Sup Forumsros show me your EDC knives, I know mines shit but I don't have much money now

Sup Forumsros show me your EDC knives, I know mines shit but I don't have much money now.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.ca/itm/Blue-Karambit-Doppler-Csgo-Knife-Go-Cs-Fixed-Blade-Counter-Strike-Combat-Knife-/222143315306?hash=item33b8c5fd6a:g:4PoAAOSwzJ5XVTGk
amazon.com/Hausbell-Cree-Mini-Flashlight-Piece/dp/B00CEOII9K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1473272781&sr=8-6&keywords=led flashlight
amazon.com/Zebra-Stainless-Ballpoint-Retractable-Pen/dp/B0141DN1CA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473272648&sr=8-1&keywords=zebra 701 stainless pen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

other view

another one

last view

Same, mine are cheap ass hell from massdrop I think both were like $20

Pic of both

mine was in clearance at winners

thinking about buying a karambit on ebay

What is EDC?

every day carry

Electric daisy carnival

I can't do cheap knives anymore. After my first real nice blade, it's worth it to drop $50+ on a knife.

that or I'm going to make one

Cold Steel spartan

I don't use it often and when I do it's usually a simple cut so I don't really mind it.

yea I guess but I can't get a gravity assisted knife or a spring loaded knife because of the laws in canada

This is mine

how much was it?

well worn, how long have you had it?

Look up CRKT knives, they're niether. Finger assisted.

Loooooove CRKT

2 years, but still razor sharp. I sharpen once a month or so, but it holds a great edge. The knife itself is very well made and has held up to a lot.
Plus very slim profile makes my favorite EDC that i've ever had.

yep, same here. i'm not on their payroll, but for the money they are the best i've used.

since most decent folders are illegal to carry.

legal fixed blade motherfuckers

Just for fun I've had my eye on this knife here but money is tight right now and I cant find a job

ebay.ca/itm/Blue-Karambit-Doppler-Csgo-Knife-Go-Cs-Fixed-Blade-Counter-Strike-Combat-Knife-/222143315306?hash=item33b8c5fd6a:g:4PoAAOSwzJ5XVTGk

where is it illegal to have folders?

real steal hs s1

believe me its worth a look

premium steel, lightweight, excellent quality.

you misspelled steel but its a nice knife

germany.
all folders that can be opened and locked one handed are illegal to carry.

and with enough time you can even operate a fucking opinel one handed.

so they outlawed pretty much every decent folding knife.

on the other hand you can carry a 4 inch fixed blade legally.

Not necessaries the folder style, but how it opens

great britain, you can get arrested i the branches on your tree are to pointy

Yeah, fuck that place. I hate having to layover there.

Also. Witnessed.

My two dailies, Balisongs are legal in my state
Authentic Benchmade 42
Benchmade Adamas paid a pretty penny

CRKT Tighe Tac Two (Clip Point). Pretty decent knife as far as low tier range goes. Doe s the job just fine.

This shot is kinda shitty but gives you a better look at the handle on it.

I'll make up the difference with a front angle.

lucky In Canada butterfly knives are illegal

decent looking knife looks brand new

D2 Sibert, I sharpen it on a diamond stone at 20ยบ and it shaves paper, hasn't let me down once

I keep it in good condition and have this weird obsession with keeping it clean. I sharpen it on a Japanese waterstone and frequently rinse it with a tad of water then wipe it off.

got one last month, its perfection.

only thing i did to it was switching the graphite based grease for food grade silicone grease, so it is safe for food prep.

easy to clean and to take apart.
most likely going throw one in my hunting bag as skinner

>Folders

I love that finish

that high quality pixelation

d2 is a hell of a steel.

my d'eskabar has seen a ton of work and abuse.

only thing i had to do in 2 years: resharpen it twice.
also i vinegar etched it, because certain spots began to darken and made it look dirty all the time.

