As Olympic Viewership Falls, NBC Thinks of the Bigger Picture

>NBC’s performance stumbled early: Viewership for Friday’s opening ceremony fell 35 percent compared with four years ago, followed by a 28 percent tumble in the first day of competition. Although NBC has done better since, the average audience of 28.6 million after five days is down nearly 20 percent from the 35.6 million who were watching the London Games.

>And viewership among people ages 18 to 34 has fallen 32 percent.

>NBC’s prime-time broadcast is falling short of expectations — and will almost certainly require the network to offer free commercial time to make up for the lower viewership
nytimes.com/2016/08/11/sports/olympics/tv-ratings-for-olympics-on-nbc-down-20-percent-from-london-games.html

It's over NBC is finished.

surely more human interest stories about oppressed women and brave muslims will help

Are they anti-Trump like CNN and MSNBC? If so, good

MSNBC is NBC's news network

Everyone should be anti-trump. Guy is a jackass and is not qualified to be president. I hate Hillary as much as the next guy, but Trump being a legitimate candidate is a joke. Anyone considering voting for him should be shot into the sun on a rocket.

The demand is there because y'all are piggybacking on the cbc. nbc just provides a shitty product obviously.

>Be NBC
>delay swimming so can be primetime live in USA
>petition for USA to be at the end of opening ceremony instead of "Estados Unidos"
>Loyal to advertisers over viewers
>Garbage commentary
>Exclusive broadcasting rights for an international event
>Make the online stream shitty
>overall be a complete cunt at every Olympics
They had it coming, those fuckers

they literally only show events if we have a top swimmer swimming, thats it. Nothing else, maybe one match with dalhauser in volleyball or those two lesbians. NOTHING ELSE. The rest is fucking interviews, stories, or that blonde dyke talking to the camera telling us what an athlete told her a few hours ago. Everything is fucking delayed, "live events" aren't even live because they fucking cut commercials in between. I've never been so fucking mad watching a volleyball match and they cut to a commercial between points only to see the set was over when they came back. I'm waching these games on canadian websites because of how abysmal it is here. Fuck NBC. I hope one of you fuking people in that shithole company are reading this. You are a piece of shit.

>>Make the online stream shitty
this is the only thing I havent had any problems with. The NBC sports app on Roku is good.

Hillary has committed countless felonies violating national security, taking bribes to sell out American secrets and property, rigging the Democratic primary, and getting many Americans killed, on top of her policies being pure globalist shilling that will screw the American people.

Nothing Trump has done is anywhere close to as bad as spilling state secrets, committing election fraud, or leading to dead Americans. And his policies will serve the interests of the American people over the globalist elites by cracking down on illegal immigration, killing bad trade deals that take away jobs and hurt our wages, banning terrorists, electing Supreme Court Justices who will respect the Constitution, and vetoing legislation that will take away our rights.

Trump is literally our best presidential candidate since pre-assassination-attempt Reagan and JFK, and Hillary is literally our worst ever with all of her absolute corruption and globalism.

Good, maybe NBC will stop tape delaying things, and start showing events on other channels when a previous event goes long.

Reasons:
1. tape delays
2. shitty commentary
3. libtard muh feels stories
4. racemixing agenda
5. muh global warming
6. muh one race, the human race

People are sick of their shit.

people would care more if rio wasn't a mess
didn't they sell the least tickets ever
blame the favelas

FPBP

stop with the fukken fluffy shit...show moar lumpics. get rid of the bullshit thats not REAL sport. Table tennis is not real, horse dancing is not real, ping pong is not real,...bring back tug of war and bowling

Wtf I hate trump now
I am now a #shilldawg

Nah man...even better..
>delay swimming for primetime live in USA
>delay it until 10pm...on a weeknight
>ratings are down?!

why would someone watch the $2 childrens' Production of the Opening Ceremony

>Sup Forums

I can't wait until the Olympics are over and these Sup Forums shills go back to their containment board.

>5. muh global warming
Not their idea to push this message, Brazil started first.

ctr is getting paid by the thread at a rate of 0.02 per post...we all know that Trump is a shill for hillary.

>Reasons:
>1. tape delays

You could have stopped here, people aren't going to tune in if they can already see the result and highlights on social media.

Live sports are the the main draw for getting ratings from young people.

>muh Sup Forums bogeyman

They just need to show the sports live and keep their mouth shut. We tune in to watch the best athletes in the world to compete in their respective sports, not to listen to them bitch about Phelps carrying the American flag instead of a Muslim girl who shouldn't even be there.

>Tried watching fencing on TV
>A COMMERCIAL AFTER EVERY ROUND

Holy shit what the fuck are they doing. This is not how you broadcast a live event. Imagine if they aired a commercial after every ball went into the hoop.

