Why the fuck did he get rid of somebody for having a can of peaches?

Why the fuck did he get rid of somebody for having a can of peaches?

he was suicidal

he was just doing his job, man

Because Rachel doesn't love him anymore

Is this the friends guy? What movie is it?

When Trumpets Fade

Those aren't peaches. Those are U.S. Army property.

Because the USA doesn't have sharia law

More importantly, why is Shaun "Hot Fuzz" Ofthedead standing next to him?

Battle Of Sandwich.

In the late 1960s, Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliber pistol.[9] The bullet entered his left temple, passed behind his eyes, and exited out the other side of his head. This severed his optic nerves and left him blind.[9] He was later moved to a VA assisted living facility in Waukegan, Illinois. Sobel resided there for his last seventeen years until his death due to malnutrition on September 30, 1987.[9] No services were held for Sobel after his death.[9]

bundle of sibliings

Everyone is in this mini series, even Jimmy Giggles Falon

Back in junior high our principal was a retired air force captain, even though he was nothing like Sobel, I think he was going for the same approach (giving us a really hard time so we would be "better prepared"). He had some bizarre requests, like we would have to memorize songs for the music classes and he made the girls curtsy to him (this was back in 1997 or so) and critiqued them harshly if they did it wrong. I still absolutely hate his guts, he was an unreasonable asshole. Giving your subordinates or pupils a hard time just makes them want to piss on your grave. I imagine easy company felt the same about Sobel.

what a moron

It's not a can of peaches.

F•R•I•E•N•D•S: The Motion Picture

there a decent stream of this series online anywhere? I watched the longest day earlier this week for memorial day, and it has me hankering for more WWII stuff.

Amazon - it is free with Amazon Prime.

Memes aside - it was theft, and he didn't want any thieves in his unit.

Band of Brothers

Because it was United States Army property and it was taken without authorization from his mess facility

some people are just not made for military, should have been a jewish banker instead.

Some of the guys from E company, while not wanting him to lead them in battle, credit his harsh training for getting them through the war. The guy couldn't read a map, and had zero tactical sense, but at least they were better prepared when someone else took over.

He was a ass, but some of the best leaders are assholes.

>In the late 1960s, Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliber pistol.[9] The bullet entered his left temple, passed behind his eyes, and exited out the other side of his head. This severed his optic nerves and left him blind.[9] He was later moved to a VA assisted living facility in Waukegan, Illinois. Sobel resided there for his last seventeen years until his death due to malnutrition on September 30, 1987.[9] No services were held for Sobel after his death.[9]

wew

Full Metal Can

Being an asshole isn't a requirement of being a good leader and being an asshole doesn't make one a good leader.

i never really got this - he wasn't too far in front of them that it would make a difference to a sniper

He wasn't a good combat leader though. Sounds like he would be better suited for training them than leading them in battle

He was actually perfect for the military, in a training/staff position. Just a horrible combat leader.

He made himself a target by standing ahead and away from them all. The guy looking around with binoculars is likely going to be some kind of officer, not a dime-a-dozen private.

This. Pass revoked.

I could eat a peach for hours.

He showed himself to be a officer - snipers are under general orders to take out officers as it causes units ability to fight to lessen as NCOs are a mixed bunch.

Indeed, why they gave him the training posts when they removed him from easy.

I used to quote that line all the time as s kid not understanding the entendre.

Holy fuck thats brutal

A valuable lesson can be learned from this Sup Forums

All of you. Pay the fuck attention.

Is Generation War as good as BoB? My great grandfathers fought for the axis and naturally I can relate more to them/see them as my heroes than the American invaders of my continent.

In the off chance you aren't meming, it's because you don't want a thief in your unit. If he's gonna take shit from the DFAC, what's stopping him from stealing from others in the company? It also reinforces discipline throughout the unit.

I bet your parents loved that.

>invaders, damn I like the sound of that

Not our fault your dumbass grandparents let your country get cucked by a retarded degenerate drug addict.

>showed himself an officer
>has a LT symbol on his fucking head

I mean... come on guys.

Contrary to popular belief, it's incredibly hard to hit a moving target. He stopped the convoy and just stood out in the open. It was just a really really dumb decision but it didn't OUT him as an officer.

Its a discipline thing

They didn't mention this in Band of Brothers. Pity really, guy seemed to train his men well.

I'm not German I'm Finnish. Also I don't blame you for responding to Germany when they declared war on you but nevertheless I can't relate to your soldier nor are they any heroes of mine. Is it hard for Americans to grasp that other countries exist?

Which one Sup Forums?

To be honest I don't think they got it either.

It shows that the majority of the whermacht weren't genocidal maniacs and we're just roped into the war based on nationalism

Why didn't Simon Pegg have a comedial scenes in the series? It feels weird and wasted potential,

I suppose it doesn't really inspire the same thought processes when it comes from a kid.

I don't think he even had a line in this show in fact I think that's the only scene I see him

what and why is the entendre? google has nothing

Mate, it refers to cunnilingus.

Well, yeah I suppose, but America LITERALLY won WW2 single handily without any support from any other country in the world. Not Great Britian, not France, and certainly not the USSR.

Nope. America did it all themselves.

he gives the court marshal letter to winters when they are in britain later on with his BEST american accent.

Band of Brothers all the way.

Pacific has a lotta good stuff in it but from memory they seemed way too focused on the "war is hell" aspect more than the characters or the campaign.

> volunteer at a retirement home
> watch people die on a daily basis from "malnutrition" which is actually people fucking starving
> at least three bodies being carted off every day in the morning
Retirement homes are basically internment camps for old people, they just burn the bodies off site.

he has a fucking first Lt. symbol on his helmet you dimwit. (Single Stripe)

also he has binoculars. which was officer issued.

