Game developer here, what would you love to see most in a zombie game of any kind

Game developer here, what would you love to see most in a zombie game of any kind.
Pic related.

The freedom to move around, choose what you do. an open world survival game.

Zombies

amputee lolis

zombies are important
seconding this

This and /thread

Pretty much the Arna 2 Dayz mod with better zombies / tougher looting.

Standalone and all of the other options just pale in comparison when it comes to actual gunplay.

-stabbing

I'd like to see less zombie games

we need more zombies. hordes of em

Play H1Z1

Zombies need to smell the fear, so players need to poop and cover themselfs

Bosses and special drops by categories, like an rpg

another stubbs the zombie.

Watching zombies eat your beloved dog companion right in front of you

Seriously a story that can be played Multiplayer
Huge customization and a strong crafting element

>
Have you played 7 Days to Die?

Yeah, that would be cool, true open world is rare, and really fun. In Fallout 3 I used to enjoy just wandering around seeing what's there, seeing if I can make it to some mountain in the distance or something. Same with borderlands, and obviously GTA is another well known one. What could add to this is randomly generated edges, so there are no borders, just more stuff to explore. Map edges are the worst for this.

Realistic medical conditions and practices including amputation and various diseases you must self-diagnose. Dubs to confirm

a good stealth system, only head shots kill, everything else just maims or knocks back. ability to hot wire cares found around the city, set traps using real world resources.

or not because that game is literally aids.

Something that isn't rushed and porely finished.
Also, zombies that fuck

Project Zomboid turned 3D would be godlike.

Project Zomboid is already divine.

Zombies are there just to do shit,
Maybe if they really harm, could be good,
Its hard to see someone actually afraid of them,
Theyre just scared from the other players

You know what would be great? For everyone to stop flogging the fuck out of the "zombie" concept.
Seriously, it's been done to death. Change the fucking record already

This.
I always thought DayZ was really close but it needs better fps mechanics.
I've always wanted to see a realistic open world zombie survival. Essential to implement hunger thirst health etc. Being able to build and craft is also huge. A difficulty factor that makes it so some strategy is necessary and running backwards with a sledge hammer picking off a hoard isn't gonna fly. The more mechanics that make it like real life the better. Scent, sight, and sound play a role and a way to reduce each would be hype. Special infected but don't go overboard.

This. COD zombies was a huge success because multiplayer. Add on that a progressing story and RPG level gear character customization. You'd have a hit

Truly open world survival, DayZ/GTA style.

>DayZ was really
I've had some of my best moments in gaming the in the DayZ mod. I hoped that the SA would improve upon that, but it has turned out a shitshow because the engine is aids.

Not zombies

a Plethora of Real Life weapons occasionally laying around

how about no more:

>zombie games
>WWII games
>Futuristic FPS
>Minecraft / Block games
>Hunter vs Survivor games

being a good developer is about being innovative. not making a spin off of already successful games. DayZ and its many copy cats were so good because the experience you got every time you played it was different and generally worth a good story - now its the same old recycled shit.

besides that, those games are made with teams of at least 40+ developers and even then they don't always turn out even remotely good.

If it's a single player story-focuses, have multiple factions around the world that you can join/take over/bring together.
A zombie apocalypse should have a focus on the decay of humanity and it's struggles to survive as a society, and not just stab growling people in the eye.

>WWII games
I'm waiting years for a new WW2 game. It has been overdone in the past but it's time for a new one.

being the zombie
able to level up said zombie to kill people

How about enough with the fucking zombie games.

A lot of anons are on point with the open world concept. It's a major reason I'm such a fallout fag. Being able to do pretty much what ever the fuck you want while also making seemingly insignificant but huge decisions that can come back and bite you in the ass all make it an experience for me. Now a lot of anons are also saying a GTA style world would work to but what doesn't do it for me is the buildings aren't reactive. For me battlefield has made that a huge draw for me. Being able to drive a tank threw a building, drop artillery on a town and watch the land and building disintegrate, strafe a block with a jet or chopper and have street lights and sandbags explode, and simply just blowing shit up make it fun. Also, just a side note I haven't seen yet, I'd like a game where the bodies didn't all disappear but didn't lag and loose it because of it. Cod zombies was nice, but after 30 waves of hundreds of zombies, where'd the bodies go?

