Maybe one day Android devices will have some courage

Maybe one day Android devices will have some courage.

why does anyone care about an audio jack? how fucking often are you listening to music and needing the lightning port? 100% of never?

How long till android devices all have lightening ports for beats and AirPods? My guess is within the next year or so.

it's inevitable. of course, they'll flood the market with cheap knockoffs that barely work first.

I do all the time. But I don't care. Apple always makes the right decision and this is no exception.

i agree. i like that Apple is willing to make hard technology decisions so I don't have to.

"Let us TimCourage you to buy all new audio equipment"

"What are your plans Tim?"

"Let's destroy iTunes"

"Wow... That takes courage. What's next?"

"Lets buy the worst headphone manufacturer"

"Damn!"

"Then I'm going to remove the auxiliary port from our products"

"..."

"Courage"

"it is a miniaturised version of the classic quarter-inch jack (6.35mm), which is said to go back as far as 1878." It's a good thing they've trashed it.

Exactly. If it's broke, you gotta fix it.

"But why?"

"Cause money"

"Oh yeah"

"But let's say courage. It has more zing"

But don't you think it would be nice to charge your phone at the same time as listening to headphones?

just like Tim "courage" said: The consumer wants more. bigger and more advanced parts. So why keep so much space reserved for an single purpose connector?

It makes the 3.5 mm jack kinda obsolete, don't you think?

Apple doesn't think I need to, so no.

I hadn't thought of it that way... Touche

Would it be an option to use the Apple battery case? Since it leaves the lighting port free.

The one on the left

I wish they made better headphones. Apple headphones and Beats are both quite poor in audio quality. So I don't like them choosing the interface. If it was USB-C, I would be all for it.

Agree! But I know that other brands are also making lightning connector headphones, I remember multiple companies already doing it last year, like Bose and Phillips. There is also a 3.5mm to lightning included with every new Iphone.

An entire thread of nothing but shill posts and replies.

Apple will always be 12 years behind the competition