Chokestralia

We're a fucking embarrassment.

What happened to the 17 golds we won in Athens? At this rate we're going to be worse than 1992.

At least you're an honest failure unlike your fellow countrymen

>we're
>we

Per capita, more like per crapita.

I hate these feels. We're garbage.

Ameriswims got better at stealth doping.

youre allowed to say we for national sports, dummy

>drinks milk from a bag
>calls others dumb
fuck off, hoser

>tfw we arent going to win ANY gold in cycling, our pet sport after swimming
>swimming is over
>all our guaranteed medal events are done with the exception of the 50km walk in which we are the outright favorite

We have literally one gold medal chance left. Should ACTUALLY be on about 10 gold by now.

Should have had at least 3 more in the pool and the mens quad sculls in rowing should have also won gold.

> what happened

our country has been in a descent into irrelevance since early 2000's. this disgraceful showing at the olympics is a side effect of a nation in decline

only first world countries do well at the olympics

>only first world countries do well at the olympics

USA and China blow your theory away

you're only good in hockey and nothing else, and had to share your gold medal, fuck off.

This is worse than London because at least in London they got loser medals. In this Olympics, we haven't even got many of those.

I think the athletes are fine, I feel like it's the coaches and shit.

>talk shit
>get hit
Sorry ausbros, you kind of asked for this.

are >we still in the hockey for both genders? surely >we can win that?

Pretty much. And now they're so fucking shit that no one wants to be like the people who finished 6th so they join faggotball.

Who's to blame?

Kity Chiller, the head of the AOC

Nick Kyrgios and Bernard Tomic are >our two best Tennis players and neither of them are competing because SHE, a literaly nobody, doesn't like their attitude

They wouldn't have won anyway but maybe Kyrgios could have meddled. it's just an example of the attitude of the organisation

The culture needs to change.

As nice as it is to send everyone there, they should just cut the number to people who could conceivably win on a good day.

I do wonder if the culture shift towards being a sick cunt like Zyzz or playing the foooooty has affected it? A lot of people rejecting typical sports like swimming for aesthetic lifting (not olympic lifting).

Abet probably raped the funding anyway

Hey Cate Campbell just made herself useful. Still just a silver though

I feel like if McKoewn didn't choke we could have got gold.

Happens every time. We basically choke in everything but the relays unless there's a godlike swimmer like Thorpe.

We should be paying our olympic level athletes 60-120k a year depending how good they are are, most of them live on not much more than the dole

Why the fuck didnt kyrgios compete
He could have won gold

>It's an AusBronze episode

That was a good swim from Chalmers though

If the AOC don't funnel a bunch of money into Chalmers they're fucked. That kid is gifted.

Apparently the AOC "didn't like his attitude".

Reminder that (You) personally played no part in the success or failure of your athletes.

No you wouldn't, he would have got bodied by EBAM again

Actually I did fuck face. I donated to the USOC to help fund training for Olympians..

TANK would destroy SCAM just like murray destroyed his classmates by diverting the shooter to another room

I pay tax so I did.

Nobody cares about the Olympics except middle aged women.

Who gives a fuck.

And yet you're here on a Saturday night to comment about it.

Sad.

Apparently Chalmers might go to AFL
>You now remember this cunt is still in High School

He'll probably play for Adelaide Crows though. Huge waste of talent.

That cunt is going to fuck every girl at his school when he gets back,

>Saturday night

All the lanklets are going to AFL we need to stop them

Are our Beach Volleyball team a chance?

>yfw Jared Tallent chokes in the 50km Deathmarch

We need to invest less on stopping the boats and more in swimming after them.

karma, m8

next time don't talk unironic shit during the first few days of the olympics lmao

We weren't even in the top 10 this time in 2012

Don't worry mates, we'll still wipe the smiles off the smug cunts like this fella

>2016
>coming from a country that still relies on male athletes to win medals

ty based trudeau for promoting feminism

all in good fun m8

see Swim team got $40million taxpayer dollars over the 4-year period. Every Australian taxpayer has a stake.