The ability to rape other survivors

Yeah I'm sure 'being the zombie' won't get over hyped.
>SURVIVAL HORROR LIKE YOU'VE NEEEEVER SEEN BEFORE

Yep. This right here

Something actually original for once.

Open world non linear zombie game. Think along the lines of "what if Bethesda made a zombie game"?

Key features
- Open world
- Large number of on screen zombies
- Crafting/settlement building
- Realism /survivalist elements

Just make another The Last of Us

Not another zombie game that's for sure

Y'all niggas have to check out Project Zomboid

THIS, also child zombies and other non PC elements throughout

TLOU is such a bad game. I honestly can't comprehend how people like that game.

That game is crammed full of artificial difficulty.

all i want is for someone to tell the story from the military's point of view. not from some random as survivor after the fact. imagine playing as a soldier who has to guard a checkpoint or some shit. having to decide who lives and who dies all while making sure that nothing undead gets through. all while you have to watch the world go to hell around you.

RPG elements like levels and skill boosting, upgradeable and unique weapons.

>having to decide who lives and who dies
That could be a very cool and simple Papers Please like game.

Feel free to change the difficulty. I finished it on grounded difficulty and found it immensley rewarding.

That's aside from the near perfect storyline, voice acting, graphics, atmosphere, pacing and gameplay.

Make a zombie survival game that fits these guidelines:
>Is like DayZ but doesn't have to be as expansive ( but still big enough to where it takes some work to get to the other side)
>No Super zombies
This idea ruins every zombie game. I don't want a super strong zombie, then a quick zombie that sprays shit....I just want hordes that will take tactical ability or firepower to get through.
>As close as real world scenario as possible.
I want to play a random joe, who has a revolver or shotgun in his home and everything goes to shit.
>I want to be able to board up windows and maybe reinforce doors with wood planks/plywood (or other objects that you can salvage) Maybe, place a car or two and create a barricage for a safe house of some sort.
>zombies react to where they are shot
IF I shoot a zombie in the leg, it shouldn't just keep walking...I want a wabbling zombie...If I shoot it's arm it shouldn't be able to use it

>Essentially a fixed DayZ with a little bit more story, random generation of hordes, the ability to salvage out of homes and the surrounding location you're in

(maybe do different maps for different server locations?)

zombie rape

>skill boosting
because you children need the game to just get easier instead of developing your real skill. kill yerself mate, life doesn't get easier.

>open world rpg
>npc's
>towns
>random survivor groups that roam the map
>heavy focus on the downfall of society
>heavy focus on evil people and manipulative people that kill other people
>guns that jam and break easily
>genuine consequences for your actions in the game
>no "special" zombies. Just regular slow zombies

For the zombies to be exactly what Romero meant for them to be: background props. Watch his original trilogy. If you'll notice, you could remove the zombies completely (replacing them with some other plot element to have civilization collapsing) and still have an interesting story. Humans are the point. The good and evil we are capable of. It doesn't even need to be good vs evil. In Night Ben and Cooper both had valid points. Both were just stubborn as fuck, and too concerned with being the one calling the shots, and it royally fucked them all. And incidentally Cooper was right in the end, even if he was an asshole. I always tried to imagine what they were like before that night though. I bet both were decent, nice fellows, and may have even been able to become great friends had things been different.

Better yet read Stephen King's "The Stand." The first half of the book always seemed like a zombie story, that lacked zombies. The tunnel scene in particular stands out. It's exactly the kind of scene you might find in a zombie story, except no zombies. It's the claustrophobic atmosphere that makes it so effective. The characters are terrified of the tunnel, but there's ultimately no reason to be. There's nothing in there that can harm them, aside from being unable to see well, and possibly getting injured due to it. Just as in good zombie fiction though, other humans were the real threat all along in the Stand. The Walking Dude only was able to do what he did, because enough humans willingly flocked to him and the thriving civilization he was building.

depends on how real world you want it. if its a global infection the world could go to hell. if its just one city and it stays contained all you have to do is wait it out in your house while the military mops the place up with heavy ordinance.

