to me how I'm even having this problem.

>Do I just need to keep going at it?
Yes. Keep practicing everyday for 2 hours. In a month or so you'll get it.

based

Post your guitarfu

fag

I'd fly her V if you know what I mean

first time posting in this general. I hae a fender telecaster, and recently my friend gave me his fender stratocaster for free. I'm not very good, but I like jamming with friends, as I also have a drumset.

Post pics

So what you're saying is just to let muscle memory take over?

Isn't two hours a day, everyday, for a month a bit too much? I'll have a go at it, but I'm a bit skeptical since everywhere else, and from my friends, say that 15-30 min. a day is enough.

steven vai was doing 10 hours a day. id stop listening to those friends of your if i was you.

He seems like a nice guy but they are meme guitars

Eva Hendricks of Charly Bliss

kek
anything under 5 hours a day won't hurt you.
if you go for the long haul you really gotta stay focused on your plan

Can I use the PC version of this with my guitar plugged in through an audio interface?

>vai was doing 10 hours a day
>still can't make any music worth listing to
further proof skill is no substitute for raw talent

its not a substitute for those gorgeous cheekbones of his either

>have other people write your music
>perform it
>?????????????????
>profit

Proper form can decrease strain on the fingers and facilitate economical position changes. It's no sin not to use it though. If it's comfortable and works, do it. If you are experiencing cramps and have difficulty cleaning up your sloppy fretting then it's time to go back to basics and sort out your form. Same goes for posture and strap length.

why the fuck Mr. Sandman by Chat Atkins is so damn difficult.
I feel like i'm gonna break my fingers doing these weird chords.

>implying he isn't using theory when he writes his music

but i somewhat agree with him. theory is descriptive and you can't use it to write original music

Should I be cleaning my guitar pick up when I change my strings? What should I be using to clean it?

Doesn't really matter for most stuff but for big stretches you'll definitely have to position your hand that way

yeah i've been playing for like a decade and it took me around a month to really get it perfect (practicing intermittently). i posted a recording on here like a year ago or something

chet's a legend

>audience starts clapping along
STOP

No. I mean wipe the dust off the top occasionally but otherwise no.

Hes a meme but they seem like nice guitars

hnng

youtube.com/watch?v=1zqMAMriDTw

>audience claps along with the wrong tempo

>audience claps on 1 & 3

thanks for this, I'll delve into it further when I'm back in town
my playing lends itself to improvisational playing, more along the lines of free jazz than rock n roll which is why I even bothered asking

So there is a lot of corrosion on my guitar cable plug but to either buy steel wool from my hardware store or some Deox it form radio shack to clean it off would cost more than getting a cheap Chinese cable off of amazon. Are the cheap Chinese cables any good or should I just pay extra to get some wool or deoxit to fix up my current cable?

>audience claps off tempo
>Start playing at audience tempo
>Drummer tries to match
>audience tries to match drummer
>Kill myself on stage

Punch ins are common, if youve never done this have fun blending the parts together. But yeah, everyone does it. Even if someone plays something through the whole way with no mistakes, after playback they might want to redo or rework parts

I don't understand why you can't just buy a decent cable.

What cable should I get?

wtf dude how broke are you

A guy in area is offering a Peavy MAX 110 and a Squier Bronco for $150. I don't really want the Bronco, but the amp is pretty good from what I've heard. Should I buy the stuff from the guy and just use the Bronco as a backup, or just get a new amp (seeing as how I wouldn't know if it's a broken piece of shit)?

t. A guy buying his first gear

I'm p. broke.

This and off tempo sing alongs are why i use in-ears to a click track that the drummer is playing to. Been playing with a drummer recently thats too cool for that, whenever that happens my head is basically between his snare and hi hat.

Use ear protecton kids, they arent lying when they say it doesnt come back.

$4 for steel wool from home depot(next to sand paper) will probably last you for life if you dont do wood working or anything that uses it.

Or try soaking it in vinegar

These are the best cheap cables I've found

amazon.com/IWB-202PFGL-10-OL-Straight-Premium-Instrument/dp/B00R6OX8SY

hoppe's #9 solvent

Forgot I had it since I switched to a new cleaner for my guns.

How do they compare to Fender cables?

What's the difference between Fender Performance Series, Fender Custom Shop, and Fender California Series?

Does this actually work? I saw it for like $25 at the store but didn't pick it up right away.

I bought RS when I started playing guitar 3 years ago. I have 201 hours in the game. The one thing the game fails to teach is technique.

>audience claps along and keeps good time

9:11

youtu.be/GVlwqflKUfY

You can use the cable as an interface with other software. Works very well with guitar rig 5.

very nice

J Mascis will always be my guitarfu and idol

shes ugly
get a real girl like pic rel

>9/11
TRIGGERED

Way better than any cable I've tried for under $20 including Fender. The style of plug they use seems to do a better job of keeping the cables from breaking at that point where the connector meets the cable.

I'm rough as fuck on my cables and these have lasted me 2 years so far so I think they're pretty damn good for the money.

Telecaster

Stratocaster

youtube.com/watch?v=jlVdGCPeq8A

So here's one from me today, been playing guitar for 11 months and 5 days, rate my progress?

is this really worth it? Im planning on going to a teacher, but should I use this aswell?

Nice gear, you have cool friends if they gave you a strat for free

I guess technically it was my dad's friends. They were like just have it, and we were like you don't wanna sell it? And they were like nah. And we were like cool.

Thanks user.

Cool, your dad has cool friends, should I have figured it wasn't your friends, you post on Sup Forums

> 21 frets
Lol, did you get a cucked kid's model?

>calling the canonically cutest Keion ugly
Take your coal burner and leave.

>talks about canon
>falls for the mugi is a coalburner meme
ree

you don't need fret when you have the blues

What's the closest you can get to a J-45 without selling a kidney? A J-15? Anything from other guitar companies that are all solid wood, slope shoulder or 00, x braced and similar short babby scale as gibsons?