Star Trek is objectively better than star wars

Star Trek is objectively better than star wars.

Wrong opinion buddy.

I agree with OP. Star wars isn't that good and Star Trek has far better writing

I like both but TNG has to be one of the greatest TV series ever made.

Data could rip Chewbacca's arms off.

Star Trek is boring as fuck. Yes Star Wars is more fantasy than science fiction but at least it's entertaining which is the whole point.

True.

ITT: obvious statements that are blindingly clear to anyone who isn't a complete idiot.

>brainless mouthbreather detected
I bet you watch sports ffs.

With one exception.

Only one thing I hated about the star trek series is the poorly acted fight scenes but it's understandle due to budget, technology and the fact the series didn't focus on it.

There are four lights bitch.

The best way I can describe it:

> Star Trek TOS = original space sitcom.

> Star Wars = refined space story.

> Star Trek TNG = perfected space adventure.

> Star War prequels = CGI space adventure.

star wars is the thinking mans star trek

The fights look like a lot of ones I've seen in real life.

You literally have to be a gay communist to enjoy star trek better than star wars

Never bothered watching it but as long as its not disney

>TFW I thought OP was being serious

They both suck

Star Trek as a whole is episodic

But go and tell me that the Star Trek films, specifically, have better writing than the Star Wars films.

Pro-tip: they don't.

They're all SW prequels level writing or worse

>image.jpg
You're dismissed.

They're pretty poor and I'm talking about like the fight scenes with Worf and or Data. They're both supposed to be inhumanly strong but get they're asses whooped every time.

The only thing they have in common is being set in space.

The problem with Star Wars is it is all movies...there has never been a true television show. Only cartoons and games. Although I must admit the start wars GAMES are 100x better than any Star Trek game out there. Jedi Knight/Academy, SWTOR etc to name a few.

Movies: Star Wars
TV: Star Trek
Games: Star Wars

Could you cite one example of Data getting his ass whooped, please?

Reddit wants you back...

Worf did get his ass beat by Data one time.

Wrath of Khan shits on every and all Star Wars movies.

Do you include mods? Star Trek Armada 3 best mod.

Star Trek, First Contact, Data gets his ass whooped and he is then tied up as the Borg queens new fuck toy.

Data was malfunctioning at the time.

Cringey neckbeard loser who thinks he is smart but is actually a fucking retard that no one likes. Just end your life no one cares about you and you are worthless.

That's not what happens and you know it.

That's a long winded way of saying "yes."

Yeah but overall Star wars games are just much better. I think Elite Force was the only star trek game to score above an 80/100

Yeah, that's what I thought.

What's the point of telling an anonymous user who you don't know to kill themself for assumed reasons. I've never understood that... but pls kys

If I had the time and money I would focus on watching all seasons of Star Trek. Star Wars is just too unrealistic.

>unrealistic
>already happened long ago in a galaxy far away

Netflix they're on there now skip rhe original series unless your cool at watching low budget but good writing story, go straight to TNG which is arguable the best of the entire star trek series

look at the buttblasted sportstard

'Ey man, even Luke Skykiller gets his hand cut off by the big bad. It's a tension building moment.

OPs pic from "The Pegasus" Great episode

Call me a gay communist, then. Because fuck you, Star Wars is a simplistic space opera that caters less to intricate shades of moral decision-making and more to just straight-up Disney faggoty.

Star Trek has economic theory, political allegory, theoretical science, and the capacity to go beyond a straight-up battle between good and evil. Star Wars is a blatant ripoff of almost every fucking Noble Warrior saga since Tolkien. With magic robewearing shiteating wizards.

So if you're a neck bearded fatass like Jabba, then sure. Star Wars is for you.

Captain Janeway is a dumb bitch.

>be Janeway
>go out on three week mission
>somehow fuck up so badly end up in the Delta Quadrant, on the other side of the galaxy
>violate the temporal and prime directive over 9k times per episode
>murders one of her own crewman
>encounters borg
>collaborates with borg
>kidnaps a borg
>forces borg to seperate from the collective
>when she gets home instead of being tried for her war crimes she gets promoted to Admiral cause daddy is one too

inb4 prime directive doesn't matter because Delta Quadrant

Also

TNG>DS9>VOY>TOS>ENT

prove me wrong.
>pro tip inc
>you can't

Remember when she MURDERED Tuvix?

this

not if you're 11 but star trek sure is smarter and more intresting

>mfw all these shit opinions

This. "Hold on, let's build a giant space station with a power core the size of a small moon to blow up planets to show how badass we are."

And yet nobody in the Imperial Science corps says "oh hey, if we do that, we completely fuck up that sector in addition to losing a potential slave / prison planet". I can't imagine the Dork Lord of the Sith wouldn't be down with the ability to use literally billions of cheap labor and planetary resources.

But no, we gotta spend almost the entire economic production of an Empire to build not one but two artificial moons so we can go around blowing shit up.

The Rebels aren't even rebelling against anything in particular, just "EEEEEEEVIL".

Fuck that for a shitty plotline.

never seen deep space nine, did I miss anything? also Janeway stupid or not she is an intresting captain.

Star Wars is not science fiction, it's fantasy in space

No argument here.

But she was still a better captain than Kirk.

Mostly because she didn't fuck mud if it wriggled.

Her 1st officer was also an enormous pain in the dick. Only characters out of that series worth a damn were Lucretia Borgie, Doctor Jem of the Emergency Holograms, and Little Miss Angry Half Klingon.

DS9 is second best trek.

"Interesting" does not mean "has tits".

>Genocide Janeway
>better than Kirk

Freaking loved Garik as a character. Underrated throughout the entire series.