>Storyline
pretty good
>Voice Acting
very good
>Graphics
good for PS3, the device had its fan on 100% at all times and was very load
>Atmosphere
Good at times, shit at times
>Pacing
Mostly shit
>Gameplay
very weak

My biggest issues were:
>Enemy shoots 5895 bullets at you
>Dead
>Sneak up on that dude this time
>Drops 1 bullet

>Little bitch runs and stomp about the Clickers and they don't give a fuck

>Instant kills with no reaction time on the Clickers

>No, you can only pick up these rocks and these planks and these parts of metal

>Get hung upside down, suddenly infinite ammo
>Event is done, back at the ammo you were previously

All these things made it feel very fake and plastic.

This.

7 days to die with cars, trucks, rvs. RV, a house on the move. Bring a car mechanic sim into it on these vehicles. Make maintenance on guns a think. Shit maintenance, shit breakdown times. Guns are annoying. Cars need oil.

Procedurally generated map that isn't voxel.

helicopters please

So Fallout 4 with only Ghouls¿

i'd rather have another dark souls title

I'd like for zombies to fucking matter.
Make nights pitch black, like you can't see anything at all unless there's a light nearby. MAke them 1 shot you. or maybe put a delayed kill on it. but guarantee a death from one hit from a zombie.

Things go to shit, but there's still military bases open and the government is working to contain, but let's say it's 28 days later style, where it's a new contagion

I understand what you're getting at but I feel like most of these were necessary to make the game work and are complaints that could apply to the majority of games.

The ammo thing is the same in any game, especially survival, as is npc's not fucking it up for you (they maybe could have made the AI slightly less clumsy).

Clickers aren't instakill if you have a shiv.

Again, as in any game you can't just decide what part of the environment you want to use.

Well obvious the difficulty would scale, you retard. It's about offering customization and diverse gameplay. Not "making it easier" you knuckle-dragging pleb.

Hmm a zombie like mmo?

The genre has been overdone so you really need to think outside the box. Like that one game where it's oregan trail but with zombies.

how about a sequel to stubbs the zombie rebel without a pulse.

One thing I always hate about zombie stories is that they have a very pessimistic view of humanity. We are where we are today, because of the fact that we are not like the survivors in these stories. Sure, there would be selfish fucks, or crazy fucks, or people who just think that their group/tribe/cult/whatever deserves better than outsiders, but they would be quickly kicked into place, or destroyed. We are social animals. Cooperation is our survival strategy and it's worked well for about a million years. I see no reason to think that it would just suddenly cease to without good reason. Collapse of civilization ain't a good reason either, because that's happened over and over throughout recorded history.

That's not to say that it would be a pleasant experience. Even at the best of times large groups of people can be ignorant, stupid, and self-destructive savages. Something like this would definitely severely alter the socio-political structure of society, it's just that most of us would adapt. The ones who go at it alone will be weeded out quickly.

Needs to be gorey to the extreme. Human nature should be truely expressed. Lots of cutscenes to build up a story. Last of us and Hatred combined would be good

Optional suicide toward the end with vest in a pack of zombies

STALKER has no ammo problems. NPCs carry low amounts of ammo and shoot accurately.

Yeah but you can't have a shiv on you at all time. And it's just a hands free instakill with the shiv. No skill required.

But that made it feel so fake. There are 2 bricks on the ground and 1 of those I can pick up. Why would they do such a thing? Same thing with scrap metal.

I've played all the STALKER games, 500 hours of DayZ and 700 hours of Souls games. What all those games have in common is if you learn the game and are skillful enough you can do the most crazy things with very bad odds.

