How does it feel knowing that in 30 years time she will be widely known as the defining artist of this era?

how does it feel knowing that in 30 years time she will be widely known as the defining artist of this era?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHydngA5C4E
youtube.com/watch?v=aY9vZv7HCvo
youtube.com/watch?v=NiF6-0UTqtc
youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc8bQoL-J0
youtube.com/watch?v=ViwtNLUqkMY
youtube.com/watch?v=2EwViQxSJJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bnVUHWCynig
youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY
youtube.com/watch?v=EVBsypHzF3U
youtube.com/watch?v=Ob7vObnFUJc
youtube.com/watch?v=p1JPKLa-Ofc
youtube.com/watch?v=WDZJPJV__bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fk4BbF7B29w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

feels good, yas
#slay

In a perfect world, she will be long dead and forgotten in 30 years.

It's okay because in 30 years we'll be dissecting Young Thug lyrics in music theory classes

Aaliyah>Yonce

for real though, she had her first #1 song in 1999
here she is in 2017 more famous than ever and shows no signs of slowing down. she could easily pull a madonna and be smashing into her 50s. she's only 35 now.

She'll be looked back on like madonna, she'll be given praise and respect when she comes up but never be in a serious music discussion.

And rightfully so.

aaliyah>yonce in terms of whose better at being dead. aaliyah doesnt even have the better self titled album (which is her best album).

madonna is talked about in serious music discussion though? you're spending a little too much time on Sup Forums my friend

I mean SERIOUS music discussion, she's not even a musician she's a performer.

Beyonce & Her 72 Producers - defining artist of the era

>turns up Kanye West - MBDTF

i read it correctly the first time. madge has multiple albums that are considered among the best of all time (referring to like a prayer and ray of light). not to mention the fact that she's always written/produced her own music and brought attention to taboo topics - see erotica in 1992 expressing her thoughts on sexuality and the AIDs epidemic

it's a 6/10 at best

SERIOUS music discussion, what are you not getting about this?

if serious music discussion is white men under 25 on Sup Forums then yeah you're right i guess. but elsewhere she remains relevant MUSICALLY and as a performer

>pop music can't be discussed in """""serious""""" music discussion

Affirms my disdain for the masses.

what are you doin' usin' your big school words just use normal people words and I'll understand what you're talkin' about

I hate them blacks

It's like you want me to kill you.

Pop music can, music based around sex appeal can't really, the lyrics and tunes could be literally anything that isn't offensive to the ears and it would be received exactly the same. Madonna isn't famous for her music.

she's famous for her music in addition to her persona. it's not a pick one or the other situation

just because you care about sex too much doesn't mean everyone else does the same

just because performer/artist/etc is sexually attractive for you doesn't mean he/she is attractive for everyone else

Bowie was famous for his music in addition to his persona. Madonna was famous for her persona. Her music was blase trash.

She was literally a sex symbol.

You are a retard if you even attempt to deny this.

Defining artists won't exist anymore. The age of pop culture is dead. The age of subcultures and niche interest is growing

No she's not her music is medicore generic trash, people listened to her because of her "persona" aka because she talked about sex

I don't find her sexy but she was a literal sex symbol, she got famous for a song called like a virgin, the song isn't good by any standards but she was singing about sex.

>let's be retards and ignore the fact that madonna's most widely praised albums do not focus on sexual themes whatsoever

Bowie was literally a sex symbol.

You are a retard if you even attempt to deny this.

Bowie's music was also blase trash though
he made literally one good album, as well as Madonna

If I was a retard I'd spend time on lowest common denominator trash like Madonna when there's a vast library of music for me to listen to.

Never said Bowie wasn't a sex symbol. Only said he had the music to substantiate his persona.

Stay a retarded culture cow.

>he had the music to substantiate his persona.
>not the opposite

Stay a retarded culture cow.

literally who

>implying most artists from the past 30 years haven't been impacted by madonna

I honestly don't give a shit about Bowie. I compared him to Madonna in that post to illustrate a distinction.

I don't care for much else, since it appears we're in agreement about Madonna's music being shit.

See above.

As performers, sure, but in any other aspect, absolutely not.

>I compared one pop star to another pop star in that post to illustrate a distinction.

great idea man

>strawman

bey n madonna killin it with these non-sexual songs that are from albums taked about in serious discussion desu
youtube.com/watch?v=NHydngA5C4E
youtube.com/watch?v=aY9vZv7HCvo

Bowie's music is near universally held in higher regard than Madonna's. I was leaning on that consensus to illustrate the difference between prolific musician with a persona, and a performer with a persona.

Please try to keep up. I don't want to have to explain every move I do in such detail. I'll get bored.

There's no strawman in that post.

You're retarded.

why are you even still here
you're not making any sense at this point

>producer is not a musician

Pretty sure Goatye's one hit, will be studied as such. Because there's no escaping it, and he was kinda an indie musician w/ a poppy enough song, at a time when the music industry couldn't fully control this whole internet thing.

2012 was filled with one hit wonders just like him
bey is more memorable in every way

>at a time when the music industry couldn't fully control this whole internet thing.
What do you mean by this?

