BBC's coverage of The Olympics

Diabolical really, the presenters are shit, the commentators are shit, they insist on filling their coverage with cheesy VTs, crap interviews and fucking awful forced banter.

Balding knows nothing about cycling.
Skelton knows nothing about swimming.
Logan knows nothing about athletics.

Just show the sports and stop fucking about.

Hey, the weightlifting ones are not bad. The lady absolutely destroys lifters when they fuck up.

Inverdale and Redgrave are based though

Correct, why don't these literal morons stick it all on one channel

Also diving commentator.

Dont watch any of the BBC channels, watch the direct feeds on the BBC Website.

GOOD TIP FOR ANYONE WANTING TO SNEAK A PEAK OF ANDY MURRAYS ASS CRACK
WATCH THE LIVE STREAM NOT THE BBC1/4 COVERAGE(HIGHLIGHTS STREAM) OPTIONS AS THEY CUT OUT ALL THE LEWD BITS

PS. THIS THREAD IS A JOKE TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT YOURSELF

Does anyone have audio of the female commentator on weightlifting? I hear she's absolutely based.

You do realise there's 2 main feeds (BBC1/BBC2 and BBC4) and then every event on it's own on the red button/online?

just watch the events on there, that's what i've been doing

It's not as good as other BBC stuff but it's pretty It's top tier especially compared to other broadcasters of the Olympics

>Watching BBC One instead of the individual feeds

I bet you watch Eastenders too.

Worst part is there is no "HEERE CUMMS BUH-RADLEY WEEGINS!!" guy in the cycling.

You have no idea how good we have it, m8.

NBC is far, far worse. NBC just wants to coddle blacks and muzzies.

If they stuck all the media lovey bullshit on one channel that would be great

I just hate the SJW shit on BBC news about muh black swimmers

Can we all agree that Rebecca Adlington was a catastrophe? Skelton too, but she looks nice at least.

You're a fucking idiot m8, just watch the individual streams.

It's called bone density.

Poor fag, dont you have sky? 472-487 is dedicated to BBC olympics, 8 channels in HD and SD. Failing that just press the red button and watch individual shit, they never have vts or cut to 3 dickheads recapping everything. Plus they have based commentators for weightlifting and a drunk guy who commentates on athletics, not even memeing the guy is pissed all the time and always stumbles over his words when he gets excited

Yes, I am aware of that, the RB channels are not HD though.

My annoyance is primarily the presenters and the unnecessary filler. I'm sick of seeing that fucking Michael Johnson VT about the greatest Olympian.

>and Redgrave are based though

Well duh.

It's actually pretty good, JUST STOP CHANGING THE FUCKING CHANNELS FFS IM SICK OF IT
BBC1 BBC2 BBC4 IDK WTF JKsjljahdgSHKETILHBRIHZET

Preferred Hugh Porter

Youre a fucking clown mate. Their coverage is top class

The fuck? The red button feeds are in HD you dickhead. You have to press the red button while you are on bbc one hd

also the way that the channels never line up with what is actually being shown. It'll say "Live Olympic Tennis" and it'll be Weightlifting, fucking annoying

This. I assume the bbc feeds are similar to the cbc ones in Canada. No bullshit, no filler video packages, just the entire event uninterrupted or edited.

Broadcast tv coverage is always bad.

Every time I say it you post that pic. Spooky.

I cant complain, better than NBC

thanks for the proxy BTW based brit

Based Direct TV sports

This, the diving guy knows his shit. I love listening to him explain things

Yes, Balding wasn't too bad on the swimming at London 2012, certainly not compared to the disaster she is on cycling at Rio.

Yes, the non-HD web streams you queers watch on your tablets

>giving money to eh murdoch jew
KYS

>Yes, I am aware of that, the RB channels are not HD though.

They are you mong

Does CBC have all the feeds? They never seem to show women's field hockey.

They are not HD, you smelly fucking paki

This.

Who channels /561-568/ here?

>Skelton too, but she looks nice at least.

She could at least wear short skirts every time. Mark Foster is okay.

Bbc doesn't have hd streams?

BBC coverage is 100000% better than Finnish coverage.

>This whining cunt

seriously look at the state of NBC and other countries coverage that have picture in picture adverts

the only reason you think the BBC is bad is because you haven't watched any other coverage you spoilt whinging baby

>getting called a clown by a spudnigger bog-trotting terrorist pikey

W E W
E
W

Orly poorfag?

he right though fuck off

Yes i believe so. Haven't checked out field hockey but every other sport i've tried to watch has had both live and archived feed available.

Ah, it seems the mummy's boys whose parents pay for MurdochVision have HD RB channels.

every one of them for every single event is in HD on the red button

>this paki crawling up bbc's arse

Kek

>Sky

I live by myself you dole dosser. Sky isnt even expensive when you have a job.

