How can one region be so devoid of talent?

how can one region be so devoid of talent?

whats this supposed to be?

You're talking about the tan region, right?

yea

I think he means the blue parts.

>posts a map with shades
>no legend
Wew

weak bait

take off org/wash and you would be correct. include idaho and utah and new mexico tho

>LA
>SF
>Vancouver
>devoid of talent

ROFL

I think you mean the South and Midwest, OP.

OP here, sorry for misleading map, I meant the whole country

Name one good artist from LA.

Kendrick Lamar

real talk how come even with-in scenes west coast music tends to be about sex and drugs and light stuff while east coast music is more edgy, political and experimental? I like both but what's the catalyst?

Name 5 from any of those flyover states, partner.

Where do you get that from?

i think this is b8 but TPAB and fuck DT wasn't political? Name some political music from southern hip hop

Hmm, I wonder if states with 400,000 people have fewer known musicians than one with 38 million people....

confirmation bias
tupac and rage against the machine are from la
i don't have an example for the opposite (east coast "sex and drugs and light stuff") because i don't listen to much of that kind of music but i'm sure wikipedia does :)

>the worst coaster when confronted will say something about "muh flyover states" disregarding the fact that the first and third most populated cities in the country lie with-in the region

Rage against the machine is shit though and their politics are high school tier.

If you just mean musical styles it's because funk was mostly a west coast thing and jazz stayed popular on the east coast

>first most populated city
>not on the east coast

????

Ariel Pink

that doesn't have anything to do with anything though

>first most populated city
confirmed for not understanding what flyover means

The Bananas.

The thread is literally asking why a region is devoid of talent. You mentioned a group devoid of talent from that region.

Unwound

Boombox cartel

Frank Zappa, Tom Waits, Captain Beefheart, The Doors, Neil Young (Ohio, Southern Man, The Needle and the Damage Done) all seem to disagree with you.

and yes, I know Neil Young is originally from Canada but the bulk of his life has been spent in California.

why are 90% of good artists from the east coast? why is the east coast the best part of the country by a fucking landslide? is it because the pilgrims landed there first?

there have been great artists from basically every part of the U.S.

Even middle-of-nowhere areas (comparatively speaking) like Minnesota have produced artists like Bob Dylan.

this region voted almost entirely for hillary so i'm pretty sure they have plenty of TALENTED and INTELLECTUAL people

Credence Clearwater Revival

Im not shitting you.

>living in a flyover shithole

i genuinely feel bad for you and understand why you'd be so bitter

what is the philadelphia area?
lrn2google

what are you talking about lol
the closest thing to a flyover that voted for hillz was minnesota and that's a state that i wouldn't even wanna kill myself for living in

Love

Beat Music/Low End Theory artists