How/why did you guys quit smoking?

How/why did you guys quit smoking?

Other urls found in this thread:

mic.com/articles/135298/new-study-shows-how-people-who-vape-may-be-making-themselves-sick#.KiWaSyjVT
youtube.com/watch?v=-DbFBu_I_lA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only faggots that want to live quit.

I never started, there is no better way to quit.

The wife and i I had been talking about it for a while, one day smoking half the cigarette, decided I'm done. And that was it. Actually not that hard after about a day

I was never stupid enough to start something so ultimately pointless

I smoked for a number of years and quit cold turkey. The benefits are amazing I believe you in OP

My best friend has a girlfriend, and she wanted him to quot so he could be healthier. I knew the only way he'd be able to quit was if I did it with him, so here I am. They're happily together for a year now and it's been 7 months for us without smokes

You're on Sup Forums you fucking idiot

I didn't

I started vaping. Means I won't die a horrible death in my 60's. I mix my own liquid and everything.

I'd take looking like a fag over a painful death any day.

easiest way. worked for me
>get masters in theoretical and applied physics
>spend your whole life studying time
>dedicate every second of your life to making a time machine
you will be so busy trying to make a time machine that you won't have time too smoke

>implying that vaping negates all the health risks attached to smoking

>being this retarded

if you wanna quit smokin just quit smokin, all these fuckin bandaids and chewing gums are pure shit

Easy to quit when you never started

At the time I was smoking crack I could only afford one and I wasn't going to give up the crack

Headaches got so bad where I couldn't bare it any longer. Literally cried and ripped up my cigs and flushed them down the toilet then after flushing them I realized that was as hard as it was going to get... and it wasn't even that hard.

medication required me to stop smoking, it was not that hard if i know i cant do it anymore

I have a time machine but it only goes forward at a normal speed

>mic.com/articles/135298/new-study-shows-how-people-who-vape-may-be-making-themselves-sick#.KiWaSyjVT

same here. Started vaping ~2 years ago, haven't smoked since.

faggots

Former smoker here. It's not pointless but thanks for showing your ignorance on the matter!

Quit 10 years ago and so glad that I did.

I started vaping. Cigarette smoke tastes like shit in comparison to vape. I don't smoke a year now.

I never get sick.

user is right. It's all willpower.

i quit smoking because i ran out of cigarettes

I keep meaning to, but I've come to enjoy the nasty taste and how terrible they make me feel. GF also smokes, and smokes weed. They seem to go hand in hand.

You have a tumor. Smoking has nothing to do with your headaches.

>tfw when smoking 75 cigs a day

>Smoked one cigarette
>Felt like shit after
>Mouth tasted like ass
>Never smoked again

You're gonna...

Highly unlikely.

Why's that?

Because you're a fag who can't into logic.

Can someone give me an honest answer? I've read that if you live in a city you are as it is taking enough smoke. Smoking 1-2 would harm you in anyway. That's how much I smoke. Should I try to quit now? I'm 21 and been smoking for a year almost.

>says the fag who can't go five minutes without cramming something hot and phallic into his mouth to suck on
Enjoy your inevitable lung cancer, faggot.

Just don't inhale imo.

>how
Just stopped and was done with it.
>why
I always hated the smell of nicotine on clothes, fingers. My partner doesn't smoke and I didn't want to bother her with that shitty smell, though she never said anything against it.

I don't. You smoke? How many a day?

Has this study been peer reviewed and trialed? Didn't think so. Keep getting your info from Facebook faggot

>decided to not be a nigger and start budgeting money
>15% of my shit tier income went to cigarettes (Illinois is an expensive state for cigs)
>switched to rollies for a couple months
>those tasted like shit
>just slowly quit because I didn't like the taste and didn't want to spend that much money on name brand
>now I will get one pack of newports (yeah still kind of a nigger) to smoke whenever I get weed which is not too often.

>projecting this hard
>implying you sucking on anonymous cocks is healthier than my vape
>implying you aren't just imagining vapes as cocks to get horny when you see real men puffing on them

Quit last December after 35 years of smoking. Watched smoking kill my grandfather, my mother and my gfs aunt. Decided it was time to quit. Got Chantix and quit after 1 month on it. Still get the urge when I see others smoking, but it's not too bad. Quitting was actually easier than I thought it would be.

Found out that the tobacco companies were
spiking the leaf with extra nicotine & GMO tobacco.

1 day i just stop and i succes do it with out anything

Also I run daily and whenever I sweat it makes a cig taste awful.

Guess that's why a lot of smokers are inactive besides, you know, that lung thing it does to them

here's a way you can try:
step 1: realize that the physical addiction to nicotine lasts for only about 2 days.

step 2: go on vacation somewhere for more than a week, somewhere far that the flight alone could take more than a day, you will be so preoccupied with the trip that you will not have time or place to smoke, the good thing is that you wont even notice it coz you will have fun, after 2 or more weeks you come back home and the urge will be gone.

When I came home I found that the urge returned. If you can push through that though, you'll be good.

Physical addiction is not the same as a psychological dependency.

There are cooler ways to kill yourself

All my kekkels
Screencapped

Nice pic bro. Where was that taken?

Never started

Somewhere amazing

you're right but still, it helps to realize

had to quit after having 2 pneumothorax

imagine not being able to breathe, and every time you shift your torso the air bubble shifts itself around and needs to resettle before you can get comfortable again.

I can think of cheaper, cooler ways to die

I live in flat Illinois. Maybe Thats why I smoke too much weed and cigarettes. Because there is no nature to enjoy besides fucking the cows across the gravel road.

I quit cold turkey after a dry socket because user is retarded.

Get a Cyclo cross bike. You won't regret it. Being able to hold 30 on flat gravel roads and being able to ride trails on the same bike feels so good

400-600 bucks, probably cheaper used. Not bad. Will look into. My car is broke down atm and I walk 1.5mi to work at 3am so this would be nifty

>tfw still smoked after tooth extraction and no complications

youtube.com/watch?v=-DbFBu_I_lA
Watched this. Quit cold turkey
>no_longer_cool.jpg

Well aren't you lucky