I mean, exactly. 2012 was the year that pop music got kinda out of control of the record industry. No offense to Beyonce, but when record sales are unpredictable, then the industry suffers. They figured it out, since then, though, just like they fixed the Grammys so no band like Arcade Fire could ever win again.

I mean that people were buying records partially based off word-of-mouth over the internet, and that the recording industry had only so much influence over what that consisted in. They've since become more savvy, and learned to promote their preferred acts better over the net.

>Kanye
>Beyonce
>Madonna

So many impressionable children on this board.

you sound very conspiracy theoryish. random songs go viral all the time. it's the streaming era. grammys have always had unexpected winners to seem more ~credible~ or unpredictable - see beck taking aoty in 2015 instead of bey

what did he mean by this?

t. impressionable bowiefag kid

Beck is an established pop act. Incidentally, a record industry dude, took out a full page ad in the New York Times, complaining about Arcade Fire winning a Grammy over Justin Bieber. Given relative sales. The Grammys literally changed their rules in response.

>Kanye
A pretty staunch creative and objectively skilled producer who's managed to stay relevant in the music industry for 17 years, a huge part of pop music history
>Beyonce
Highly gifted and intelligent songwriter and performer who created two of the most eclectic and interesting pop concept albums of the past decade, another huge part of pop music history
>Madonna
Madonna is good

whew at nobody in this thread even talking about beyonce and how she's the artist of our generation.
youtube.com/watch?v=NiF6-0UTqtc
youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc8bQoL-J0
youtube.com/watch?v=ViwtNLUqkMY
youtube.com/watch?v=2EwViQxSJJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bnVUHWCynig
youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY
youtube.com/watch?v=EVBsypHzF3U
youtube.com/watch?v=Ob7vObnFUJc
youtube.com/watch?v=p1JPKLa-Ofc
youtube.com/watch?v=WDZJPJV__bQ

her career just wont falter! and the quality gets infinitely better with each album release

>Beyoncé
>songwriter
>created
My acquaintance

she's won numerous awards for her songwriting...

>not complaining about "kanye is creative and objectively skilled producer"
spotted kanyefag

From whom? The Grammys? How about her other 72 writers on Lemonade?

All part of the machine my dude

Beyonce is an amazing performer and probably has some directional talent but she is a glorified puppet. lets not overstate things here

She's only going to be remembered as another pop star.
Only old black women ( and a sizable chunk of white women) will actually remember her. By then some new pop artist will come in and take over.

>has directional talent
>is a glorified puppet
wait a minute...
and yeah it's apparent that her talent lies in directing a project rather than coming up with every detail herself. but ultimately she's the one driving force behind the works

because just any pop star consistently releases culturally relevant albums for 3 decades and manages to adapt to the climate rather than fade? and also releases multiple acclaimed albums?

Sick, looks like you did your research
Beyonce is lauded in the singer/songwriter community for her understanding of the craft, there's even an interview with fucking Prince where HE remarks on how talented she is
Do you have any points that suggest the opposite? He's done a bunch of shit for pop/hip hop that no other artist could dream of doing successfully without at most reaching "indie darling" status

I honestly think Adele will be remembered over Beyonce. I don't really follow pop or top 40 music, but I know Adele. When I couldn't point out a Beyonce song, if I heard it.

youtube.com/watch?v=fk4BbF7B29w

adele is way less consistent and much less acclaimed musically

doesnt matter. she'll always have the bigger hits and wider audience appeal.

Maybe so, but I still couldn't name a Beyonce song. Maybe just because I wasn't working a retail job where I had to listen to top 40, when Beyonce was a thing. Or is she still?

fight

Adele is as top 40 as Beyonce
what are you talking about?

Tons of people do that shit, hell her husband is doing that shit, Kanye is doing it. Once you get to the top it's not hard to maintain that popularity. Taylor Swift and Drake are out there doing the same thing.
She will be mentioned but honestly in the future the only people giving a shit about past pop will be the people who listened to it and the minority of the newer generation. Beyoncé will just get thrown in with the rest of the famous people we are hearing on the radio right now

I mean, I remember hearing Adele played a thousand times at my last job, but don't know if I heard Beyonce or not. Maybe? My point is that Adele is more top 40 than Beyonce?

Not really. She only has like 7 songs that are actually well known to the public.

Facts.

>contrarians

bey's career is twice as long as kanye and taylor's tho? and she's still more relevant than they are now and infinitely more relevant than jay ever was

Literally who?

One in a Million is definitely Aaliyah's best

My niece was named after Aaliyah. True fact. I remember her from MTV back in the day. I don't really know Beyonce.

worst you mean

This era? Lol... An era that will be known as one of the worst in musical history.

You mean 1900-1930

sllay yas sslay queen yas slay yes slayu slay syaly SLLAAAAYYY kween yes queen yes qyeen YES QUEEN SLAY ys queen yes please queen please slay queen YAAAAASSSSS

>Beyoncé
the Queen

>thè Queen
#slay

>#slay
YÂS QUEEN BEY SLAY

flawless.