Language learning thread:

Language learning thread:
What language are you learning and how long have you been studying?

>Russian
>1 week

Other urls found in this thread:

zompist.com/yingzi/yingzi.htm
youtu.be/KvPY_cwcsSw
youtube.com/watch?v=0a5BJxrarL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bumperino

Spelling suka "cyka" with English letters is incorrect because Russian uses the cyrillic alphabet.

I know, it should be сука блуат but we dont live in an ideal world, nice observation though.7

7 years of learning russian now
+ english even more

Точно! Заебал этот долбоебизм...

>Pidar can't spell "blyat"
>but acts like he can

Xui-sosik,

блять or блядь

Da ti sam zaebal.

Ya ne ponel raznizu. Ya vsegda dumal chto "blyad" eto tvoya mamka. A "blyat" eto virozhenie.

Been learning russian for about a month now. Found it very useful in CS:GO.
Also started to learn a bit of japanese about a week ago

russian, 2 years
chinese, 1 year
been busy working all summer so im shit now :c

What methods did you find best for russian?

>блуат
Spelling with a "ya"... stop it kiddo

What the fuck is a 'blyoot'?

I sort of want to learn russian but I don't see much point. Does russia even make good tv shows, comics, movies, etc? I need to practice somehow and it seems russian is lacking

Op here, cut me a break guys i made a mistake, its my first week learning it.

There's no such thing as a Rossiyaboo, it's not the sort of language you learn to tell your friends how good you are at it like Japanese. It is mainly learnt as it is useful for understanding other eastern European languages

4 years Russian

lol

englis languege tree years

I thought that was going to be Rich Evans

I guess I'm saying Russia is boring. Most of my practice with other languages comes from media the land of origin pumps out. If all they pump out is dogshit(russia) then why should I learn russian?

You could watch the Americans and not have to read subtitles. Or maybe some action movies from the 80's that had commies as the bad guys?

try getting a native russian penpal
russian speaking friends
translate things you do on the daily/think in russian
read russian news articles and translate them
listen to russian music

chinese is balls hard because it doesnt have an alphabet

So basically fucking nothing

They're slightly famous for novelists. Just slightly.

The main reason I learn it is because it's a gateway language, if you live in the US it probably won't be much use practically but it is also good if you want to become a military officer

French for about 11 years, and russian for 5. Didn't realise so many fags learned the language of a people that would throw them in the гулаг. I suppose you need it so you can explain the intricacies of the feminine penis?

I have a russian penpal butwe usually just talk in english. I have a book that i write down every word of russian i know and i take it with me everywhere i go. I tryed listening to oxxxymiron but fuck that i dont even understand speech. I think i just need to build up vocabulary at the moment.

Prodolzhai...

>chinese is balls hard because it doesnt have an alphabet

I know this is a long read for Sup Forums and it's web 1.0, but this is a fucking badass essay:

zompist.com/yingzi/yingzi.htm

rofl

Japanese, 2 weeks. Started kanji and got hiragana and katakana nailed (with diphthongs and daukten) while learning kanji I intend to learn vocab and grammar.

How do you speak a language that doesn't have a direct word for 'Yes'? That is what has always been so hard for me to understand, and why I don't even want to go near it

If russia started producing quality media, Id learn russian in a heartbeat

Not a fan of Masha and the bear user?

French- 2 years, 5/5
Spanish- 5 years 5/5
German- 6 months, 3/5
Arabic- 2 months, 0.1/500

Just read the essay. It's fascinating.

Also Gaelic doesn't have a word for "yes".

>never heard of it
>Quick google
>that bear is totally fucking that kid

kek

If you need quality media look no further than the song "takovo kak Putin", there are definitely versions on YouTube with English subs so go listen
>Captcha related: блины

Same but switch arabic with japanese

nice bite russcum

This is Ukrainian, but still... youtu.be/KvPY_cwcsSw

I better not see putin's penis when I google this, man

why are you studying the language of our enemies, edge lord? Donald Trump and his supporters will be held accountable for their associations with Russia....

Spanish for about a month.

I really really suck. I've been using duolingo but I feel like there's something better. It also doesn't help that I don't know anyone that speaks it.

I am the machine.

Does it count if I'm English?

You won't, friendo I promise you this.

A ton of people (aka daddy's money humanities majors) learn Russian so they can read the famous novelists untranslated.

youtube.com/watch?v=0a5BJxrarL0

МОДЫ

Correct the Record pls go

Duolingo is awesome but you can't rely on it for everything. You need more sources of grammar, pronunciation, etc

ya'll niggers should learn Arabic, it is the only unchanged living language in the world due to its structure and Islam (believing that Arabic is a holy language and its the language of heaven etc etc) i can read poems and book that are thousands of years old and still understand them. you niggers cant even understand English from 500 yrs ago. so if you want you story, your ideas to last way after you die into eternity, write them in Arabic

iv ben lerning englis for 5 yers now wat u gais tink? 1-10?

german for about a week and a half

How to learn Russian? Is DuoLingo any good?

>kurd and aryan
>being potato

English: 15 years
French: 18 years
German: 8 years

ITT Americunts pretending they are ever going to be able to speak any other language than American English.

cgh

Been learning norwegian for three years now

My biggest problem with it so far is that Spanish has like six different variants for each verb I think it is, and duolingo doesn't seem to explain when to use them each.

If I can find a place for that, my biggest hurdles will be my shit memory and understanding people talking so quickly.

Those idiot letters can't even english

Why would we need to?

>mfw absolut vodka is swedish

日本語!

python

what??

>hover over new word
>those are the yellow/orange ones
>green button should pop up
>click it
>conjugation chart

then you should open your eyes and see the destruction currently happening due to TRUMP/PUTIN's "brexit".... Farms closing at a record rate, the pound dropping, etc.

Looks like I need to spend more time on it at home then. 90% of the time I'm using it at work on mobile, and I don't think the chart's available on the app.

Ego doctrina lingva latina.

Is there a Duolingo course for ancient greek yet? Also, how would you do it without a greek language keyboard?

Memrise was ok, but i used websited to learn enogh vocabulary, write them down in a notepad to construct some simple sentences, id then pratice them with a russian penpal i met on hello talk.

Main Malay
English 13 years
Italian 6 years