Is Grimes actually good or is it just waifufags waifufagging? I like Ariel pink and someone said her music was similar

Is Grimes actually good or is it just waifufags waifufagging? I like Ariel pink and someone said her music was similar.

Where do I start with grimeth?

Other urls found in this thread:

exclaim.ca/music/article/grimes_talks_medieval_times_of_halfaxa
pitchfork.com/features/interview/8774-grimes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

from the beginning

Art Angels. get it on Google Play or Itunes.

there are low quality versions out there, its been compressed on CD and i -think- on the Amazon mp3, i haven't confirmed the Amazon version but i did buy the CD and i can confirm the CD version of AA has been compressed and I notice it.

It's literally all vapid pixieshit garbage so don't waste your time unless you're some sort of guro fetishist waifufaggot where you like your women looking like a grown mans ass.

Waifufags will sperg out over almost anything even remotely female-related because that's just how their perverted minds work. Trust your own ears first when considering her (or anyone else's for that matter) music.

saved

Visions. If you like that, listen to Halifaxa and Geidi Primes. If you want something a little poppier, check out Art Angels.

Have you ever listened to Nightcore on Youtube?

Grimes is the same thing.

It's just waifu faggot shit.

No man with a pair of testicles listens to that shit.

>I like Ariel pink and someone said her music was similar.

holy kek

this

I listen to Grimes.

I rate this a 1/10

Tiny diccs like grimes confirmed

if you were honestly interested you'd just listen to her albums the first two are very short

but this is a thinly veiled grimes hate thread, of which we have 20 in the catalog at any given time, so please kys

>halfaxa
>witch house
???

what position was this taken in? i need this information to make a informed opinion on my rating

this is probably the worst flowchart I've ever seen

Art Angels is a lot more dance pop influnced than art pop
Geidi Primes is more hypnagogic pop than alt pop
literally every album in this chart except Art Angels is dream pop influenced, not only Darkbloom
Halfaxa is ethereal wave, not witch house

this

This chart proves that grimesfags know nothing about music genres.

Lol - gets you guys every single time.

>Since I know you folks just love arguing about charts... here's another one for you to gnarl on.
>
>You'll probably think it's overly simplistic (which is perfectly alright since it is - on purpose.) But there's actually a lot of complex psychology lurking underneath the surface - most particularly regarding which lines do/don't have arrows on them and the choosing of reference genres listed (could probably use more, but I thought it best to start out as stripped-down as possible.)
>
>Also, here's my rationale for describing Halfaxa as "witch house" in this chart, despite the fact that that is not what it actually is:
>Technically speaking Halfaxa is a medieval (as opposed to goth/gothic) electronic dance pop album:
>>"This album is more like medieval times," she explains. "I feel like there's this vague aesthetic idea that pervades the album. It's not totally gimmicky, it's just sort of this weird abstract idea of what is medieval and what the dark ages would sound like if they could be interpreted in an electronic means... I want to combine the feeling of sitting in a beautiful church with a reverb-y choir, but I want to combine that with the feeling of dancing to really good music. They're both really animalistic interpretations of beauty but I wanted them to happen at the same time for the listener."
>exclaim.ca/music/article/grimes_talks_medieval_times_of_halfaxa
>
>However, since there are no other albums currently in existence that fit that particular set of sonic descriptors (so far as I am aware of, anyway) it doesn't make very much sense to tell new listeners to Grimes that if they happen to already like that particular kind of music they should check out this album, now does it?

[1/2]

[2/2 from ]

>Notice the wording I used in the chart instructions: "Pick your MOST-LIKED genre..." The genres you see on this chart are not intended to be completely accurate descriptions of what her music is/sounds like (since that would be impossible given that Grimes' music is itself a definable genre - hence the giant dashed circle containing all of her music with the word Grimes at its center.) These are just common musicall reference points that - it is hoped - a new listener might already be aware of, and therefore might serve as a way of getting in to her music more easily for the first time. I was actually tempted to use the term "gothic pop" instead. However there aren't really any other examples of albums to serve as common reference points for what that means either, so I'm afraid we're just stuck with "witch house" for the time being. Fwiw even Grimes has been over it for years:
>>It used to really upset me when people called me "witch house." And then one day I thought, "But I did make a witch house record, whether I like it or not. Boo-hoo."
>pitchfork.com/features/interview/8774-grimes/

If you imagine him in a sweater he looks just like Larry David.

>pic related

just because she thinks it's witch house doesn't mean it's actually witch house

just because some normies think that ethereal dream pop that came out around the time witch house was popular is witch house doesn't mean it's actually witch house

you can google what witch house is

Larry David.

>Lol - gets you guys every single time.
so people tell you that your chart (assuming from the filename) is incorrect every single time you post it, and you haven't improved it yet?

>since that would be impossible given that Grimes' music is itself a definable genre
How fucking pretentious. You could say that about literally any fucking band that deviates even an iota from a mainstream idea of a musical genre. Death Grips could be their own genre. Early Devo could be their own genre. Yes could be their own genre. But they're fucking not, because the music industry doesn't revolve around them. Grimes is fucking dreampop, just like Beach House, M83, My Bloody Valentine and so many other fucking bands. Stop being so pretentious and realize that your favorite band is just a band instead of the second coming of Christ. Grimes shouldn't even have her own general, it's the same to me as having a Death Grips general or a Neutral Milk Hotel general, just a bunch of fucking waifufags jerking off over a remotely innovative female artist. And that's all it is, too, is virgin nerds sitting around in a thread glorifying an artist who's decent at best. Whatever you want to call her, whether it's dreampop, synthpop, art pop, witch house, or whatever the fuck, her genre isn't fucking Grimes. That's pretentious as hell and simply not true.