What are you doing with your life, user? I was offered a job today

What are you doing with your life, user? I was offered a job today.

workin'

Tryin' not to kill myslef and failin' miserably.

Planning a murder-suicide.

Why, user? Things can't be that bad.

kickin it. I start my new job tomorrow. grats OP

Good luck, user. My job will require relocating to California. Should be an interesting transition.

I mastered a set dungeon today. Yay.

TAFE

Trying to get work- failing. Getting fatter out of laziness and Mood stabilizers; no gf in 5 years.
Been a year since I finished college, was a really tough course; still can't get work cuz' no experience.
Just drifting I guess.
Today's my birthday.

Cost of living is insane. Good luck. Also, make sure you follow traffic laws. Unless you want tickets, they don't car unless your driving a tesla. Which seems to be a free pass, in some areas.

happy birthday Sup Forumsro you are not alone

OP here. I didn't get employed in my degree field either coming out of undergraduate. I worked as a file clerk during the day and moonlighted as a forklift driver in a beer warehouse. I was eventually accepted into the graduate school. Stay persistent and optimistic, user. I know it can be difficult but good things will happen.

I am saving up to buy a parcel of land where the tax is less than 300$ a year. Gonna turn it to a lumber farm with my own sawmill and live there. Yurt to live in, water well, solar thermal power. All-told, under 35,000$

Cheers man. I just hate it when in interviews when they ask what I did on my 'year out'. Recovering from a manic episode never sounds very employable.

It's 15 acres for 18,000$ in Missouri btw. Beautiful land

I work part time at my church because i retired this time last year after working 22 years from a very well paying mine job that payed out just under a million AUS as a voluntary redundancy package

>Soulless international mining company for the win

witch Doctor=Gay

That's where you need to have a good way of spinning things. What did you focus on in order to recover? I'm sure you did something that, by improving yourself, helped to slowly pull yourself back together. If you can articulate how you focused on yourself, then it isn't necessarily negative and may even appeal to an employer. It shows you're dedicated to improving yourself as a person (and probably as an employee).

Sounds like a good time. I'd be up for that.

Get flood, storm and fire insurance or you'll regret it

My year out was spent in a foreign place where I could mature as a person and a citizen. The "different culture" made me more aware of myself, my place in this world and helped me find myself

Doesn't sound like a trip to a loony bin somewhere else does it? And it'll all be 100% true

Understood. I have plans to use the profits every year to improve the place. You can make 60 grand from 1,000 white pine trees and you can have 4,000 of them on an acre.

I want to put a lake/pond at some point, start an orchard, have a greenhouse. Insurance will be a must

There you go. Present it like that and no one would ever be the wiser that it was because of a manic episode.

Make sure you're covered and not just covered enough. There's a difference between storm damage and flood

Focused on my own music tbh, it was surreal hearing and relearning songs I'd written before the breakdown- like I was meeting a new person. Then by Christmas it all turned to shit, admitted I'd planned to an hero in front of my mother in the shrink's office- bipolar is such bullshit.

That sounds good actually, thanks user

My area doesn't really flood, like ever. In fact, the land wouldn't hold it and its not near a river. I'm gonna have to buy a shit ton of bentonite just to make the bottom of my pond/lake hold

Well, I know a few folks that are bipolar and regularly taking meds seems to be a problem for all of them. Force yourself to do it. I know, easier said than done, though.

It sounds like you're on the path back to being stable. Try to stay positive, speak with confidence in your interviews (and don't worry so much about the year off, now that you have a way to explain it), and you'll land something.

Thank you Sup Forumsro, this helped.

Honestly, I'm excited to have money to play with. It'll be 4 years before its ready to produce but I can harvest the wood on the land already till then. After that, 60 grand or so a year with cost of living under 5 grand. Sweeeeeet

I got the idea from an old guy I grew up near. He told me he'd help me get started by building a nd showing me how to run the mill. Love good old boys

No problem. Glad it helped. Keep your head up.

I met this girl off Tinder a few weeks ago, she asked me if I wanted to go see a movie and we set up a date for it, then on the day she stopped responding to me completely, feels bad man. I think I might have fucked it up by coming off a little desperate ;_;

You did. Chicks dont like desperation

If you think you sounded desperate, than she definitely thought you sounded desperate. Hold off on pushing the "Send" button for a while in the future.

Yeah, only reading the texts I sent after it I realized it looked a little shitty, all I did was compliment her a little too much. That's all it takes though, Tinder gives women so many choices