I keep hearing that Sup Forums used to be better, is that just nostalgia from oldfags or is it really tru?

I keep hearing that Sup Forums used to be better, is that just nostalgia from oldfags or is it really tru?

rolling

Both. I'm new here and it's okay

check these sick singles

i don't know. but i remember there was fun threads in the past like that live public webcam thing where some dude knocks over a postcard carousel and that thread where they chopped his own dick off

sadly there's no original content threads anymore, just rehashed youtube shit

there used to be a lot more variety and more memes but It was always all shit anyway so its arguable.

>fun
shit i meant, controversial weird oc shit

Not an oldfag, so I can't speak for them, but I know it's gone downhill in my 5 years of observing. I don't actually post tho

i always came here for the outliar threads that happened to be interesting. Sift away all the generic shit and its a unique site to be on. the internet should never be political, it is more than ever now and thats why its considored shit.

i feel like Sup Forums is peaking right now with all the /cfg/ shit and trump breads but Sup Forums is pretty boring as of l8 i mean Sup Forums will have good breads occasionaly but other wise its all the same shit

Sup Forums at least is definitely worse now.

Shit, so is /mlp/ ever since the scruffenning

agreed

Yes, it used to be a social phenomenon full of genuine creativity and spunk and personality. Now it's just another image board.

>scruffenning

what?

I agree those are trips

You are just getting used to it.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no.

It's absolutely true. Everyone says Sup Forums was never good, and while that's true, it wasn't as bad as it is now.

Ever since the fappening, Sup Forums has been flooded with normie chads, the kind of faggots who say shit like "is she hot or nah" and post fb fap threads. Sup Forums is infested with normie cancer when it used to be full of actual freaks and weirdos.

It's nothing unique. Look up Eternal September.

Have my up vote sir.
>STOP HAKIN IM KIDDING ITS A JOKE FUK D

i remember the fappening, also hows the other chans doing these days?

Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.

WTF WHENEVER I TRY TO TALK ABOUT EIGHT CH4N IT GIVES ME THIS SHIT ===> Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.

i dare u to type that chan normaly

Who cares? Just die.

8ch4n

u cant say 8 c h an thats like saying fuckin heresy to the moooods, every one here try and type it normaly it wont let u

Been here since 2007. There was the occasional trap or furfag thread, but everything else was depraved/hilarious/interesting.

Once m00t had that article about Sup Forums posted in NYT/Washington Post (I can't remember which) things went downhill DRASTICALLY.

First memory of Sup Forums was seeing rescue rangers rule 34. Ah, good times.

Sup Forums used to be much better even in like 2008/9 not that long ago, the sad part is that the whole internet turned to shitnow, there is nowhere to go

companies choked down on the internet hard so all the cool sites got taken offline and at the same time all the regular sites got flooded as fuck with normies so now there is no escape on the internet or in reallife causeof how many people are alive in general its a real fucked up situation all I wanted was one damn thing now its all fucked

>nostalgia

there's always the darknet :D they wont fuck with us there

Been here since 04.

Less dubs/ROLLAN/trap shit back in the old days, no greentext stories (people would actually use it to quote), slower boards, and more acceptance of tripfags meant the boards were more discussion-oriented and there was a stronger sense of culture.

Honestly, I think Sup Forums's better now than it has been for a few years. And, unlike the other boards, Sup Forums doesn't hide the fact that it's an anonymous imageboard that's a refuge for weirdos and people kicked out of other communities. And that's okay. As long as people keep posting whatever they feel like posting, Sup Forums is Sup Forums.

Though I do have to say, it's sad when threads expire because there's not enough people bumping them with 0 effort posts.

Sup Forums was definitely better before the captcha + with sage.

All that I really miss are world4ch and the old secret tinyboard because they were actually discussion oriented. At its heart, Sup Forums is meant to be a forum, and it just doesn't do a great job of that most of the time.

>failing with singles

7chan

also..

8***n is not anything special. it's just 7***n but one more. when the shilling stops it'll become another wasteland. A lot of Sup Forums's problems could be solved by adding more boards, more moderators, and more janitors. Fitting too many people into too small of a board is what turns them shitty imo. that's why i love /po/ and some of the other smaller boards on here, /po/ is like a fucking time machine

Sup Forums is, always has been, and forever will be shit.

Sometimes really cool shit.

But mainly just plain shit.

Been on here 10 years, run while you still can.

lel user i went to the darknet to check it out and its pretty deserted

/cfg/ seems to be sum kool shit

also just posting to bump