I've got freeview and it's HD when you press the red button on bbc one HD you absolute mug

Stop watching the shitty main channels and then you don't have to deal with their guff

i think it depends on how good your internet is, it's automatic

If you hate the bbc so much go watch cbc or nbc

you won't there, you'll carry on watching bbc like the good little cuck you are

disgusting

>tfw no 4k

Ridiculous that not even the track and field is in 4k, though I understand that is to do with the IOC or something

Not on Freeview. We've already cleared this up.

you dont need sky to watch it in HD you absolute mong

I have a smart tv and pressing red button just takes me onto their online streams.

thought cbc was alright? and I heard nbc is shit from all the posts on reddit

>mummy doesn't pay for it, p-p-pls believe me

The actual coverage of the individual sports is top top class.

But the decisions they make sometimes on the BBC1/BBC2 coverage is really bizarre, long as fuck cringey live interviews while there are 10 other events going on, that no attention purely because there's no british athletes involved.

Can't they have a room of people watching all the live events and just show us whatever is exciting at that time? The online coverage is so overwhelming, are you meant to sit and flick through event live feed until you find the best one? That's what the primetime coverage should be showing. Shambles.

think cbc has picture in picture adverts which minimise the sports lol

This.

Its ridiculous, ive had this fucking 4k tv for over a year and not a single thing gets broadcasted in 4k yet. The olympics was the perfect time to roll it out. But no, they just had to set it in a shithole country that to have broadcast in 4k you would be able to see every little knat and roach crawling all over the stadiums that it would bring shame to Brazil

Prove it. They're not HD

if you didn't have murdochvision you'd be able to see for yourself

I can confirm. Full hd tv here with freeview and only 3 olympic channels are in HD.

This.

>have a load of exciting sports happening
>show fucking golf instead

Based Hoy has been okay in the velodrome tbqh.

>literal pakis defending the bbc

What a surprise

For example, a ten minute interview on the main BBC show with the fucking rowing team/

why? its the same shit literally every single athlete says.

Oh all the training was worth it! We always believed in the methods! Its been a dream come true!

SHOW THE FUCKING OLYMPICS FOR FUCK SAKE

>long as fuck cringey live interviews while there are 10 other events going on
This is the worst. Just fucking save those interviews for after the Olympics. Stop interrupting the sports with this reality tv garbage.

BBC has been pretty good, you disgusting faggot.

Only BBC 1, 2 4 and the Olympic channel (114) are HD on Freeview

Yep. That's what I've got.

I don't have it, that's the point

dubs for a disaster or terrorist attack tomorrow

> dutch channel

> dutch athlete wins gold in keirin a 'historic' moment
> eredivisie starts but they say they are going to show the medal ceremony between the match 'live'
> show eredivisie fucking ado vs vitesse instead while bbc is showing the live ceremony
> after the match show the ceremony 'live´

caught in the act fuckers.

They aren't streaming any handball until the quarterfinals

My only problem is not every single bit of coverage is aired.

Like for example you couldn't switch tables for the table tennis which meant we didn't get to see Kim compete at one point.

Skelton's fit though so I don't care.

I'm really pissed off at how fucking fluffy all the commentary is.

>ooh how are you feeling
>ur mum's here xD

talk to me technicals, I want to know where they might slip up, what their strengths are, I want someone to explain the tactics (as Chris Hoy just did explaining accelerating into a slipstream).

>tfw it is going to get much much worse.

Discovery has the rights for all of Europe now so the BBC will have to negotiate with them

t. spoilt brat

No, he's such a cunt Redgrave is refusing to talk to him, are you on crack

The BBC have the rights up to and including 2024, both winter and summer.

The only commentators that are totally unbearable are the gymnastic ones

BBC needs to justify itself or find itself privatised.

can't wait for it to get fucked.

Plus isn't the Olympics a protected event like the football world cup? Doesn't it have to be broadcast on free-to-air television?

t. paki

I'm watching smooth HD to iPlayer on tv you goon. Ffs

Yes but it has to negotiate what it can show with Discovery where as before it was direct to the Olympics so they could show more.

It will be less coverage as Discovery will show every single bit while the BBC will show most of it.

It is going to be a lot shitter.

Can't really do shit when they are forced to make £150m in cuts which should be coming from elsewhere.

Would you prefer the

*the rest of this post will return after these commercials*

American way

*the rest of this post will return after these commercials*

Olympics?

*wow! incredible action during that last break! Let's catch the replay!*

of covering the

Ignore this dumb twat he's wrong

>he reads the Sun

Haha pleb.

BBC2 has shown 2 interviews with both the mens and then the womens 8-person rowing teams over the last hour.

2 interviews. over an hour. on the middle saturday. with literally 100s of hours of live footage to choose from.

liar

Yes, £150 would go a long way for me atm.

I'm watching 720p 50fps RB stream right now

Completely agree it's all first names and squealing.

Because there is fuck all on right now.

Basketball, Football, Weightlifting.

All 3 are shit and 2 of them shouldn't even be Olympic sports