ITT: Albums you've had transcendental experiences to

Pretty sure by the end of this I communicated with god

the godspell soundtrack on lsd showed me jesus for a minute

Made me rethink my life and question humanity

I went into the haptic void and came back out a changed man

about 12 minutes into this

I had a severe fever over the summer and I swear I felt like I was on an airplane over the Pacific listening to this.

It was just your conscience telling you to kill yourself.

Smoked a bowl one time while listening to Blank Banshee 0. I don't know where I went but I left my body.

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on shrooms made me become one with nature.

Geogaddi on mushrooms was an experience that altered my life.

I feel this so much

In the peaceful sense or the ominous sense?

Digital Bath & Knife Prty blew my 13/yo mind

I was outside at a forest and my old elementary school, so the nostalgia Boards of Canada can induce was at an all time high. It honestly felt like each song was never ending, and every time a new song would start, it'd give me new emotions and atmosphere. I'd feel terrified to euphoric within minutes. I remember having some bind blowing at the time realization about Magic Window. I can't really remember it, but it was during the silence that I felt released from the album and realized that the message BoC was giving me was that the most beautiful music was all the sounds around us. Sounds pretty stupid now, but at the time I thought it was some profound meaning.

Listening to Darkthrone's unholy trilogy outside, alone in the cold while it snows or rains heavily, ideally in a forest. The atmosphere of the music and the environment blend perfectly and I'd never "gotten" them as much as I did then.

When I tripped and listened to Geogaddi I definitely went into the spooky ominous world, that album is like a super uncomfortable but amazing secret.
And it's definitely profound dude, it just goes to show you the places Boards can take you to in music.

he literally made that just to fulfill a contract that he didn't want to fulfill

And look what it created

guaranteed replies

crap?

>you know dude I read on wikipedia that um... he like .... didn't even WANT to make that album

go on

townes

Miserere mei, deus
Brumel's missa et ecce terrae motus
Traditions Rituelles Des Bonpos
The top two brought me so fucking close to converting to catholicism/orthodoxy whilst the other thankfully made me more agnostic, still thinking about it everyday though. Fuck I love repetitive music.

>implying that matters
Even if he was just fucking around, he fucked around and created one hell of an experience.

>buttsludge
pretty sure the only transcendental experience here is that you fell asleep while listening to it

ah, nothing like being 16

Astral weeks

There's no such thing as a "transcendental" experience. God obviously doesn't exist, this is the only plane of existence you'll ever experience, and 'spirituality' isn't a thing.

All of this is obvious if you think for more than 5 seconds, but for whatever reason you people like living a stupor.

pic related is woah

yeah well U think the MOON IS DEAD

Anyone that has heard this album will know.

This is the best debut album any Norwegian band has ever given out

"In this moment I am euphoric"