Don't take tongue in cheek drunken chest pounding so seriously lol

Kyle Chalmers hair looks like shit

>excels in the most medal-bloated sport
>can't even per-capita
so sad

alright haha :)

This country has sucked at sport since Howard left office.

>>can't even per-capita

3million/0 is undefined m8

learn2percapita

no one good plays olympic sports

who says as a kid, i want to be olympic ping pong champion, no one

i got pretty deep into ping pong during college and got pretty good, had a few fleeting dreams of going pro then I realized it's just a dumb game to play with friends and went back to being a loser

stupid analogy

most kids just do what they're good at and very very few people are good at sport to the point they could be world class in multiple sports

how many AFL footballers, cricketers or Cuckby Plebgue Bogans do you think could become Olympians?

Mitchell Starc's brother does highjump or something so maybe he could have, but theres very very few

lel australia

>how many AFL footballers, cricketers or Cuckby Plebgue Bogans do you think could become Olympians?
Probably most of them you dingus.
>alright haha :)
Good

>tfw we don't just send Rioli to win every sport

Bruce would have the time of his life

Good. We overate ourselves as a 'sporting nation' and that has lead to a culture of (unwarranted) excessesive pride and boasting. I hope this Olympics proves to be a failure for us. I hope we don't win any more medals. I hope that through this, we could perhaps learn humility.

AFL at the Olympics when?

This country has sucked since Howard left office.

no shit, there's no money in the olympics, they are welfare queens, you can at least make a living earning a pittance in the team sports and the training isn't half as rigorous.

Reminder that even if you did play a part, you'd still be losing

>phelps won again

Your swimming failed

Australia is doing pretty well for being Australia. You've just over-performed recently, this is your casual level - right next Canada.

This is not a shitpost.

I agree with you but we all grew up during an Australian sporting golden generation (not just one sport, basically all of them at the same time) so these modest returns are naturally disappointing compared to what we grew up with

Trouble was brewing when you lost the Commonwealth games to England. I think you beat them like 6 straight times.

Male tennis eliteness has also left you (like it has left us).

I think we're on the same path. Consequences of technology and entertainment in a first world country.

Back in the "good old days," sports were really a kid's only entertainment. The "nerdy" kid who wasn't good enough for basketball, football, baseball, etc might go into tennis, golf, or some Olympic specialty like swimming or speed skating.

And yeah, I know there was TV, Nintendo, Playstation, etc, but nothing like today.

Now the nerdy kid will just play "esports" or Pokemon to get his competitive fix.

You're right about the coaches, after the 08 Olympics our coaches started to get crazy good offers from other countries. We couldn't match their offers so they left us.

>no shit, there's no money in the olympics, they are welfare queens
thats my point, the best athletes dont go to olympics

>muh excuses for losing

What events do we still have at least a shot at gold in? Mens and Womens Hockey. Anything else?

I honestly don't know why we see ourselves as a 'sporting nation.' Because we're good at cricket and rugby? Because we had a few good swimmers 20 years ago?

>Australia's only event is over
>American's are going to claim about 5 more golds tonight with gymnastics

This is bullshit

kek get a load of this poor canadian peasant that doesnt even have his own crane to get into bed

when Delly drives mass niggers to suicide winning gold you will be king. It will be greater than Trump winning.

I wonder...

Our generation doesn't give two fucks about athletics until the olympics come around.

Kids at schools would much rather play sports - if they're going to do any physical activity - rather than do athletics.

This is what Australia gets for prioritising insignificant joke sports.

Is this the choking thread?

I feel at home there.

wtf is wrong with that dog

really makes you think

Didn't China nick a lot of your best swimming coaches? This could be the problem. Get them back.

>you now remember Ian Thorpe

>mfw when grant hackett actually could, unlike horton

At least you're not Mexico.