GIVE ME ONE(1) JUST ONE REASON NOT TO BUY THIS SHIT!

GIVE ME ONE(1) JUST ONE REASON NOT TO BUY THIS SHIT!

Made in the USA

I asked for a reason not to buy it.

What is that? Exercise machine for training your palm so you can grip you penis stronger while masturbating?

It clearly says to train your grip strength.

>advanced spring and a quide to use it
>almost $200

Yes

Lasts forever and is definitely worth it tho

Plus how is that expensive? You get like 5 of them

wtf is a quide btw

unless youre a professional roller coaster rider, what the fuck could you possibly NEED this for.

To train your grip strength, it has a lot of benefit and just for fun mostly I guess...

A better question is why not?

bump

psl respond

Just get a knockoff from eBay which has the same rating, Rogue is always expensive

I have feminine hands and soft palms so whenever I shake someones hand they'll know I'm a lazy NEET faggot

I bought an hand grip exerciser like this for like £2 off a chinese seller

It's from ironmind but they don't ship to Canada so it's easier to order from here, best price for canadians desu. But you're right usually prices retardedly expensive.

That's less than useless though, you won't really train shit. Why not just spend some money for an actually good product?

>Why not just spend some money for an actually good product?
Because I'm not currently employed or claiming benefits

You're saying as if making a spring and a couple handles requires decades of training. The materials to make a single one of those do not exceed 5 dollars. The work needed can easily be made by a machine for cheap. You're paying for a brand, not for a product. What you want is the best quality/price. Now in complex and complicated stuff, you might want to go with a brand name, but something literally made out of 4 pieces, with essentially 1 moving part? You feel for the "yeah, our products are really expensive, but they're the best quality, you can trust me, I'm the one trying to sell them"

t. worked on a metal workshop

Why would you need 5 of them ? It's not like you are going to use more than 2 at once and you ain't gonna break it either

>feel

fell

I don't know how to make this shit. And less than 9 hours of minimum wage work in exchange for a product of proven quality, that's been made for many years and is guaranteed tested at a certain pressure is worth it to me.

Basically it's like this.

Is 9 hours of minimum wage work more difficult for me than learning how to make fucking grippers that are of equal, or comparable quality to this company, that's been making them for decades and are used by professional strongmen?

The answer, to me, is that it's worth it.

How would you even test the pressure at which to close these? I have no idea how to do that. i don't even know how to make shit out of metal, let alone ever stepped foot in a metalworking shop, and I don't wish to learn particularly much.

So then, why should I not buy it?

>Why would you need 5 of them ?

They're at different strengths. You move on from one after a while.

I'm just saying that there has to be other manufacturers around with products of same quality at a lowe price. However, if you have the disposable income and don't have any other, more urgent spending or investment you want to do, go ahead

Oh, and btw, there are adjustable ones. You essentially tight or loose a thread, and it moves the spring back and forth, giving you a range of resistance. Might be cheaper than buying 5 different ones

I can work at McDonald's for about 8 hours and buy this.

Or I can spend the time, effort and money to learn how to make this. Which will likely take me far more than 8 hours. and there's a high chance I will fuck something up or make it shittier.

>I'm just saying that there has to be other manufacturers around with products of same quality at a lowe price

They don't have proven track records of quality.

Ironmind is literally the industry standard in this "field".

What I do for grip strength are deadlifts, weighted pullups, indian clubs and burying my hands in rice.

You can do kettle bell turnovers or hold anything heavy with the tip of your fingers, use just a few fingers for pullups and towel pull ups. I do this for bjj. Also there are cheaper brands of this, OP you disgusting neet faggot loser

>Also there are cheaper brands of this

yeah and they're garbage

I do double overhand deadlifts up to about 305lbs too but then my grip starts to slip.

Use mixed grip and chalk

Obviously, but that doesn't help my grip lol

That's why I want to train it with these grippers

Made in USA means it's shit quality and overly expensive, look for a decent one from China or some other inexpensive Asian country, if you really want it, often quality is higher than any other country and it's much cheaper. Or go to your local dump or whatever and collect some parts to put something like this together yourself.

Literally just attach a bike grip or some shit to a spring or on top of a cheaper one.

why dude... it's fucking $80 you guys make it seem like it's expensive

I spend more on weed in a week than that, and this is actually useful unlike weed.

get the 140lbs cuz you lift n shit

Yeah I was going to get the set of #1, 1.5 and 2

Eventually I want to get up to #3, but they say like 120 people in the world have been certified officially by ironmind of closing it.

I was refuting your idea that it wasn't a reason not to buy it, it's two negatives; lower quality and more expensive. However if you got the money, go ahead lad, it'll surely work fine. Seems like you've already decided.

Hmm, alright well if that doesn't help then just use wrist straps.

>Lower quality

But it's not though. Why would it be?

Senpai i do that, I just want to get strong as fuck grip and be able to crush raw potatoes and bend horseshoes.

I either use hookgrip or straps otherwise.