>edcing something that doesn't fold

No one carries swords??

folder mechanics wear out over time, get dirty, can fail, harder to clean,

small fixed > folder

Not BM Axis locks. They withstand 1600 lbs before failing

We're not anime faglords...

>EDCing something that will more easily break
>inb4 so am I

Yeah, I'll make sure to let you know when I wear out or break a folder in edc tasks
>14 years and counting, you might get bored waiting

How are ZT's? Always been Benchmade

they still can fail.
drop it in the mud and test again.

>falling for bullshit marketing this badly
>mfw

I've broken a few folders and a fixed blade. Maybe I'm too rough, maybe they're too wimpy. Who's to say?

I like ZT a lot better. Benchmade is going downhill while their prices keep going up. ZT's are big and heavy, but very durable and high quality.

>drop it in the mud and test again.
who the fuck would purposely drop their knife in the mud?

Criket is pretty cheap shit...look up the made in china Syperco's (Birdseye??)
or the san remu - made in chine generic versions of knives sold in bix box stores for about 1/2 the price

Kershaw makes good knives that are affordable- look for the Kershaw blemished "blems' that have minor visual issues but still function perfectly.

Cheap knives suck.

Cold Steel makes some decent affrodable fixed knives that are strong AF, ad under $25.

BEST bargins:
Mora fixed blade knives from scandinavia for $15
or
The folding Opinel from france- great steel and simple non tacticool design, from about $10

If you want a big horking folder- the Onatrio Rat 1 is a solid beast.

All available online or on amazon

>EDC knife
>mud

What exactly does your daily life entail user?

>I've broken a few folders and a fixed blade
In edc rotation?

i bet you also believe in cold steels proof testing

Not bullshit when they have the hydro press with the digital gauge displaying it fuck wad

not everybody is working inside, you know.

outside world ? ever heard of it ?
its the one with the life-like graphics and weather and shit.

and sometimes things get dropped.

So you'll look like a tard if you ever have to use it in defense ? You'll end up like throwing it across the street on accident

So you work outside, in the rain, where you drop your knife in mud but you recommend a 1095 blade and Micarta handle?

Even if I was going to edc a fixed, it sure as shit wouldn't be an Esee in those situations.

There's absolutely no reason to carry an out the front knife on you, like for real.... the only point is at the end of the knife

Why the name calling?
... oh that's right, you're 15.
Put any sort of torsional force on a Benchmade at 1600lbs. and watch it shatter.
>inb4 you're not supposed to do that
Well shit happens.

Be as ignorant as you want, I've seen it in several displays

micarta is the best handle material out there.
water, blood urine, you name it.
it will never slips. got a nice patina on the primary edge, but no rust so far.
esee coating is excellent.

Holy fuk that's gay. Dude, buy a real knife and and study some escrima.

If you need self defense on the down low- a small bright LED flashlight will blind the fuck of out someone at night and allow you to either beat them down or escape... Amazon has a great one for like 5 or 5 bucks- has tons of reviews
Here's the design, and this seller has TWO for $8!! been EDCing these for 5 years with zero problems. I like the rechargeable Enloop master race batteries
amazon.com/Hausbell-Cree-Mini-Flashlight-Piece/dp/B00CEOII9K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1473272781&sr=8-6&keywords=led flashlight

and the Zebra brand stainless steel pen model #701 is a primo stabbing weapon. Lots of cops use this pen because it make sa great back up/last ditch weapon.
Find them ay any office supply store, or get a 2 pack for $13
amazon.com/Zebra-Stainless-Ballpoint-Retractable-Pen/dp/B0141DN1CA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473272648&sr=8-1&keywords=zebra 701 stainless pen

It also isn't on the blade, it's downward on the axis lock, it withstands 1600 lbs per square inch before small failure in the mechanism

Decent price, effective, lightweight, doesn't snag on shit, and has serrations so perfect for everyday use. I'm a butcher and a beekeeper, doing stuff with ropes and flat straps and what not eventually any knife that isn't a kabar pretty much WILL run into issues. I don't like spending to much on something that won't last anyway and these I found to be a great inbetween. Plus being a butcher for 10 years I know how to get a razor edge that will last

there's a chick in my hometown that walks around with a claymore on her back, no joke. It's huge

Ok, gonna go ahead and agree to disagree here matey, I'm never going to convince you of the advantages of edcing a folder and you aren't going to convince me the durability of a fixed is any sort of advantage in day to day life.

