The five most powerful countries in the world are also the top olympic medal winners

>The five most powerful countries in the world are also the top olympic medal winners

Is there a correlation?

Not sure why the top 5 haven't just merged into a hyper-state, could just control the galaxy then

Only China and Russia are un-cucked enough to even attempt that.

>per capita
>muh first and second loser medals

Here's the real medal table

>total medals

The world should be split like this: UK takes europe, russia takes africa, we take the Americas, china takes asia/oceania. 4 nations ruling the earth with complete free trade.

>including loser medals

We're slowly annexing the white Commonwealth countries and the Japanese, so we'll be halfway there soon.

?

Who gets the Middle East? Or did we just nuke it? I hope we did

>total medals
>still lose to united states of phelps and ledecky

pawn them off to china, they are reckless enough to bend them into submission

holy shit kazakhstan is better than us
i guess we really do suck

the olympics are so boring. literally 2 countries ever win it, and like maybe 3 in the winter olympics. if i wanted to watch 2 teams win every year with the occasional meme country every 20th contest i'd watch soccer

what about Australia and the rest of those islands?

>less golds per capita than a nation of yak farmers
Yes you do.

>butthurt, the post

the >per capita meme has some validity to it in that its likely with more people youre going to have more resources for building athletes and have a bigger pool to choose from, but you cant use "per capita" alone to argue one country over another, since each country can only send the same amount of athletes.

i dont think its a surprise that the medal leaders are all very populated countries with enough money to spurge on their athletes.

We give the middle east to russia, and Africa is split evenly among all of us for resources

We're beating Kazakhstan

Puerto Rico should be there

1 gold among >4 million

You're supposed to watch it for the individual sports and those stupid tearjerker segments about how hard the athletes had to work to get to where they are today.

whoops I meant

If African and Asian countries had NA level GDP/c we'd all get wanged and blacked.

>Japan

based zealand