I will give you several
These one in pic related are cheaper. (They're called heavy grips grippers)
They're better spaced out in weight (6 of them in 50 lbs jumps starting from 100)
From what I heard they also have better knurling.

Now if you really want to get into grip training I also recommend you buy a hangboard. The metolius simulator 3d is the best one I used, the grip variety in it is incredible.
Atomik bombs are also great, which ever ones you choose to use.
Another great trick is to use a stick with a screw in it, tie some Paracord to the screw to hang weight off of and roll it up. If you can get a thick stick to use it's better.
Another thing is double overhand DL without straps, with a slightly loose grip where you hang the weight instead of over squeezing the bar.
Also fist push-ups and push-ups with your fingers are top notch for grip.

Forgot the pic.
Happy training fan.

>(They're called heavy grips grippers)

Said to be poorly calibrated and lower quality, though.

Hangboard seems kind of interesting but a little overkill. I think if I keep doing rackpulls, double overhand deads, weighted pullups and get these grippers it should be enough.

Also you forgot to mention extensor bands. (trains the opposite of crushing in your hands, and necessary or else you'll get severe carpral tunnel from only crushing).

>Made in USA
>shit quality
"no"

I agree that it tends to be more expensive, though.

>china
>quality
hahaha oh wow

Maybe from Taiwan.

>poorly calibrated

They're grippers, not medical equipment. A 10% error on a 50lb gripper will give you what? a 5lb difference? Big deal, not like your muscles will give a fuck with that small difference

He literally said it's significantly more than 10%.

"I can do a couple dozen reps on a 250lb gripper but only 5 on the CoC rated at about 195" [PARAPHRASED]

Do some rock climbing or more specifically hangboards and Olympic rings
Also don't squeeze the bar when you do deadlifts

>Said to be poorly calibrated and lower quality, though.

Not at all my experience desu. I've been using them for over a year now and they work fine. As I said I prefer than to CoC in terms of knurling as well. But it's up to you what you want to buy.

Hangboards aren't overkill at all, if I would've had to choose one tool to train grip strength it would be a hangboard, just so you know. The grips involved in them (jugs, crimps, half crimps, open hand and slopers) strengthen the living shit out of your pulling abilities. They also engage your arms slot better in pull ups, I prefer doing pullups on a hangboard than on a bar because of it, the contraction you get from it in every muscle involved is loads better. You get a batter pump as well.

Extensor training is much simpler, and btw push ups on your fingers train the extensors as well. But other than that just get thick rubber bands and open your hands against resistance.

On the matter of carpal tunnel and other tendon injuries, avoid overtraining, especially in crimp grip. And stretch after every session, and stretch longer than you would other body parts, as the hand and forearm tend to get tight as fuck both in closing and opening.

thanks senpai

You a rockclimber or some shit anyway?

Ahh I got you senpai

The martial artists practice moving around big jars full of liquid with just their finger tips for that

>towel pull ups

Gi pullups are better imo, used to do them in judo practice.

Rice is pretty GOAT too, forgot about that. Shaolin monks do it with sand as well if I remember correctly. Must be savage on the back of your hands though.

NP bae
Yeah I rock climb, but mainly I just have a forearm fetish.

How about this?

I bought two from a seller from Hong Kong on Amazon for like 5 euros each. They go from 22 to 88lbs, and work perfectly fine. Only thing I don't like is the plastic grip handle which can get uncomfortable after maybe ten or fifteen minutes.

I just use them to warm up, or to occupy my hands when watching a movie or something.

cool. Rock climbing seems pretty cool I actually kind of want to start doing that.

I only lift weights, do swimming and play baseball. I want to try a new cool sport

Rock climbing is my favorite sport, it's like active meditation in some weird way.

Is it hard to get into?

I'm a little scared of heights

Not really, climbing gyms have routes easy enough for kids.
If you're scared of heights maybe try bouldering.

When you climb outdoors there's gear cost to factor in, also depending on what type of climbing you do. But try it out most gyms have passes by the hour or by the day, so you don't have to get a membership right away.

Cool I'll try it senpai

Because it doesn't do shit. Grip strength alone is useless. Go to a gym or at least do some calisthenics if you want to be stronger.

I already do that.

But I want to crush potatoes and bend horseshoes.

Far too expensive. You can just buy virtually the same thing for 10% of the price.

Your grip strength will develop with regular upper body training anyway. Also with supplementation with wrist exercises.

>Lives in the most prosperous nation of all time

>Thinks the equivalent of $62 USD for a tool of massive value is too expensive

cmon m'lad.

It's not improving sufficiently enough.

As stated I already do weighted pullups, strapless deadlifts, etc etc. It doesn't matter how much lifting I do I will never match dedicated training of crushing strength.

Fore arm gains

They fuck up your hands on the long run. But go ahead if you are going to kill yourself before you turn 50 anyway.

Explain how they will fuck your hands up by 50 if you also train extensors.

That thing fucks up finger mobility, so after few years of active practice you will have trouble gripping anything smaller than baseball.

Do you have any empirical evidence to support your claim?

My uncle fucked his hands with that thing.

That is anecdotal, not empirical.