There are way better ways of doing a lot of the issues in TLOU.

Mmorpg*

this

how about a game with dawn of the dead type zombies (ability to sprint) where 5 players control zombies and 2 players control survivors with limited time.

>Miscreated
/Thread

A winnable objective unlike most of CODS stupid zombies dlc's

7 days to die, man.
It just needs a bunch of work done to it.
>optimization, more end game shit, etc.

or fuck it just jump the shark and make a video game adaptation of red vs dead. make it gears of war style where 1 team plays as nazi zombies and the other team plays as the red army. us and japan as dlc.l

Zombies that die with a single head shot. But are alerted by sounds.

How about not another fucking zombie game...that'd be nice

A mix of the DAY Z Arma mod and CONTAGION

Base a game off the book world WarZ but perhaps single player and every time that you died you would play as a different person with a different background, perhaps randomly generated? Alot to ask but it sounded good in my head.

Most Zombie games are fps derivative pieces of shit. You want a fun zombie/survival game?

Tone down the number of zombies, tone down the power of weapons, and make LOTS of areas to explore and interact with.

Where other games use 20 zombies in an encounter, try using 5. Where other games used an shotgun, give them just 6-shot revolver.

Seriously, the challenge shouldn't be "can I kill them all", the challenge should be "can I survive."

Blood
Guts
Gore
The more the better

>tone down the power of weapons
Never make guns feel like bb guns.

Make them more bulky to use, reduce the available ammo, or in case of a revolver make it kick hard and take a while to align the sights again.

FPS MMO - Open world

Settlements with factions that can range from friendly to hostile. Either of which you can align yourself with. Perks specific to each faction/settlement you align with.

Go on supply runs for experience with which you can level up things like accuracy, reload speed, healing time, weapon proficiency.

Go on knowledge runs which allows you to find books which allow you to craft things for your settlement/self. Acquire books that teach you basic science or skills relevant to advancing the output of your faction. Output can be related to things such as rations they give you, medical treatment, ammo they can supply you with.

Contested areas such as ammunition manufacturing plants which can increase the supply of ammunition available from your faction. I've sure there are other ideas people can come up with.

Customizable and moddable weapons kind of like fallout.

no no, think about it, in real life, if you're in a survival scenario, finding a pistol would be like 'fuck-yea', but in a zombie survival game, you walk around with guns galore.

Guns should be LESS effective on zombies than on people. You shouldn't expect to unload a clip and drop a small pack.

I'm not saying turn the power into a BB, I'm saying make re-loading more realistic, use iron-sights only, and using an gung-ho approach should get you killed.

Don't make a zombie movie. Make a game based on Crossed. that shit is still the scariest anything on the fucking everything.

It should be sort of realistic, but not too realistic with a "hunger meter"

The food you stock up with does affect how much you're able to carry at a time.

Say I acquire 3 days worth of food from my chosen settlement. I won't have to go to my inventory and select eat food each time a hunger bar goes down. But I will only be able to survive outside the settlement for 3 days without foraging / trapping food and making a fire (which is visible at night and the smoke can be visible during the day, so it can be dangerous or used as a trap)

Like 1 full day night cycle goes by, automatically depletes 1 day worth of food, but my backpack is lighter. I can carry more supplies, but I'll have to either head home or forage for food.

By day 3 I starve and die, leaving a zombie that roams the area.

This.
This is what I like in the survival-horror genre. Slow, methodical gameplay with heaps of atmosphere.
The zombies aren't the main danger, everything associated with the breakdown of society is.

Dubs

This
Kinda want to see a mix of PZ and RimWorld tbh

>that shit is still the scariest anything on the fucking everything.

Only because Garth Ennis hasn't gotten around to topping it yet. He will though. he always does. Just when you think he's taken his story telling to the most brutal, unforgiving extreme possible, he comes along and surprises you.

>unload a clip
triggered

IMO the guns should be very powerful, but with low ammo and difficult accurate aiming. This way you'd rather not shoot that zombie in the field, you want to save that ammo.