Spyderco PM2

>seen it in several displays
>displays
Not in actual use.
I could probably snap a 940 in half with my hands.

Up and down force on the axis lock is solid enough, it's the side to side forces where it's much weaker than a fixed blade. I bet the marketing demonstration didn't show you that, though, so you wouldn't know.

well I'm sure that'll come in handy when I need to pry my car out of a ditch

Used to have that for my EDC, but if I lose a $100 knife, I won't buy another one.

As a butcher I'll happily disagree with you on that one, wood is superior for many applications. My ones I use now I made myself with maple on the fingertip side and walnut on my palm side, great grip. Micarta is terrible with fish as well, they make terrible filet knife grips and pork and chicken both make it super slick, beef makes it sticky

>weird obsession with keeping it clean
gaaaaay

used mine for field dressing and general processing of game /innawoods/ a lot.
micarta still outperforms wood and g10 in my opinion.
easy to clean, hard to damage and great grip.

Looks like something from a BudK catalog...

field dressing isn't butchering though, I'd imagine it'd be good like it is with beef once it's been bled. For some reason beef just makes it stick to my hand so well, porks makes it feel like a wet bar of soap, only if I drop it I won't get raped but I'll definitely get penetrated.

Those Gerbers aren't bad at all. ( But Gerber isn't what it used to be) but you can find a better knife for the same price if you look around.

But you can pop into just about any wal mart or Academy and walk out with one in 10 minutes.

Unless I pound it into your skull and try to wrench it out- how the fuck are you putting that much force on it??

CRKT Fossil

I have like 10 more of these skeleton handle ones still lol, you're right they really have gone downhill when it comes to knives, their multitools still rock though. I carry a Leatherman wave though too pretty much anytime I'm outside of the house an not going to dinner or something like that you never know when you'll need stuff and a decent pair of pliers can fill in for a lot of tools and hardly anything can fill in for them though. The steel on the blades of a Gerber is damn decent for holding an edge though and is easily worked

>how the fuck are you putting that much force on it??
>that much force
Come on, even if you're 15 you can't be that dumb. The axis lock might be able to withstand a billion pounds of force or whatever, but it doesn't matter if the joint where the blade meets the handle is weak. It doesn't take "that much force" to break the joint, regardless of what kind of lock the knife has. Just buy a benchmade and try trashing on it so you can learn what kind of beating the knife can really take. Then you'll see.

Those are damn ugly. Cold Steel is quality shit tho

Well he probably does have a pretty thick skull if he thinks he needs that sort of weight load on a folding knife lol there's no point though when the blade would snap before the mechanism and your bones would as well....

What do you mean by this?

Inb4 tanto and serrated, waste of a blur.
It was the display model and my buddy put it in a $13 dollar Kershaw box, when it should've been 60$. I'm not gonna complain

That cold Steel marketing about the power of their locks is cringey as fuck. I don't own any CS blades. Dunno why I don't but I don't.

Moras are a meme. Kinda like Espadas. However your bit about Opinels is 110% accurate. I have 2. A #6 my dad gave me when I was like 10 years old, and a #8 that I bought a few years back. Have abused the fuck out of them and never had an issue. I've been thinking about getting one of their more modern tactical blades. Anyone have one?

Answer the question. I carried a Gerber Paul knife when I was young and had a paper route. I'm not exactly new at this.

You sound like a 14 year old know it all fag.

Oh fuck off faggot