I didn't like DS9 because it kept trying to tell me that weak scumbags (Eg. Kira) were actually heroic badasses.

pretty sure that was posted by the samefag who posted the copypasta. I've seen both exact posts one right after the other. Sad, tbh.

hi, Sup Forums

star trek isn't owned by the faggot loving Disney niggers so it automatically is better

I've only watched 2 of the movies of TNG and I loved them I need to get into the show, star wars is kinda overhyped and mediocre the only good thing are the games

I didn't say she didn't make fucking stupid decisions.
I said better captain.
Kirk couldn't lead his way out of a paper bag. He was like George Bush Junior - only capable of doing a goddamn thing because he had 20+ people who made sure he didn't run with scissors - metaphorically speaking

They're totally different and comparing them is pointless.

>>>/reddit/
Nobody cares how much you want to be viewed as a classy rational fedoraman here, low test.

The bitch still condemned her mother as a collaborator even after finding out that she lived her life as a miserable sex slave purely to save her family.

She wasn't a badass. That was always the point. But she was pissed as hell and willing to fuck your shit up to get her to leave her and her peeps alone.

It was a straight-up allegorical statement against Israel's occupation of the Palestine and the West Bank during the Intifada, along with some serious statements about Middle East politics.

You honestly think it was about being a badass? Fuck that, it was about being willing to do anything to fight for your personal freedom in the face of overwhelming odds.

Maybe her mother shouldn't have collaborated if she didn't want to be condemned as one. You have a toddler-like sense of personal responsibility. Not really surprising since you probably still watch cartoons.

I'm not saying Star Trek games are better, I'm just saying mod wise Star Trek wins.

Also the new Battlefront is ass.

>She wasn't a badass

I know, but the show kept trying to portray her as one. Hence my annoyance.

True.
Not the new films obviously.
I fucking love star wars but they killed it when they killed the EU. This new politically correct mass marketed star wars makes me sad.

Star Trek series are super cool though and philosophical, thought provoking, true sci fi

>Putting VOY in front of TOS or TAS
You're literally wasting air, kys.

And if North Korea bombed the fuck out of your country tomorrow, occupied your town and took your mom as a sex slave, after your mom sucked two hundred kimchee dicks a day to "keep you safe", would you prefer her to be a North Korean dogfucker or fight for her home instead of just taking it in the ass?

My god, junior. I just realized exactly how pathetic you and your "cuck" faggotry actually is. You'd rather suck a cock to be safe than to fight for you and yours.

Being kidnapped by a superior force and then told "become a sex slave or we'll kill you and your entire family" is not collaboration. If she was a collaborator then so we're the Bajorans mining minerals for the Cardassians with guns pressed to their necks.

They both suck, Fucking nerds

Wouldn't that be "go play with the plasma couplings"?

Padawan acadawan
er-- excuse me,
Padamy acedemy

Star Wars is Fantasy in Space while Star Trek is actual Science Fiction so I agree with OP.

But I like both each for it's own reasons.

Right. Bigger and better.

>You'd rather suck a cock to be safe than to fight for you and yours.
Millenials summed up in one sentence.

It's speculative fiction..

Not defending a giant space station with a giant laser but I feel this should be posted.

A false binary choice. Someone who has been subjugated by being kidnapped and their family held hostage does not have the agency to collaborate or rebel.
They are a slave. Enslavement is not collaboration.

Wow..
Is this true?

Exactly.
Star Wars is Swordsand Sorcery In Space With Elves.

Star Trek is not.

The former lends itself well to games and fantasy and completely unrealistic world creation. (Seriously. A forest moon without enormous bodies of water? A complete desert planet that totally isn't a fucking ripoff of Frank Herbert's Arrakis from the Dune series? An entire metal-covered planet that's the administration center of an Empire just like Asimov's Trantor? Lucas stole almost everything he did from sci-fi and fantasy author, shit it into a bowl and hand waved it enough to make it seem original for audiences too stupid or illiterate to realize how much he plagiarized from the sci-fi and fantasy authors of legend.)

Not even arguable, it IS the best

>Enslavement is not collaboration
Technically it is. It's still voluntary cooperation to an extent.
You could always rebel against your captors and succeed, or die. Or you could take your own life if you found imprisonment or servitude abhorrent.

You have choices. You make them. Whether you choose to suck korean cocks, pick cotton or rise up and (likely) die fighting, you make your choice and pick the devil you run with,

>dumb enough to take the bait.

>a weapon that blows up planets to fight people who don't have any planet

They DID have planets, and had to flee them because of this weapon. You think blowing up Leia's home planet didn't have an effect on Rebel tactics?

>fear your own inactive military
really not a problem when they are 100% fiercely loyal and you're the most powerful being in the universe.

Damn straight.
Everything is a choice.

Go watch some Stargate you brain dead, American redneck.

Its what the Expanded Universe says, makes more sense than, "We got big gun hur durr, lets go blow up planets we can use for resources... hurdurrr"

trigger'd

Hey I pretty much assume any added plot is just as big a part of one story as anything else..
This kinda makes me respect the star wars universe a little more.
Also justifies my using infinite force cheats on battlefront 2 so I could lightning the fuck out of people with Palpatine

Blowing up Alderaan did have an effect on rebel tactics, it made them use the whiny faggot who has a pedo telling him to use the force.

You ALWAYS have a choice. The choices may suck, but you have a choice.

If you honestly were being held by the threat that your family would be destroyed if you did something, you are in the exact situation of literally thousands of freedom fighters. You actively allow your family to be leverage? YOU make them a target.

Ultimately it comes down to the difference between you and me.

I'd rather live free and independent, even knowing it might cost me and mine everything.

You'd rather suck a cock to survive.