ITT: great series that don't get the love they deserve

ITT: great series that don't get the love they deserve.

I'll start: Fringe

last season was rushed and all but man when Peter gets that letter at the end.

Probably the most underloved show at the moment

Seasons 2 and 3 are great but I'll never forgive them for season 5.

5 was better than 4, which is so forgettable I'll pre-emptively remind everyone that was the season where nobody remembers Peter and then Olivia does and then William Bell is a goth and behind all the loose ends they forgot to tie up before.

I personally loved it. Sure, it was "different", but it was great as an ending desu.

Didn't specify I loved season 5

Person of Interest

didn't this run for 5 seasons with mediocre to abject shit ratings for its entire life?

I assume you're a fan, but what would you say is it's biggest flaw?

If you watch a single episode, or the first season, you can't get how brilliant this series was. I mean, if you watch the first season it looks like some kind of CSI or X-Files ripoff, but well.... Let's say that from the third season you start to get how "big" it is.

To be honest I didn't watch Fringe very far past parallel universes, so my opinion's not worth shit. But from what I remember of it it was pretty standard sci-fi. The bald dudes in the suits felt like they were trying to provide a LOSTesque background mythology that just wasn't super intriguing.
They were aliens right?

You know what is a great series that really, really doesn't get the love it deserves? L O S T.

One of the prime examples of where fan support kept it going

Farscape

Pacing can be terrible in some arcs.

Heroes

>L O S T

Is this a joke?

Dr. Katz

kys

lost is mostly loved here

I rewatch lost about once a year and I'm confident it's the best show I've ever seen, which includes an awful lot of overpraised tv shows.
Too many people still wrongly assume that it's okay to say things like "lol, hope X show doesn't end like lost xDDD".

game of thrones

I won't kys you, homo

Forever, fucking balls that it was cancelled. I recently discovered it, the first and only season was good.

>Wrongly assume it's ok to have an opinion.
That conceit.

Not that you deserve an answer for such a stupid comment, but no they weren't aliens. There were no aliens in Fringe. If you'd watched it instead of just commenting on it you'd know.

>I rewatch lost about once a year and I'm confident it's the best show I've ever seen, which includes an awful lot of overpraised tv shows.

My point was Lost is highly praised everywhere, it's the highest rated TV show of all time and basically you're a faggot.

>highest rated TV show
that's not true in terms of viewership or critical reception

You expect me to back my arguments up with facts?

People constantly slob the fuck out of fringe's knob and they're never able to give a good reason for it.

I never bothered watching S5, the whole future thing wasn't very interesting to me

I'm sure this is bait.

Fringe is a shitty show.
I don't know what it is that puts me off, the boring flat characters?
The wannabe 2spooky5me plot?
or maybe the shitty CGI?

Maybe all 3.

Good Sci Fi shows:
>the outer limits
>Sliders
>X files of course

Sliders had all thlse flaws you list, so did X files and I assume you don't mean the black and white Outer Limits, in which case, all of the above AND low as hell budget.

I thought there was a lot of love for muppets in space...?

X-Files is too conspirationist for me, and the acting is so damn cringy.

If you say fringe is a shitty show you clearly haven't seen all of it, because the "greatness" is in the plot twists and the whole parallel universes thing. It'all JJsque, and that IS a very good thing. THe only big flaw I can see is that the photography is not that good, I mean, it's pretty basic, like a standard CSI or whatever.

>conspirationist
Wut?

There is among fans of the genre, but it's pretty much forgotten otherwise

>can't even find a torrent of it

That is a damn shame. Still, I'd rather it be left alone and awesome than get shitty remakes.

Black sails
Its literally a 10/10 and its getting better with every season but its not that famous as shit shows like GoT

i watched it basically for her

90s sci fi is still better

Fringe shit is not watchable with all the cringey CGI shit going on.

X Files is fucking perfect, besides a few episodes here and there its great.
Meanwhile The Fringe Characters are boring as fuck, the lame woman, that old annoying fuck, don't remember anyone else tho, couldn't even tell what the stupid story was about.
Meanwhile I remember a shitton of X files characters and every episode.

Dude, you can't say "Fringe is shit coz CGI" then defend fucking Sliders whose CG was Lawnmower Man tier.

Ok, you must have seen a couple of episode and have based your opinion around those, because maybe you expected something more like X-Files. It's ok :)

Fringe fans just sound like they developed stockholm syndrome.

First season is god-awful. It'd be impossible to maintain that level of abhorrence so of course the later seasons are better. But I'm not going to stab myself in the face just to feel better when I stop doing it.

It was alright in the 90s, producing such horrible CGI shit in the late 2000 is another story.

I watched the first season when it aired and from the first moment I thought it was shit.
Plot was boring, characters were boring, it wasn't really spooky or interesting or mysterious.
It was just fucking boring.

I liked how every episode of the first season was about stumbling across technology so advanced it would, on it's own, solve every human problem because it breaks every physical law.

but that was all shuffled aside for the next SUPER SCIENCE of the week.

It's okay I don't have any problem with your opinion srsly, I think it's more than understandable if you have watched only the first season, as I said it looks like a typical FBI/CIA/Police show like many others. Trust me, if you watch the others you might change your mind!

Fringe was a racist ass show.