PIVOT: The movie

He was a complete unknown at that point. I think it was even before Spaced.

I do love watching this show every few years because every time I do there's actors who have become famous since.

Only realised last time I watched it that Bane was the guy fucking that girl.

One of my Co-workers was a family friend of Winters. His family owns a bakery in Pennsylvania and Winters shopped there a lot and they all became besties apparently. Even went back home for the funeral.

>also he has binoculars. which was officer issued.
would the germans know that?

>memo form herr hitler: shoot the ones with binoculars first

Peach = pussy

If only she would have said "you ARE a big guy"

Don't forget Jimmy Fallon was the supply truck driver before they went into bastogne

Well make a movie about the Finn wars vs. the soviets. I am not sure why it hard to understand a american production company is going to produce a series about american troops, just like it not surprising the BBC makes stuff on British troops. Or Russia talks about its troops.

Yes, that why officers were supposed to use binoculars in a covered position, and then move if snipers are known to be in the area so they do not aim at a reflection.

uhhhh why are you calling me a dimwit for? since when is a lt not an officer?

He was a shit leader too

I think it's the only time in his whole career Jimmy Fallon has not sucked a bag of dicks.

Fassbender is the guy who drinks water on the march.

Private Blyth didn't die either, he was shipped home before anyone knew and everyone in easy thought he was dead. Only after the show aired (or the book was released, I forget) he contacted them and was like "yo I'm alive lol"

It's not, I asked about Generation War that is produced by Germans. I watched and liked BoB btw, just was interested in something similar for me. Nowhere did I demand hollyjew should produce that.

Another show you can do that with is Xfiles.
Non stop stream of people who later became famous.

CONTRABAND

>tfw we will never get an eastern front BoB with American production values
>tfw we will never get a BoB series for ww1

>>tfw we will never get a BoB series for ww1

that would be shit

>Day 73: in trench all day again. foot is wet.

Also Magneto and Xavier.

So far The Pacific only has Mr Robot that I recognise as getting famous since. The guy from 13 Hours and The Walk was already in season 3 of 24 by that point so he doesn't count.

Is that Simon Pegg in the back?

You do know that drill instructors should be obnoxious , and since EZ company had such high survival rate(all things considering, they were in almost all suicidal missions) he did something right.
He didnt had to be a good soldier, he just needed to make a person aggressive,really fit and build "Fuck you,ill endure you!"- mentality,
in that aspect he was perfect.

You saying it did not show himself as a officer.

>Walks out in front.
>has a big ass LT. Stripe on his helmet
>Uses binoculars
>Turns around to show the even bigger stripe on the back of his helmet

Gets shot down.

Yes, he showed off at least three things to be a officer.

>high survival rate
>~160% casualty rate

YES GOD DAMN IT.

Because only faggots eat peaches

Fair enough - It a bad of brothers thread - I had to look up that generation war was just a renaming of "Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter"

>MMMYYYYYYY PEEEEEAAAACCHHHHHHEEEEESSSSS?

and that is why there was no Jewish resistance movement in whole Europe(even woodland people of eastern Balkan made Partisans who actually did a lot of harm to Nazis), if you take money out of equation , Jews have no power.

Finally , Israelly are turning into an nation and they have warrior class among them

Ok you are just being dumb for no reason.

The sniper would have been able to tell he had the symbol on his helmet even if he didn't go stand out in the open.

THEREFORE

Him going out in the open didn't OUT him as an officer. They clearly would have been able to see he was way before. It simply made him an easier target since he wasn't moving. Shooting a moving target is considerably harder than a non-moving target, specifically if you are aiming at the head (which the sniper was). Him even turning caused the sniper to miss a bit.

Use some fucking critical thinking next time and get your ass off your high horse you dumbfuck.

That right - was BOB before or after Children of Dune. Children of Dune and State of Play is what made Mcavoy a rising star.

Snipers typically aim for center mass fyi

The officer had not covered his fucking white stripe, didn't put his Maps and binoculars inside jackets, so he showed himself to be a officer.

huh, i thought it was about ass eating

SeeAndShouldn't have openly used binos in that position. It's pretty much a dead giveaway.

you dont know how snipers work in real life.(in this example it was obvious it was officer so he took him out, usually they just wound first one)
First you shoot someone who is at total front of colone, then you shoot at someone who is all the way in the back(that way you make whole platoon in dissaray ), then, depends on situation, you either relocate while they are trying to get a hold of first shock and then you wound ones who try to rescue first victims.

its one of the oldest tactics in the books, first, last,2nd first,2nd last,relocate, rinse ,repeat until almighty US sniper hits you right in the eye tru scope.

All before stepping forward. Amazing.

The airborne also covered up their badges that signaled they were an elite force as well during Operation Market Garden.

typically, but if presented with a super obvious target not moving and out in the open with no other combat distractions odds are the sniper was thinking "Lol what is this idiot doing" and "BOOM! HEADSHOT TIME"

In the novel, lots of the men say that despite Sobel being a colossal cunt and a terrible CO under fire, the reason Easy performed so well under fire was the training they received from Sobel. Shame they don't really touch on it in the TV series.

This - My great uncle served in the pacific, and while out on the islands that have not been fully captured they were under orders never to salute the officers, as otherwise their officers would get shot by a sniper, and officers had to keep their binoculars hidden.

> openly used binos in that position
I don't get it why the fuck are you idiots being so dense about this?

The binoculars and being upfront are not the only thing that gives off your rank. The fact he had it on his FUCKING HELMET would be a larger factor that they would have seen before he even stepped up.

What is so god damn hard to understand about that?

>i thought it was about ass eating
I'm glad I could clear it up for you before that became an issue in life.