Hey Sup Forums, convince me why it's a good thing to lose the headphone port

Hey Sup Forums, convince me why it's a good thing to lose the headphone port.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to listen to music while I'm charging my phone. Wat do?

Only reason would be to make it completely water proof.

>Otherwise it's just retarded.

Aren't there other phones that are water resistant while still having that port?

Samsung and Sony can do that without losing the port.

Water resistant and water proof are different.

And I bet those other phones come with a rubber plug for the ports.

That's what I thought. Seems like it's just good timing to lose the port and make the iPhone water resistant.

They dont.

And the iPhone 7 isn't completely water proof

My s7 is water resistant.....

>rubber plug
Nope

And the iphone is not fully waterproof either. You can't take drive in the ocean with it.

iphone: ip67-rating
S7: ip68-rating

my dicks water proof

And I bet those other phones come with a rubber anal plug for the ports.

fify Sup Forumsro

water resistant and water proof are two different things. water resistant means you can use it in the rain a bit and not worry. water proof means you can drop it in the toilet, wipe the shit off and theres no harm. iphone is just water resistant

If there is no plug then it's not water proof.
Water resistant means if a little water gets on it everything will be fine. But it can't be submerged in water.

>And I know the iPhone 7 isnt water proof that's why its just retarded to remove.

ip67-rating can do 30 minutes of up to 1m water.

Learn your ip ratings.

Apple has turned into a shit company.

The samsung s7 and sony z5 are rated at ip68 meaning they can be totally submersed in freshwater up to 1.5m depth for 30 miinutes.

Both have exposed chargers and headphone ports.

Apple was always shit, everything they sell is over priced and meant for morons.

This. This is a decent solution until the adapter comes out that will let you do both. I'm probably just gonna build one from spare parts. I am an electronics technician.

Forgot pic

No it doesn't, fuck tard. Do a little research before you open up your cocksucker.

So Apple can sucker more people out of money.

Ok but they are not water proof, it only lasts that long because they spray on super hydrophobic coating.

A water proof phone is one that is completely sealed and can stay in water forever.
And yes there has been a few phones like that.

wa·ter-re·sis·tant
adjective
able to resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely.
i sell high end winter jackets ive done my research

>what is a one way valve

so you can spend $150 on their wireless earphones

I need those $200 ear buds so I can listen to music, mom.

It's an old as fuck port with the only benefit over digital ports is that it's so common, but in any other way it's worse than digital

>Not literally engineering your own cellphone and hacking verizon towers to get free data

Exactly.

Correction: $160

I have not studied the thunderbolt port, but what happens when it's sending an analogue signal? Is it even possible to charge while the port is doing that?

cuz they gonna sell a new bluetooth

I P - R A T I N G

Why? You get an adapter for free, and if it breaks it's still cheaper than changing the port in an old iPhone

It's good for apple because the ear pods will become another product line. Hence the beats acquisition. Beats effectively "consumerised" the headphone market - by that I mean "wow look at these headphones thats lady gaga endorses" etc... They're going to do the same with the earpods.

The ear pods look homo as fuck though, fuck that shit, would not use.

You really are that fucking stupid.
en.m.wikipedia.org

Technically my s7 is water resistant. I can still take it in the pool or drop it in the sink.

And Apple makes shitty headphones. And Beats suck even worse. I don't want to have to buy lightening headphones.

Had one of these in 2009. No headphone port. Annoying as fuck. Carried around an mp3 player.

And if you break the thunderbolt port because you are having it plugged in in your pocket you have to present your anus for some Apple fisting.

See that's what I don't know. I'm a firm believer that wireless is the way to go so I may just convert fully to Bluetooth. Don't want to. But if the Lightning wire is incapable of doing both then I might have to. I'm not switching back to the sketchfest that is droid just for a headphone jack. And no I'm not buying $200 earbuds either.

>And Beats suck even worse.

That's racist. Apologize.

the iphone 7 comes with an adapter

It isn't that much of a benefit, but now that Apple has removed it, you can expect others to do the same, next phones probably won't have it

Break the Lightning jack? Has this ever happened? Never happened to me.

A port with this little area for force won't break that easy. If you break it ,you are to stupid to have a phone at all.

So I have to remember to carry around an adapter? What if I want to charge my phone while listening to music with an auxiliary cable in my car?

Apple is for retards and old people

>wireless is the way

>be at party
>mate can you play the music
>sure
>fiddle for 15 minutes because fucking BT pairing sucks cock
>finally, shit works
>crack and pop every 30 seconds
>go for a piss or a smoke
>phone in pocket
>music stops

>Recent high end phone with €500 BT speaker

It's the future.

No wireless can really go suck a fat one. It's great fun when it works, but when it doesn't then it's a hell.

Those fucktwats make em tiny as well so you have a good fucking chance of losing them in a month.

Jesus fuck what third world shithole are you from?

It's only good for the stockholders, not for the consumer. Basically every decision they've made for the last 5-7 years.

Probably not. But you have never walked around whilst having the port plugged in. You can generate a lot of local strength with a small resistance arm.

can any of you applefags tell me wtf this shit is that keeps popping up

Doesn't your car have carplay? or bluetooth...just use that.

The adapter is tiny, you carry around headphones, not much more to carry that adapter at the end of it.

Stop being butthurt and upgrade all your tech and you'll be sweet.

Just plug that adapter into your headphones once and don't remove it and you will never forget it.