Maybe people don't want to watch delayed events that were already decided hours earlier in the day and streamed live all over the internet.

I'm not going to watch tape-delayed, "curated" content of a sports event and that's what they broadcast on tv. Their live web streams are about as decent as any other, but they've decided to hide those behind a cable paywall despite their tv broadcasts being free OTA. So I'll just grab a VPN and watch some foreign network.

NBC's coverage is shit. Commercials every couple minutes and they only show American athletes. This should be the one time they should focus on other countries since it's a world wide event, but as soon as the American has his turn they cut to something else. It's impossible to follow anything to the end since they jump around so much.

pretty much all this

wish they'd show some shooting, some judo, some weightlifting ..

don't really care to see americans winning the 50m, 100m, 150m, 200m, 250m, 300m, etc etc

Trump is a good man. He's treated his employees well for over 40 years and contributes to countless charities. People saying terrible things about him are buying CNN's lies.

FPBP. That's why I refuse to watch it along with commercials every 2 minutes.

fpbp, /thread

wtf I hate the Don now

#ImWithHer
#ArtillaryForHillary
#LoveTrumpHates
#LesbianLivesMatter
#DependablesForFree
#SyphilisIsntSoBad

Donald Trump will be the next president of the United States. How does this make you feel, scum?

>user presents a credible argument that is well thought out
>heh Sup Forums shills need to fuck off

Wonderful response.

>2.016 x 10^3
>Still believing in the Sup Forums boogeyman

I know its hard to believe other people have different beliefs, but you can do it if you try, bud

NBCs coverage has been complete shit, CNBC was the only channel I have showing Olympics for the past hour, and it was showing fucking Korea vs Honduras soccer.
This has been about par for the course too, they show shitty shitty events and then rebroadcast shit that already happened in prime time because they think it'll rate better than live competition. On top of that they show random placing matches for volleyball rather than medal matches for events because they just want to follow Americans the whole time. Its fucking retarded how bad this is.
I really can't understand why they don't just show as many live important events as possible, between NBC, USA, CNBC, and MSNBC I would think they'd be able to produce some decent coverage most of the time.
If they have some other channels handling this better that I don't get, whatever, but this is ridiculous.

This. Not to mention fans of sports that aren't in the big 5 or whatever get nothing but scraps. The wrestling page on the NBC website has a video called "what does a wrestling room smell like?" Bullshit fluff. At least NHK doesn't pull that shit over here.

>online stream shitty
The NBC sports app is literally the only way to watch the Olympics and have it bearable. You have your pick of all the live events/replays and a lot of it is unfiltered footage with no commentary.

When switching to the NBC Primetime coverage, however, the whole thing is a complete joke. It's like 50% commercials, 25% interviews, 10% studio commentary, 10% heavily edited replays/recaps and 5% for actual fucking events. They're committed to selling their studio talent and story lines as passing for coverage, and nothing else.

NBC Olympics are the equivalent of watching the Superb Owl and never leaving the goddamn locker room until the final play of the game. If the only Olympics that they want to broadcast involve swimming in a third-world country with muh refugee backstory, then who gives a fuck if the Olympics ever happen again.

I love the Olympics but I'm not sure that 4 years is a long enough gap to stomach this bullshit again.

>implying Sup Forumstards are going to stop there.

But you are completely correct. People are already pissed that we're tape delaying shit from a country only 1 hours ahead of EST. When they tried to find an excuse to delaying the Opening Ceremony that they were "preparing us for the experience", everyone knew it was just another excuse to insert the commercials and their fluff pieces in the shit.

The only competent time they actually covered the Olympics was in Beijing 2008. There was no paywall or anything to watch the events and no cutaways like they did with gymnastics that forces you to watch the primetime coverage to see how Team USA did. Luckily I do have cable so I was able to watch it but NBC fucking knows that more and more people ditch cable for Hulu or Netflix and boned them over.

And the worst part of all of this is that they STILL cover the events as they happen on the internet and social networking spoiling the people who are forced to watch their tape delay and pissing off a lot of people.

They don't have the time line excuse anymore and they are finally getting the shitting on they deserve. Fuck them.

Go home, Sup Forums.

>Viewers don't watch due to commercials and lack of live events
>NBC shows even more commercials to make up for it

>Table tennis
>Not a sport
>Bowling
>A sport

>Shit coverage of events.
>Live stream is lowest of quality.
>Constantly airing hour long PSA about diversity and feminisim.
>Constantly focusing on random shit skin girl who loses instead of USA athletes who are bring home the gold.
>Commercials up the ass.
>Refusing to show events live so they can air it in "prime time"
>Does nothing but shill for Hillary.

>diversity