And for charging, there will also be an adapter on alibaba for about 5 bucks.

You are complaining about nothing, digital ports are so much better then the analog bullshit, for example the headphone jack can break easily, while it takes a hell lot to break a lightning port.

I don't know how my locale is related to how sheit BT is.

Truth. Bluetooth is compressed and shit quality. I can't believe people say they can't hear the difference. It's compressed to shit, even today.

If you are looking for a translation:

Advisory download
Protect your Mac against adware /malware threats. Always/all the time!

Blue button: Install now
Download less crap.

My bluetooth only works for phone calls. I will just go buy a whole new fucking car so I can have the convenience of listening to music and charging.

What bullshit imaginery land do you live in?

Apple is a company, a public one at that. Their main purpose (in legislation also) is to create value for shareholders, not consumers. If any company says otherwise it's just marketing.

They drip feed consumers technology in cycles to see how much money they can squeeze out before having to drip more into the system. They probably already have the features lined up for iphone 8 they want to add.

cause more devices beaming wifi signals through our already super irradiated airspace can only lead to good things user.
>jobs got cancer and wanted to share it with the world.
also so now you don't even need the intelligence required to avoid immersing your phone in water.

thanks user

Bluetooth is terrible quality. And it has video lag.

The area is so small, to break it you would need a force that is like bending it with all you strength, if not even more
Just tried it as hard as I could, nothing happend to my old 5s.
So yeah I would say in normal circumstances this won't happen, as simple physics

Hooray.

It's the fucking next generation of the same stupid cunts that said removing the floppy would be a disaster.

Then removing optical would be the end of the world.

Next old fucking thing gone?

Good.

Hadn't thought of that. That actually pisses me off now.

>tiny
It's a fucking cable. It should have been connector to connector.

As a music composer I can confirm that the audio quality is much less when connected to bluetooth as opposed to any cord

Simple - then don't get an iphone 7.

Pretty sure there would be a bluetooth adapter /transmitter for aux... seems logical.

I imagine it's at least similar to whatever strength the current headphone jack has. And I've done all sorts of things with that plugged in.

You're weak as fuck mate

Squatting with it in your front pocket can generate quite a lot of strength.

We'll see what happens.

>complaining about nothing
I am complaining about intentionally created problems to force consumers to pay for workarounds.

Gone without a good solution. Now the audio world is going to become even more divided than it already is with the influx of artist exclusives.

Yeaaa because having to upload your content to a hack happy vulnerable cloud is so much better than keeping it on your sd card

Fucking retard

If you can't at least make the screen crackle a little bit on the 5 or 5s I'm dissapointed. If it was the 5c it's be okay because that shit is like plastic.

I've fucked a laptop and phone 3.5m before when I got the cable caught.

Maybe

but its a headphone jack still

More than likely with apple being the manufacturers of product like oh i dont kno.... the iPod a music playing device, they most likely ant consumers to stop usiong their phones as one device ipods and start buying their music players again. One potentially reason....

Wireless headphones are becoming more proficient. Blue tooth enabling is in almost every high tech device now and it is more than likely easier just to buy the wireless headphones which potentially are better quality than stick to the classic wired headphone.

its taken them years to finally ever start putting "water resistant" smart phones on the market here as they have had water resistant flip phones since maybe 2008... son finally after maybe 8 years of people water damaging a $800 phone nd buying ne one they decided to finally leap frog the technology they have been sitting on for years to a smart phone. likely it is not a move to water proof it then.

>3.5m
mm obviously

You are trying to use a interpretation of a word versus actual ratings.
Saddle up, big boy, you'll learn soon that not everything is black and white. There's some yellow inbetween.

They didn't do that because the connector would be too long of a solid protruding piece.

This.

They should have made it USB-C instead of lightening.

SO USE THE FUCKING ADAPTOR

For fuck's sake, I have a pair of Etymotic ER-4s and I'm glad as fuck to see the headphone jack gone to get more battery space and water resistence.

And when Etymotic finally supports Lightning, I'll buy those.

Video lag... oh my god that would piss me off big time.

>removing the floppy
This horrible meme again?

Then put the like 1cm apart with a very springy and rigid cable. A lot easier to plug in without looking or in the dark.

That's ridiculous.

It's they're proprietary port. Adding another digital port would've been pointless.

Into your car or whatever. You sinc it to your Bluetooth. And I'm only offering this solution as a bridge to the inevitable adapter. I'll probably just make an adapter from spare parts of the Lightning wire will work that way. Haven't looked into it that far yet. But I will.

You don't know shit about this, do you?

Digital audio needs to be converted to analog signals for your headphones to work. That needs a DAC. If phones get rid of the jack and doesn't have a DAC chip in it, then fuck that adapter is going to be expensive, and so will your headphones in the future since every headphone needs one of those to work.

If it doesn't, then there's literally no point in removing the headphone jack since it's the same analog signal flowing through a different connector.

>headphone jack gone
>water resistance

Apple cool-aid at work

This

All these people bitching about losing the port.
While I agree that its retarded, my decent set of bluetooth headphones is $18 on Amazon. You don't need to blow $200 on a Bluetooth headset.

Yeah, it is.

You're another one of those twonks who recomplied a linux kernel once and suddenly thinks they're a usability and security expert.

Stick to whichever Adroid thing you dig and fuck off while the world moves on.

Taking away their lightening port and replacing it with USB-C, not keeping both. It'll make them a shit ton of money, but it's a shitty move.